    Your help please

    tia
    jd
    Jimmy Dean, May 12, 2005

  2. Jimmy Dean

    Swiss Tony Guest

    "Jimmy Dean" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > This has hijacked the View, Toolbars menu (all items greyed out except
    > Customize) and appears just below the IE address bar. It contains
    > unwanted gambling, adult, porn links among other things.
    >
    > SpyBot 1.3.1TX and Ad-Aware SE personal 1.05 both with latest updates
    > faild to remove, as did MS Windows Security updates for IE6.
    >
    > Am using WIN98SE.
    >
    > "Quick Search Toolbar" is such a generic term that Google finds seem
    > irrevelant - not to mention that Google itself has its own Quick
    > Search toolbar!
    >
    > Your help please
    >
    > tia
    > jd

    close Internet explorer
    open control panel
    click internet options
    in the box that pops up under the section "temporary internet files" click
    settings
    in the box that appears, click view objects
    check for the toolbar thats causing the problem in the folder that appears.
    also remove any entrys which say "Unknown" in the status column.

    you could also try downloading hijack this from here
    http://www.merijn.org/files/hijackthis.zip
    then post the log file to http://hijackthis.de/ and see what it recommends.
    you can also post it here and we shall take a look to.
    Swiss Tony, May 12, 2005

  3. Jimmy Dean

    °Mike° Guest

    Spyware.QuickSearch