how to route nntp to the right link

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by gg, Nov 25, 2006.

  1. gg

    gg Guest

    (I am still learning Cisco admin on the job)
    On a csco1811, I have FE0 linked to isp1 at 142.1.1.1 (frictions)
    FE1 to isp2 at 68.1.1.2 ( again fake ip for every ip and name mentioned
    here)

    I have used the SDM to setup basic firewall. for both links

    Isp1 provide nntp service only through its own link so is isp2:
    news.isp1.net is 224.191.56.74
    mycitynews.isp2.com is 199.74.223.185

    I already got ip assigned to FE0 and FE1 correctly
    I also got static ip route for remote email and web server through both
    external IP

    Now I am trying to setup the routing for newsgroup
    news.isp1.net is 224.191.56.74
    mycitynews.isp2.com is 199.74.223.185

    next thing I will be doing is open firewall for both link to ftp for 2 set
    of tcp ports say
    12351 to 12363 to internal vlan1 pc at 192.185.132.99
    18456 to 18459 to internal vlan1 pc at 192.189.153.42
    I know how to open a port with al command for each port and for each link
    is there a better one that allows me to open a range port for both link to a
    destination pc address?
    Linksys and some Symantec product would let me do that in one single GUI
    line quick, easy and understandable as well as naming the connection..

    would that be correct? would there be conflict

    is there a better way to doing and still be clear what the routes are for
    without sacrificing performance?

    gg, Nov 25, 2006