    I got a message that I have a virus Troyan horse-downloader-realteas-B
    and it can not be removed. Is there a way to remove it? and how?
    My OS is Wind XP Pro. Thanks Fred
    Fred J, May 19, 2004

  2. Fred J

    Unk Guest

    On Tue, 18 May 2004 23:19:46 -0400, "Fred J" <> wrote:

    >I am using AVG anti virus when I scanned my computer
    >I got a message that I have a virus Troyan horse-downloader-realteas-B
    >and it can not be removed. Is there a way to remove it? and how?
    >My OS is Wind XP Pro. Thanks Fred

    Restart the computer in the Safe Mode, and run AVG from there.
    After the Power On Self Test (POST), press and hold the F8 key.

    Free online virus scanners
    http://housecall.antivirus.com/
    http://security.norton.com/default.asp?langid=us&venid=sym
    http://security2.norton.com/us/home.asp
    http://www.freedom.net/viruscenter/onlineviruscheck.html
    http://www.dials.ru/english/www_av/
    http://www.ravantivirus.com/scan/
    Unk, May 19, 2004

  3. Fred J

    Ionizer Guest

    "Fred J" <> wrote in message
    > I am using AVG anti virus when I scanned my computer
    > I got a message that I have a virus Troyan horse-downloader-realteas-B
    > and it can not be removed. Is there a way to remove it? and how?
    > My OS is Wind XP Pro. Thanks Fred

    Are you sure you spelled the name of the Trojan correctly?

    --
    Ian.
    Ionizer, May 19, 2004
  4. Fred J

    Boomer Guest

    "Fred J" <> wrote:

    > I am using AVG anti virus when I scanned my computer
    > I got a message that I have a virus Troyan
    > horse-downloader-realteas-B and it can not be removed. Is there a
    > way to remove it? and how? My OS is Wind XP Pro. Thanks Fred

    Hi

    What is the exact name of the trojan?

    Your shorter link is: http://makeashorterlink.com/?Z11D62658

    alt.comp.anti-virus

    --
    Google is your friend.
    Boomer, May 19, 2004
  5. Fred J

    °Mike° Guest

    Use an antivirus that actually works; AVG is useless.

    KAV (Kaspersky)
    http://www.kaspersky.com/

    eZ Antivirus (Computer Associates)

    Sophos
    http://www.sophos.com/products/sav/

    On Tue, 18 May 2004 23:19:46 -0400, in
    <qtAqc.98933$>
    Fred J scrawled:

    >I am using AVG anti virus when I scanned my computer
    >I got a message that I have a virus Troyan horse-downloader-realteas-B
    >and it can not be removed. Is there a way to remove it? and how?
    >My OS is Wind XP Pro. Thanks Fred

    --
    Basic computer maintenance
    °Mike°, May 19, 2004
  6. Fred J

    reid decker Guest

    Fortunately, with XP, you have System Restore. On the help menu, set a
    Restore Point back to a date before you had the virus. I have done this many
    times. It usually works.

    reid decker, May 24, 2004