    I am trying to remove the program Laplink Everywhere by using Add Remove
    Programs . It says that it has been successfully removed but it is still
    there and still operating . Any suggestions ? Win xp. pro

    Andy Petro, Jan 1, 2010

  2. Andy Petro

    Respondant Guest

    Evan Platt wrote:

    > On Fri, 1 Jan 2010 13:23:56 -0500, "Andy Petro"
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >> I am trying to remove the program Laplink Everywhere by using Add
    >> Remove Programs . It says that it has been successfully removed but
    >> it is still there and still operating . Any suggestions ? Win xp.
    >> pro

    > A few possibilities:
    >
    > You've had say version 2, then later installed version 3. The entry in
    > Add / Remove programs should then state "Laplink Everywhere v2" and
    > "Laplink Everywhere v3" or something similar. However sloppy
    > programmers may not design their software that way. So then when
    > upgrading, the old version isn't removed, and then when you go to
    > remove the 'new' version, you've actually removed the old version and
    > the new version remains.
    >
    > If you go to Start, Programs, and look in the LapLink group, is there
    > a "Uninstall" option? Use that.
    >
    > How was this program installed? Downloaded from the internet ? CD?
    >
    > Reinstall it - this should then hopefully ensure the entry is in the
    > Control Panel / Add Remove Programs. Then uninstall again.

    Failing that, I've had *some* luck with Ccleaner www.ccleaner.com finding
    and removing programs that don't appear in the Windows Add/Remove list.
    Might be worth a shot. Even if it doesn't do the job in this particular
    instance, it's still a nice little applicaton to have around.

    Bill

    Respondant, Jan 1, 2010

  3. Use this http://www.revouninstaller.com/

    your time.

    The Real Truth MVP, Jan 1, 2010
  4. Andy Petro

    Respondant Guest

    Meat Plow wrote:

    > On Fri, 1 Jan 2010 13:40:17 -0500, "Respondant"
    > <>wrote:
    >
    >> Evan Platt wrote:

    >>> A few possibilities:
    >>>
    >>> You've had say version 2, then later installed version 3. The entry
    >>> in Add / Remove programs should then state "Laplink Everywhere v2"
    >>> and "Laplink Everywhere v3" or something similar. However sloppy
    >>> programmers may not design their software that way. So then when
    >>> upgrading, the old version isn't removed, and then when you go to
    >>> remove the 'new' version, you've actually removed the old version
    >>> and the new version remains.
    >>>
    >>> If you go to Start, Programs, and look in the LapLink group, is
    >>> there a "Uninstall" option? Use that.
    >>>
    >>> How was this program installed? Downloaded from the internet ? CD?
    >>>
    >>> Reinstall it - this should then hopefully ensure the entry is in the
    >>> Control Panel / Add Remove Programs. Then uninstall again.

    >> Failing that, I've had *some* luck with Ccleaner www.ccleaner.com
    >> finding and removing programs that don't appear in the Windows
    >> Add/Remove list. Might be worth a shot. Even if it doesn't do the
    >> job in this particular instance, it's still a nice little applicaton
    >> to have around.
    >>
    >> Bill
    >>

    > The only problem with Crap Cleaner Billy is that it can delete more
    > than crap if you aren't careful.

    You'ld have to be pretty stupid to let it delete "more than crap" since it
    asks if "You're Sure" before it does anything while in Tools/Uninstall. I
    find it's pretty straight-forward and therefore more (noob) user friendly
    than Autoruns there, Meaty.

    Respondant, Jan 1, 2010
  5. Andy Petro

    Mr Pounder Guest

    "Meat Plow" <> wrote in message
    > On Fri, 1 Jan 2010 13:23:56 -0500, "Andy Petro"
    > <>wrote:
    >
    >>I am trying to remove the program Laplink Everywhere by using Add Remove
    >>Programs . It says that it has been successfully removed but it is still
    >>there and still operating . Any suggestions ? Win xp. pro
    >>

    > Download Autoruns from sysinternals.com and run it. Switch to Logon
    > tab and look for laplink reference. Uncheck the box next to it and the
    > next time you start XP it will be disabled. Once it's disabled check
    > in your Startup folder for the laplink executable and delete it.

    If I may as bold ?
    Do a search for the program and just delete it step by step.
    Worth a go surely.

    I tried, please don't shout at me if I am wrong.

    Mr Pounder

    Mr Pounder, Jan 1, 2010
  6. Andy Petro

    Mr Pounder Guest

    "Meat Plow" <> wrote in message
    > On Fri, 01 Jan 2010 19:34:59 GMT, "Mr Pounder"
    > <>wrote:
    >

    >>"Meat Plow" <> wrote in message

    >>> Download Autoruns from sysinternals.com and run it. Switch to Logon
    >>> tab and look for laplink reference. Uncheck the box next to it and the
    >>> next time you start XP it will be disabled. Once it's disabled check
    >>> in your Startup folder for the laplink executable and delete it.

