    it doesnt recognize my command.com and shows "invalid boot disk".
    How I can resolve this ?
    Thanks in advance...
    bas, Nov 30, 2006

  2. bas

    Mr. Arnold6 Guest

    bas wrote:
    > I have developed my own version of command.com using a C program which
    > interprets commands. And I converted into com file and replaced into a
    > bootable floppy disk instead of original commnad.com. Now, I would like
    > my version of command.com to be executed, when I start from floppy. But
    > it doesnt recognize my command.com and shows "invalid boot disk".
    > How I can resolve this ?

    You drop it and leave it alone before you shoot yourself in your foot.
    Mr. Arnold6, Nov 30, 2006

  3. bas

    Guest

    "bas" <> wrote:

    >I have developed my own version of command.com using a C program which
    >interprets commands. And I converted into com file and replaced into a
    >bootable floppy disk instead of original commnad.com. Now, I would like
    >my version of command.com to be executed, when I start from floppy. But
    >it doesnt recognize my command.com and shows "invalid boot disk".
    >How I can resolve this ?
    >Thanks in advance...

    Download a boot disk http://bootdisk.com/bootdisk.htm
    place your command.com in a directory of your choice.

    to the autoexec.bat add: SET COMSPEC=<path>

    my old one: SET COMSPEC=G:\dos\COMMAND.COM

    --
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=NfgCLF4ld54
    , Nov 30, 2006
  4. bas

    Tester Guest

    On 29 Nov 2006 22:36:30 -0800, "bas" <>
    wrote:

    >I have developed my own version of command.com using a C program which
    >interprets commands. And I converted into com file and replaced into a
    >bootable floppy disk instead of original commnad.com. Now, I would like
    >my version of command.com to be executed, when I start from floppy. But
    >it doesnt recognize my command.com and shows "invalid boot disk".
    >How I can resolve this ?
    >Thanks in advance...

    Hmm - from the line

    in your headers you seem to be using XP aka Windows NT 5.1.

    So why are you using command.com instead of the much better cmd.exe?

    Try the following. Run Control. If you're in category view of control,
    c hoose "Performance and Maintenance". Now choose "System".

    Take the advanced tab and hit the "Environmental Variables" button.

    Under "System Variables", edit ComSpec so it points to your new
    command interpreter program.

    By the way, there's a shareware replacement for command.com and
    cmd.exe at jpsoft.com. Their command.com improvement is quite an
    improvement from the standard version but cmd.exe has at least some of
    their improvements.

    Also, some people use some version or other of Unix shells such as
    bash and at least some of these are free with free source code which
    might be of interest to someone who has written a command interpreter.

    Tester, Nov 30, 2006
  5. "bas" <> wrote in message
    > I have developed my own version of command.com using a C program which
    > interprets commands. And I converted into com file and replaced into a
    > bootable floppy disk instead of original commnad.com. Now, I would like
    > my version of command.com to be executed, when I start from floppy. But
    > it doesnt recognize my command.com and shows "invalid boot disk".
    > How I can resolve this ?
    > Thanks in advance...

    Fix the problem with the bootstrap.

    If it wasn't recognizing your version of COMMAND.COM, you'd be getting

    BAD OR INVALID COMMAND INTERPRETER

    not

    INVALID BOOT DISK

    You get the latter because there's no boot blocks with valid boot code on
    the diskette!

    I'll add - if you can't logically follow that from the error message, why
    are you trying to write a command interpreter? Your logical comprehension
    is somewhat ... at doubt.

    RwP
    Ralph Wade Phillips, Dec 1, 2006