    rectify this in your email by insuring that the SMTP(outgoing mail server is
    mail.tpg.com..au Port 25(SSL)NO.Server Error 550, Error Number 0x800ccc69
    any help i would wellcome.

    susie wood, Sep 26, 2005

  2. susie wood

    Gordon Guest

    "susie wood" <> wrote in message
    news:
    > hi im having trouble retrieving my old email in outlook express pls
    > can u help? everytime i try to open my email its blank n its says
    > like this: An unknown error has occured,Account"tpg.com.au.(1)Server
    > "tpg.com.au' Protocol SMTP,Server Responses'55057.1 The message has
    > not been sent due to incorrect mail server settings configured in
    > your Email Program. You can rectify this in your email by insuring
    > that the SMTP(outgoing mail server is mail.tpg.com..au Port
    > 25(SSL)NO.Server Error 550, Error Number 0x800ccc69 any help i would
    > wellcome.

    The clue is in the error message.

    "Server "tpg.com.au'"
    and
    "outgoing mail server is mail.tpg.com..au "

    Try setting your smtp server to mail.tpg.com..au

    Gordon, Sep 26, 2005

  3. susie wood

    Richard Guest

    "susie wood" <> wrote in message
    > hi im having trouble retrieving my old email in outlook express pls can u
    > help? everytime i try to open my email its blank n its says like this: An
    > unknown error has occured,Account"tpg.com.au.(1)Server "tpg.com.au'
    > Protocol SMTP,Server Responses'55057.1 The message has not been sent due
    > to incorrect mail server settings configured in your Email Program. You
    > can rectify this in your email by insuring that the SMTP(outgoing mail
    > server is mail.tpg.com..au Port 25(SSL)NO.Server Error 550, Error Number
    > 0x800ccc69
    > any help i would wellcome.

    You must have the wrong information in the Outlook Mail setup. Go to
    Tools - Accounts - select your email account and click properties. Check
    that the correct information is on the General page and then check the
    server page. I cannot tell you what it should be, it depends on your ISP,
    but perhaps you should have mail.tpg.com in the smtp box on the server page.
    If that is not there, put it in and see if it solves the problem!
    --
    Richard Woollacott
    Please look at http://www.sri-lanka.org.uk>

    Richard, Sep 26, 2005
  4. susie wood

    Dave Guest

    "Gordon" <> wrote in message
    > "susie wood" <> wrote in message
    >> hi im having trouble retrieving my old email in outlook express pls
    >> can u help? everytime i try to open my email its blank n its says
    >> like this: An unknown error has occured,Account"tpg.com.au.(1)Server
    >> "tpg.com.au' Protocol SMTP,Server Responses'55057.1 The message has
    >> not been sent due to incorrect mail server settings configured in
    >> your Email Program. You can rectify this in your email by insuring
    >> that the SMTP(outgoing mail server is mail.tpg.com..au Port
    >> 25(SSL)NO.Server Error 550, Error Number 0x800ccc69 any help i would
    >> wellcome.

    > The clue is in the error message.
    >
    > "Server "tpg.com.au'"
    > and
    > "outgoing mail server is mail.tpg.com..au "
    >
    > Try setting your smtp server to mail.tpg.com..au

    ^^^^^^ 2
    dots?????

    Dave, Sep 26, 2005
  5. susie wood

    Gordon Guest

    "Dave" <> wrote in message
    > "Gordon" <> wrote in message
    >> "susie wood" <> wrote in message
    >>> hi im having trouble retrieving my old email in outlook express pls
    >>> can u help? everytime i try to open my email its blank n its says
    >>> like this: An unknown error has occured,Account"tpg.com.au.(1)Server
    >>> "tpg.com.au' Protocol SMTP,Server Responses'55057.1 The message has
    >>> not been sent due to incorrect mail server settings configured in
    >>> your Email Program. You can rectify this in your email by insuring
    >>> that the SMTP(outgoing mail server is mail.tpg.com..au Port
    >>> 25(SSL)NO.Server Error 550, Error Number 0x800ccc69 any help i would
    >>> wellcome.

    >> The clue is in the error message.
    >>
    >> "Server "tpg.com.au'"
    >> and
    >> "outgoing mail server is mail.tpg.com..au "
    >>
    >> Try setting your smtp server to mail.tpg.com..au

    > ^^^^^^ 2 dots?????

    Just cutting and pasting....that may ALSO be another part of the problem!

    Gordon, Sep 26, 2005
  6. susie wood

    Richard Guest

    "susie wood" <> wrote in message
    > hi im having trouble retrieving my old email in outlook express pls can u
    > help? everytime i try to open my email its blank n its says like this: An
    > unknown error has occured,Account"tpg.com.au.(1)Server "tpg.com.au'
    > Protocol SMTP,Server Responses'55057.1 The message has not been sent due
    > to incorrect mail server settings configured in your Email Program. You
    > can rectify this in your email by insuring that the SMTP(outgoing mail
    > server is mail.tpg.com..au Port 25(SSL)NO.Server Error 550, Error Number
    > 0x800ccc69
    > any help i would wellcome.

