  1. Hi guys, what do I need to run a programme I have downloaed with .iso
    format? Win 2000.

    Thanks for any guidance,

    Mrs Beeble Brock, Nov 17, 2004

  2. Mrs Beeble Brock said the following on 17/11/2004 18:23:
    > Hi guys, what do I need to run a programme I have downloaed with .iso
    > format? Win 2000.
    >
    > Thanks for any guidance,

    You dont run an iso file you burn it to CD.
    ISO is a file image of a cd, when you burn it then you can access the
    items created from the iso file.

    | Local 40.9000°S, 174.9830°E |

    Collector»NZ, Nov 17, 2004

  3. Ah - thanks.

    Mrs Beeble Brock, Nov 17, 2004
  4. It seems like Wed, 17 Nov 2004 18:27:53 +1300 was when Collector»NZ
    <> said Blah blah blah...

    >You dont run an iso file you burn it to CD.
    >ISO is a file image of a cd, when you burn it then you can access the
    >items created from the iso file.

    Yup. You could use a program like virtual drive or something to turn
    the ISO into a virtual drive that you could access on your machine if
    you didn't want to burn it to CD.
    --
    Regards,
    Waylon Kenning.

    1st Year B.I.T. WelTec

    Waylon Kenning, Nov 17, 2004
  5. Mrs Beeble Brock

    Daniel Guest

    Mrs Beeble Brock wrote:

    > Hi guys, what do I need to run a programme I have downloaed with .iso
    > format? Win 2000.
    >
    > Thanks for any guidance,

    You should be able to mount it as virtual drive - I'm guessing.

    It's certainly possible in Linux (very handy for those 3+ CD distros
    when you've got the space, and can't be bothered keeping the CD's
    handy).

    Daniel, Nov 17, 2004
  6. Mrs Beeble Brock

    Daniel Guest

    Daniel, Nov 17, 2004
  7. Waylon Kenning said the following on 17/11/2004 19:11:
    > It seems like Wed, 17 Nov 2004 18:27:53 +1300 was when Collector»NZ
    > <> said Blah blah blah...
    >

    >>You dont run an iso file you burn it to CD.
    >>ISO is a file image of a cd, when you burn it then you can access the
    >>items created from the iso file.

    > Yup. You could use a program like virtual drive or something to turn
    > the ISO into a virtual drive that you could access on your machine if
    > you didn't want to burn it to CD.

    Um I guessing if they dont know about ISO's mounting a virtual drive is
    going to be very confusing for them.

    | Local 40.9000°S, 174.9830°E |

    Collector»NZ, Nov 17, 2004
  8. Easy peasy - all burnt and installed now. Of course due to my CD burner
    problems a quick job took two disks and 15 minutes. Thanks for your advice.

    Mrs Beeble Brock, Nov 17, 2004
  9. Mrs Beeble Brock

    -[Myth]- Guest

    On Wed, 17 Nov 2004 19:14:58 +1300, Collector»NZ wrote:

    > Waylon Kenning said the following on 17/11/2004 19:11:
    >> It seems like Wed, 17 Nov 2004 18:27:53 +1300 was when Collector»NZ
    >> <> said Blah blah blah...
    >>

    >>>You dont run an iso file you burn it to CD.
    >>>ISO is a file image of a cd, when you burn it then you can access the
    >>>items created from the iso file.

    >> Yup. You could use a program like virtual drive or something to turn
    >> the ISO into a virtual drive that you could access on your machine if
    >> you didn't want to burn it to CD.

    > Um I guessing if they dont know about ISO's mounting a virtual drive is
    > going to be very confusing for them.

    Daemon-tools makes it very easy, Just select the file and the drive letter.

    -[Myth]-, Nov 17, 2004
  10. It seems like Wed, 17 Nov 2004 19:14:58 +1300 was when Collector»NZ
    <> said Blah blah blah...

    >> Yup. You could use a program like virtual drive or something to turn
    >> the ISO into a virtual drive that you could access on your machine if
    >> you didn't want to burn it to CD.

    >Um I guessing if they dont know about ISO's mounting a virtual drive is
    >going to be very confusing for them.

    It's not my idea to judge what I think they know and don't know.
    However, virtual drive that comes bundled with modern Soltek
    motherboards seems very easy to use. If a person has a problem with
    the application, pressing F1 and taking a look at the help file always
    helps me out when I get stuck:)
    --
    Regards,
    Waylon Kenning.