    >>If I may as bold ?
    >>Do a search for the program and just delete it step by step.
    >>Worth a go surely.
    >>
    >>I tried, please don't shout at me if I am wrong.
    >>
    >>Mr Pounder

    > You can just disable it if you aren't hard up for disk space.

    Fair enough.
    You have not shouted at me.
    You always shout at me.
    Have I finally said something right?

    Mr Pounder

    Mr Pounder, Jan 1, 2010
  7. Andy Petro

    Dan C Guest

    On Fri, 01 Jan 2010 13:23:56 -0500, Andy Petro wrote:

    > I am trying to remove the program Laplink Everywhere by using Add
    > Remove Programs . It says that it has been successfully removed but it
    > is still there and still operating . Any suggestions ? Win xp. pro

    You'll need to format your hard drive to remove it.

    "Bother!" said Pooh, as he wiped the vomit from his chin.

    Dan C, Jan 1, 2010
  8. Andy Petro

    §nühw¤£f Guest

    Mr Pounder wrote:
    > "Meat Plow" <> wrote in message
    >> On Fri, 01 Jan 2010 19:34:59 GMT, "Mr Pounder"
    >> <>wrote:
    >>
    >>> "Meat Plow" <> wrote in message

    >>> If I may as bold ?
    >>> Do a search for the program and just delete it step by step.
    >>> Worth a go surely.
    >>>
    >>> I tried, please don't shout at me if I am wrong.
    >>>
    >>> Mr Pounder

    >> You can just disable it if you aren't hard up for disk space.

    > Fair enough.
    > You have not shouted at me.
    > You always shout at me.
    > Have I finally said something right?
    >
    > Mr Pounder

    SPEAKE UP MAYTE,I **** HEAR YE! I HAVE AN EAR INFUCTION!

    and its pissing me off...

    ^_^

    --
    http://www.commondreams.org/headline/2009/12/22-10

    §nühw¤£f, Jan 1, 2010
  9. Andy Petro

    Respondant Guest

    Meat Plow wrote:
    > On Fri, 1 Jan 2010 13:59:20 -0500, "Respondant"
    > <>wrote:
    >
    >> Meat Plow wrote:

    >>> The only problem with Crap Cleaner Billy is that it can delete more
    >>> than crap if you aren't careful.

    >> You'ld have to be pretty stupid to let it delete "more than crap"
    >> since it asks if "You're Sure" before it does anything while in
    >> Tools/Uninstall. I find it's pretty straight-forward and therefore
    >> more (noob) user friendly than Autoruns there, Meaty.
    >>

    > Ah but Billy,

    Can you just not stop being a condescending asshole, or are you posting this
    shit because your buddy K-man suddenly reappeared and yer trying to look
    like a cool-kid again?

    > Crap Cleaner deletes stuff

    Ccleaner deletes NOTHING you don't allow it to delete AFTER it asks for
    confirmation.

    > and yer pretty well fucked if
    > you don't know what you are doing as in n00b.

    Not really my problem is it, since I'm not a noob.

    > If you weren't a n00b
    > you wouldn't be using it. And Crap Cleaner can't always parse the
    > difference between crap and vital system files leaving the choice up
    > to the user.

    DO'H!

    > Autoruns can be dangerous if you uncheck the explorer.exe
    > shell. But in this case I being an experience Autoruns user and
    > systems admin have advised Andy Petro of a safer solution.

    Seems like an admission that Autoruns is just as (possibly more) dangerous
    in the hands of noobs than Ccleaner. No, Meaty?

    Bill

    Respondant, Jan 2, 2010
  10. Andy Petro

    Mr Pounder Guest

    "§nühw¤£f" <> wrote in message
    > Mr Pounder wrote:
    >> "Meat Plow" <> wrote in message

    >>> You can just disable it if you aren't hard up for disk space.

    >> Fair enough.
    >> You have not shouted at me.
    >> You always shout at me.
    >> Have I finally said something right?
    >>
    >> Mr Pounder

    > SPEAKE UP MAYTE,I **** HEAR YE! I HAVE AN EAR INFUCTION!
    >
    > and its pissing me off...
    >
    > ^_^

    Pardon?

    Mr Pounder

    Mr Pounder, Jan 2, 2010
  11. Andy Petro

    Mr Pounder Guest

    "Meat Plow" <> wrote in message
    > On Fri, 01 Jan 2010 21:07:05 GMT, "Mr Pounder"
    > <>wrote:
    >

    >>"Meat Plow" <> wrote in message

    >>> You can just disable it if you aren't hard up for disk space.