    I sent this once, but it didn't appear.

    Richard, Sep 27, 2005
  7. susie wood

    Mike Easter Guest

    susie wood wrote:

    > hi im having trouble retrieving my old email in outlook express pls
    > can u help?

    Retrieving your /old/ mail? As opposed to receiving your /new/ mail?
    Receiving mail from your mailbox at your provider's server is a
    different process than sending mail which is still sitting in your
    mailuser agent's outbox because that mail hasn't been sent yet.

    > everytime i try to open my email its blank n its says
    > like this:

    Depending upon your configuration; one way your OE might be configured
    is to go to your inbox when the application loads. Also, it is
    'standard' configuration to send any messages in the outbox to the smtp
    server, if configured to send messages immediately. Also it is
    'standard' configuration to receive any messages at your provider's
    popserver [or imap alternatively] because the account is typically
    configured to "include this account when receiving mail or
    synchronizing'

    > An unknown error has occured,Account"tpg.com.au.(1)Server
    > "tpg.com.au' Protocol SMTP,Server Responses'55057.1 The message has
    > not been sent due to incorrect mail server settings configured in
    > your Email Program.

    That is an alert message about a mail message in your outbox which
    hasn't been sent. Problems with outbox messages not getting sent can
    interfere with any other functions which would follow.

    The above is describing a transaction problem for OE to find and
    transact with the configured smtp server for sending mail. It is also
    describing a server response of 550 and 5.7.1 which indicates that you
    did 'hookup' with the server, which for your provider is at
    mail.tpg.com.au

    > You can rectify this in your email by insuring
    > that the SMTP(outgoing mail server is mail.tpg.com..au Port
    > 25(SSL)NO.Server Error 550, Error Number 0x800ccc69 any help i would
    > wellcome.

    What may appear to others as a 'discrepancy' between tpg.com.au and
    mail.tpg.com.au isn't necessarily a discrepancy. Your OE can call the
    account whatever it wants to call it. It could call the account 'Total
    Peripherals Group Mail Account' if it wanted to. The account's name in
    the alert is tpg.com.au. The proper smtp server for the account should
    be mail.tpg.com.au when you inspect the account's properties, unless you
    are using one of the account types described in the last par below.

    If you need to get rid of a 'bad' mail in your outbox you should delete
    it or move it into another folder such as drafts before you try to get
    your mail.

    If you need to check your mailuser agent's configurations, you should go
    to your provider's help page which is at http://www.tpg.com.au/helpdesk/
    on another page there are instructions for setting up your OE and
    another page has the names of the servers for either/or SSL or non-SSL
    for pop3, smtp, imap, pop3s, smtps, and imaps.

    What are the incoming and outgoing mail servers?
    The incoming and outgoing mail server addresses are the same.
    for smtp its mail.tpg.com.au on port 25
    for pop3 its mail.tpg.com.au on port 110
    for imap its mail.tpg.com.au on port 143

    using tls or ssl:
    for smtps its mail.tpg.com.au on port 465
    for pop3s its mail.tpg.com.au on port 995
    for imaps its mail.tpg.com.au on port 993

    --
    Mike Easter

    Mike Easter, Sep 27, 2005
  8. susie wood

    Mike Easter Guest

    Mike Easter wrote:
    > susie wood wrote:

    >> An unknown error has occured,Account"tpg.com.au.(1)Server
    >> "tpg.com.au' Protocol SMTP,Server Responses'55057.1 The message has
    >> not been sent due to incorrect mail server settings configured in
    >> your Email Program.

    > That is an alert message about a mail message in your outbox which
    > hasn't been sent.

    >> You can rectify this in your email by insuring
    >> that the SMTP(outgoing mail server is mail.tpg.com..au Port
    >> 25(SSL)NO.Server Error 550, Error Number 0x800ccc69 any help i would
    >> wellcome.

    > What may appear to others as a 'discrepancy' between tpg.com.au and
    > mail.tpg.com.au isn't necessarily a discrepancy. Your OE can call the
    > account whatever it wants to call it.

    However, in this case the words which I see if I telnet to port 25 at
    tpg.com.au are

    // 550 5.7.1 The message has not been sent due to incorrect mail server
    settings configured in your Email program. You can rectify this in your
    Email settings by ensuring that the SMTP (outgoing) mail server is
    'mail.tpg.com.au' //

    So, clearly you have misnamed the server in your OE configuration
    because the information you are getting back is being returned by a
    server at tpg.com.au..

    Follow the screenshots here:

    The instructions for a new account start here
    http://www.tpg.com.au/helpdesk/email/express6.php and require you to
    click on the screenshot designated areas.

    If you wanted to just repair the existing account you would click on its
    properties and make the incoming and outgoing mailservers be
    mail.tpg.com.au

    --
    Mike Easter

    Mike Easter, Sep 27, 2005