how to rid about:blank

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by G. Morgan, Feb 2, 2005.

  1. G. Morgan

    G. Morgan Guest

    Subject: how to rid about:blank
    Newsgroup: 24hoursupport.helpdesk
    => whtever <= wrote:

    >Hi,
    >
    >I am using windowsME and my system is infected with some sort of
    >virus/spyware/spybot.
    >I dont know much about computers.
    >I know that if I do a yahoo search on about:blank, it will show me website
    >that offers programs that get rid of this menace.
    >
    >However, I dont know which site is safe.
    >(1) Therefore can anyone point me to a safe website.
    >(2) Show me step by step, manually, ways to get rid of this menace.
    >
    >Thank You.

    Read this thread:

    http://www.techsupportforum.com/showthread.php?t=33521

    Basically you'll need AboutBuster:
    http://www.greyknight17.com/spy/AboutBuster.zip

    And Hijack This:
    http://www.greyknight17.com/spy/HijackThis Analyzer.zip

    And CleanUp:
    http://cleanup.stevengould.org/

    --

    -Graham

    Remove the snails to email

    G. Morgan, Feb 2, 2005

  2. G. Morgan

    G. Morgan Guest

    Subject: Re: how to rid about:blank
    => G. Morgan <= wrote:

    >And Hijack This:

    Correction!!!!

    Hijack This is located at:

    http://www.greyknight17.com/spy/HijackThis.exe

    --

    -Graham

    Remove the snails to email

    G. Morgan, Feb 2, 2005

  3. G. Morgan

    Avenger© Guest

    On Wed, 2 Feb 2005 16:27:59 -0800, "whtever" <>
    wrote:

    >Hi,
    >
    >I am using windowsME and my system is infected with some sort of
    >virus/spyware/spybot.
    >I dont know much about computers.
    >I know that if I do a yahoo search on about:blank, it will show me website
    >that offers programs that get rid of this menace.
    >
    >However, I dont know which site is safe.
    >(1) Therefore can anyone point me to a safe website.
    >(2) Show me step by step, manually, ways to get rid of this menace.
    >
    >Thank You.

    Fix your clock/date, you're posting from the future!!

    Avenger©, Feb 2, 2005
  4. G. Morgan

    Avenger© Guest

    Shut the **** up, you whining, bleating bitchtard.

    Avenger©, Feb 2, 2005
  5. G. Morgan

    Avenger© Guest

    Avenger©, Feb 2, 2005
  6. G. Morgan

    Avenger© Guest

    On Wed, 2 Feb 2005 23:47:20 +1100, Avenger©
    <> wrote:

    >Avenger© wrote:
    >
    >> If I don't appear

    That would be even better K, but does your Aboriginal black magic
    extend that far though???

    --
    Avenger©
    I *HATE* Spam

    Avenger©, Feb 2, 2005
  7. G. Morgan

    Liz Guest

    "whtever" wrote

    > Sorry, I didnt explain clearly the problems that I faced.
    >
    > Okay, further to my 1st post above, this is my problems :-
    >
    > When I launch my internet explorer, my home page is hijacked

    1. About:Blank Homepage Hijacker Removal Instructions

    http://www.pchell.com/support/aboutblank.shtml

    2. Right-click on your computer's clock, select Adjust Date/Time,
    click your current time zone: GMT + 0800 Kuala Lumpur, Singapore, OK.

    http://www.ncaa.org/time.html

    Liz, Feb 2, 2005
  8. G. Morgan

    Dodo Guest

    Begin by profiling your system with Autoruns and HijackThis. Post back with
    the scan results.

    http://spywareguy.com/

    whtever, Feb 3, 2005
  10. G. Morgan

    whtever Guest

    Sorry, I didnt explain clearly the problems that I faced.

    Okay, further to my 1st post above, this is my problems :-

    When I launch my internet explorer, my home page is hijacked and
    automatically points to about:blank and pop ups appear from time to time.

    Thanks

    whtever, Feb 3, 2005
  11. G. Morgan

    Harry Balz Guest

    "whtever" <> wrote in

    > Hi,
    >
    > I am using windowsME and my system is infected with some sort of
    > virus/spyware/spybot.
    > I dont know much about computers.
    > I know that if I do a yahoo search on about:blank, it will show
    > me website that offers programs that get rid of this menace.
    >
    > However, I dont know which site is safe.
    > (1) Therefore can anyone point me to a safe website.
    > (2) Show me step by step, manually, ways to get rid of this
    > menace.
    >
    > Thank You.

    Reboot to a command prompt and issue the following command, format C:

    Harry Balz

    Harry Balz, Feb 3, 2005
  12. G. Morgan

    Dead_Dad Guest

    whatever wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I am using windowsME and my system is infected with some sort of
    > virus/spyware/spybot.
    > I dont know much about computers.
    > I know that if I do a yahoo search on about:blank, it will show me website
    > that offers programs that get rid of this menace.
    >
    > However, I dont know which site is safe.
    > (1) Therefore can anyone point me to a safe website.
    > (2) Show me step by step, manually, ways to get rid of this menace.
    >
    > Thank You.

    The /first/ thing to do is switch from IE to Firefox (
    http://tinyurl.com/32654 ) which will get rid of most of your
    spyware/malware infection problems. It looks and acts (mostly) the same
    as IE, but is /*much*/ more secure and has a lot of features that IE
    only /wishes/ it had. I've been running it for three months and
    Ad-Aware reports /no/ spyware in that time, as opposed to 2-3 per week
    with IE.

    Thnik about it!
    Dead_Dad

    Dead_Dad, Feb 3, 2005
  13. On Thu, 03 Feb 2005 11:04:40 GMT, Dead_Dad <""s p a m t r a p 0 0 7
    \"@ y a h o o . c o m"> wrote:

    >The /first/ thing to do is switch from IE to Firefox (
    >http://tinyurl.com/32654 ) which will get rid of most of your
    >spyware/malware infection problems. It looks and acts (mostly) the same
    >as IE, but is /*much*/ more secure and has a lot of features that IE
    >only /wishes/ it had. I've been running it for three months and
    >Ad-Aware reports /no/ spyware in that time, as opposed to 2-3 per week
    >with IE.

    If I could just figure out how to use tabs in it...

    Swill

    --
    "Local Power Company, how may I assist you today?"

    "My power is going out."

    "Have all your lights gone?"

    "No, just the one in the refrigerator."

    www.userfriendly.org