    >>Fair enough.
    >>You have not shouted at me.
    >>You always shout at me.
    >>Have I finally said something right?

    > Can't shout in a text format.

    :)

    Okay, you are a computer person.
    Can you tell me why when I reply to an email the text suddenly shoots up the
    screen?
    This is a rare occurrence, but I seem to be alone with this problem. Google
    dunno.
    Using OE until I go Windows 7.

    Thanks

    Mr Pounder

    Mr Pounder, Jan 2, 2010
  12. Andy Petro

    §nühw¤£f Guest

    Meat Plow wrote:
    > On Fri, 01 Jan 2010 21:07:05 GMT, "Mr Pounder"
    > <>wrote:
    >
    >> "Meat Plow" <> wrote in message

    >>> You can just disable it if you aren't hard up for disk space.

    >> Fair enough.
    >> You have not shouted at me.
    >> You always shout at me.
    >> Have I finally said something right?

    > Can't shout in a text format.

    THEN YOU'RE NOT TRYING VERY HARD!

    ^_^

    --
    http://www.commondreams.org/headline/2009/12/22-10

    §nühw¤£f, Jan 2, 2010
  13. Andy Petro

    Mr Pounder Guest

    "§nühw¤£f" <> wrote in message
    > Meat Plow wrote:
    >> On Fri, 01 Jan 2010 21:07:05 GMT, "Mr Pounder"
    >> <>wrote:
    >>
    >>> "Meat Plow" <> wrote in message

    >>> Fair enough.
    >>> You have not shouted at me.
    >>> You always shout at me.
    >>> Have I finally said something right?

    >> Can't shout in a text format.

    > THEN YOU'RE NOT TRYING VERY HARD!

    Pardon?

    Did I have a "reasonable" answer to the OP?

    Mr Pounder

    Mr Pounder, Jan 2, 2010
  14. Andy Petro

    §nühw¤£f Guest

    Mr Pounder wrote:
    > "§nühw¤£f" <> wrote in message
    >> Meat Plow wrote:

    >>> Can't shout in a text format.

    >> THEN YOU'RE NOT TRYING VERY HARD!

    > Pardon?
    >
    > Did I have a "reasonable" answer to the OP?

    Reasonable people really piss me off...

    --
    http://www.commondreams.org/headline/2009/12/22-10

    §nühw¤£f, Jan 2, 2010
  15. Andy Petro

    Buffalo Guest

    [snip]

    Buffalo, Jan 2, 2010
  16. Andy Petro

    §nühw¤£f Guest

    Buffalo wrote:
    > §nühw¤£f wrote:
    > [snip]
    >>> Pardon?
    >>>
    >>> Did I have a "reasonable" answer to the OP?
    >>>

    >> Reasonable people really piss me off...

    > :)

    This Joe Miller joke book is really paying off.

    --
    http://www.commondreams.org/headline/2009/12/22-10

    §nühw¤£f, Jan 3, 2010
  17. On 1/2/2010 6:47 AM nobody > expressed the following: -
    > Andy Petro wrote:
    >> I am trying to remove the program Laplink Everywhere by using Add
    >> Remove Programs . It says that it has been successfully removed but it
    >> is still there and still operating . Any suggestions ? Win xp. pro
    >>

    > Revo
    >
    > http://www.revouninstaller.com/

    +1

    ....wonder why every thread is like sooo long before someone actually
    answer's OP's questions. guess the reason, i am careful with my posting
    is because aioe has only 25 posts a day limit... :)

    --
    Diabolic Preacher
    As Is

    Diabolic Preacher, Jan 4, 2010
  18. Andy Petro

    Mr Pounder Guest

    "Meat Plow" <> wrote in message
    > On Sat, 02 Jan 2010 14:26:51 GMT, "Mr Pounder"
    > <>wrote:
    >

    >>"Meat Plow" <> wrote in message

    >>> Can't shout in a text format.

    >>:)
    >>
    >>Okay, you are a computer person.
    >>Can you tell me why when I reply to an email the text suddenly shoots up
    >>the
    >>screen?
    >>This is a rare occurrence, but I seem to be alone with this problem.
    >>Google
    >>dunno.
    >>Using OE until I go Windows 7.
    >>
    >>Thanks
    >>
    >>Mr Pounder
    >>

    > Shoots up the screen? Hmmm do you mean enlarges or scrolls upwards?
    > May be HTML related and not following the formatting of the sender.
    > Need a better description.

    Scrolls upward.
    Weird.

    Mr Pounder