    Any way around this before I have to drive there and use my console
    cable to do a password wipe? Thanks for any suggestions.
    , Oct 16, 2008

  2. Guest

    On 16 Oct, 16:28, wrote:
    > Hi all. I am working on a PIX with 6.3.5 .
    >
    > I have been given the ENABLE password and therefore have the ability
    > to use PDM.
    >
    > However, I would like to use either SSH or telnet to do my work. But I
    > do not have THAT password.
    >
    > I do not know the existing telnet password and PDM won't let me reset
    > it. It keeps implying that I have to know the existing telnet
    > password.
    >
    > Any way around this before I have to drive there and use my console
    > cable to do a password wipe?  Thanks for any suggestions.

    You can issue command line commands from the PDM.
    Over on the right of the menu somewhere.

    So you can do a sh run and decide
    what you want to do and then do it.

    To change the config I use the multi-line
    command facility and do
    conf t
    xxxx yyyyy
    end

    Good luck.
    , Oct 17, 2008

  3. Guest

    Great, thank you so much. It worked.

    I obviously do not know how to accept a Cisco GUI as my friend :)

    On Oct 16, 7:48 pm, wrote:
    > On 16 Oct, 16:28, wrote:
    >
    > > Hi all. I am working on a PIX with 6.3.5 .

    > > I have been given the ENABLE password and therefore have the ability
    > > to use PDM.

    > > However, I would like to use either SSH or telnet to do my work. But I
    > > do not have THAT password.

    > > I do not know the existing telnet password and PDM won't let me reset
    > > it. It keeps implying that I have to know the existing telnet
    > > password.

    > > Any way around this before I have to drive there and use my console
    > > cable to do a password wipe?  Thanks for any suggestions.

    > You can issue command line commands from the PDM.
    > Over on the right of the menu somewhere.
    >
    > So you can do a sh run and decide
    > what you want to do and then do it.
    >
    > To  change the config I use the multi-line
    > command facility and do
    > conf t
    > xxxx  yyyyy
    > end