    Xp sp2
    Full Norton package is just about out of date,how can I remove tried add and
    remove and it will not let me?

    Barry M, Apr 30, 2005

  2. Barry M

    Unk Guest

    On Sat, 30 Apr 2005 08:08:52 +0100, "Barry M" <> wrote:

    >Xp sp2
    >Full Norton package is just about out of date,how can I remove tried add and
    >remove and it will not let me?

    Start in the Safe Mode (Press F8 during boot) and than try the Control Panel's "Add/Remove
    Programs" applet to uninstall Norton System Works.

    To remove all the garbage it left behind:

    Download Norton's Symclean & RNAV to remove all of Norton's components:
    ftp://ftp.symantec.com/public/english_us_canada/products/norton_systemworks/ver5.0/tools/SYMCLN.EXE

    Rnav for NAV 2003 and earlier:
    ftp://ftp.symantec.com/misc/consumer/Rnav2003.exe

    How to uninstall Norton AntiVirus by using the Rnav2003.exe
    http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT/nav.nsf/docid/2001092114452606

    How to uninstall Norton AntiVirus 2000/2001/2002
    http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT/nav.nsf/docid/2001061911223206

    How to uninstall Norton SystemWorks manually.
    http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT/nsw.nsf/docid/2001100212100807

    http://www.symantec.com/search/

    Run 1st: symclean
    Run 2nd: RNAV

    Also do a computer search and remove any folder that contains
    "Catalog.LiveSubscribe"

    If you have Norton Internet Security (NIS) installed, also search
    for the "Rnis removal utility"
    ftp://ftp.symantec.com/public/english_us_canada/linked_files/nis/RnisUPG.exe

    Run regedit, and clean 2 entries:
    1. HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Symantec
    2. HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Symantec

    Delete folders:
    C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared
    C:\Program Files\Symantec
    C:\Windows\Application Data\Symantec
    C:\Windows\All Users\Application Data\Symantec\

    Unk, Apr 30, 2005

  3. Barry M

    Barry M Guest

    Thanks Unk

    Barry M, Apr 30, 2005
  4. Barry M

    Plato Guest

    Barry M wrote:

    > Xp sp2
    > Full Norton package is just about out of date,how can I remove tried add and
    > remove and it will not let me?

    If add/remove doesn't work, symantec makes special uninstall utilites
    for older versions of nortons.

    http://www.bootdisk.com/helpdesk.htm

    Plato, May 1, 2005
  5. Barry M