How to route multiple ports to one port (NAT/PAT)

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by velcroak@hotmail.com, Mar 1, 2008.

  1. Guest

    Hello,

    I have a NAT setup on my Cisco router to route any inbound traffic on
    SIP (VOIP) port 5060 to my voip server. During my business trip I
    realized that port 5060 is blocked by many ISPs. So, now I want to
    route another port (Say, 8000) to my voip server's 5060 port.

    The trouble I have is as following:
    ip nat inside source static tcp 192.168.0.15 5060 interface
    FastEthernet4 5060
    ip nat inside source static tcp 192.168.0.15 5060 interface
    FastEthernet4 6000

    The second line is overwriting the first one. I believe PAT is the
    answer, but I do not know how to do it.

    Any input will be highly appreciated.

    Thanks.

    Ash

    , Mar 1, 2008

  2. cisckawy

    Joined:
    Jan 7, 2008
    Messages:
    11
    Location:
    E G Y P T
    hi Ash,
    please clearify, do you mean that with the given configuration connections at port 6000 is sucessfull and connections at port 5060 fails??

    why don't you use port 6000 only for everyone?

    by the way the configuration you mentioned is static PAT

    cisckawy, Mar 1, 2008

  3. They are not overriding each other, otherwise the router will not even let
    you put it in. What is happening though is that you need to setup your
    clients (phones) to talk to destination (whatever interface f4 is) and
    destination port 6000.

    The router will then receive the incoming packet to 6000 and convert it to
    192.168.0.15 5060.

    CYA

    On 3/1/08 4:21 AM, in article
    ,

    Yandy Ramirez, Mar 2, 2008
  4. Guest

    On Mar 2, 12:22 am, Yandy Ramirez <> wrote:
    > They are not overriding each other, otherwise the router will not even let
    > you put it in. What is happening though is that you need to setup your
    > clients (phones) to talk to destination (whatever interface f4 is) and
    > destination port 6000.
    >
    > The router will then receive the incoming packet to 6000 and convert it to
    > 192.168.0.15 5060.
    >
    > CYA

    Hello Yandy,

    I am positive that there is no listening going on at port 5060 on the
    external address. Yes, when I change the port to 6000, it works. So,
    the only conclusion I drew was that the second line is overwriting the
    prior statement.

    Regards.

    Ash

    , Mar 2, 2008
  5. In article
    <>,
    wrote:

    > Hello,
    >
    > I have a NAT setup on my Cisco router to route any inbound traffic on
    > SIP (VOIP) port 5060 to my voip server. During my business trip I
    > realized that port 5060 is blocked by many ISPs. So, now I want to
    > route another port (Say, 8000) to my voip server's 5060 port.
    >
    > The trouble I have is as following:
    > ip nat inside source static tcp 192.168.0.15 5060 interface
    > FastEthernet4 5060
    > ip nat inside source static tcp 192.168.0.15 5060 interface
    > FastEthernet4 6000
    >
    > The second line is overwriting the first one. I believe PAT is the
    > answer, but I do not know how to do it.
    >
    > Any input will be highly appreciated.

    I think you should be using "ip nat outside" rather than "ip nat
    inside". This changes the port that you're defining from the inside
    port to the outside port.

    --
    Barry Margolin,
    Arlington, MA