    enlarge to about 3/4 screen. But if I run dosshell and then exit it, I
    get a full screen DOS. Is there a command that will enlarge the screen
    without running dosshell?

    slowhands, Feb 8, 2005

  2. "slowhands" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > When I run command out of windows, i get a small window which i can then
    > enlarge to about 3/4 screen. But if I run dosshell and then exit it, I
    > get a full screen DOS. Is there a command that will enlarge the screen
    > without running dosshell?

    Press Alt/Enter keys

    Press Alt/Enter keys again to get out of full screen
    type exit to get out of shell

    --

    PhEaSaNt PLuCKeR

    PhEaSaNt PLuCKeR, Feb 8, 2005

  3. slowhands

    Joel Rubin Guest

    On Mon, 07 Feb 2005 23:49:03 -0600, slowhands
    <> wrote:

    >When I run command out of windows, i get a small window which i can then
    >enlarge to about 3/4 screen. But if I run dosshell and then exit it, I
    >get a full screen DOS. Is there a command that will enlarge the screen
    >without running dosshell?

    1) Right click on the desktop icon for command prompt and choose copy.
    2) Right click on an empty piece of the desk top and choose paste.
    3) Right click on the copy and choose properties.
    4) On the options sheet of properties, click full screen.
    5) Now rename the copy to something like "Full Screen DOS Box".

    Note - within a DOS Box, you can always go to full screen or from full
    screen to a window by typing alt+enter.

    Joel Rubin, Feb 8, 2005
  4. slowhands

    Toolman Tim Guest

    "PhEaSaNt PLuCKeR" <> wrote in message

    | "slowhands" <> wrote in message
    | > When I run command out of windows, i get a small window which i can then
    | > enlarge to about 3/4 screen. But if I run dosshell and then exit it, I
    | > get a full screen DOS. Is there a command that will enlarge the screen
    | > without running dosshell?
    | >

    | Press Alt/Enter keys
    |
    | Press Alt/Enter keys again to get out of full screen
    | type exit to get out of shell

    Yup - and that works for any DOS applications running in a window as well!

    Toolman Tim, Feb 8, 2005
  5. "Toolman Tim" <> wrote in message

    > "PhEaSaNt PLuCKeR" <> wrote in message
    > |
    > | "slowhands" <> wrote in message
    > | > When I run command out of windows, i get a small window which i can

    then
    > | > enlarge to about 3/4 screen. But if I run dosshell and then exit it,

    > | > get a full screen DOS. Is there a command that will enlarge the

    screen
    > | > without running dosshell?
    > | >

    > | Press Alt/Enter keys
    > |
    > | Press Alt/Enter keys again to get out of full screen
    > | type exit to get out of shell
    > |
    > Yup - and that works for any DOS applications running in a window as well!

    Certainly Does :)

    --

    PhEaSaNt PLuCKeR

    PhEaSaNt PLuCKeR, Feb 9, 2005
  6. slowhands

    mhinkle

    Joined:
    Sep 5, 2012
    Messages:
    1
    Hi guys, I'm running win7 and when i use ALT-Enter I get an error message that says "This system does not support fullscreen mode"
    Now what?

    mhinkle, Sep 5, 2012