    Regards,
    David

    Please reply to News Group

    David, Feb 5, 2008

  2. David

    Desk Rabbit Guest

    David wrote:
    > A while back did a recovery on my PC with XP system. Got the new clean
    > system back with the old seperate called "My Old Disk Structure". Now
    > the new is working well, how do I get rid of this old stuff?
    > I see this Old stuff when I click Start and Explore.

    Google My Old Disk Structure

    Results 1 - 10 of about 200,000 for My Old Disk Structure. (0.07 seconds)

    Desk Rabbit, Feb 5, 2008

  3. David

    David Guest

    "Desk Rabbit" <> wrote in message
    > David wrote:
    >> A while back did a recovery on my PC with XP system. Got the new clean
    >> system back with the old seperate called "My Old Disk Structure". Now
    >> the new is working well, how do I get rid of this old stuff?
    >> I see this Old stuff when I click Start and Explore.
    >>

    > Google My Old Disk Structure
    >
    > Results 1 - 10 of about 200,000 for My Old Disk Structure. (0.07 seconds)

    People asking there not seem to get answers.
    If they did I not understanding them.
    Regards,
    David

    Please reply to News Group

    David, Feb 5, 2008
  4. David

    Guest

    "David" <> wrote:

    >A while back did a recovery on my PC with XP system. Got the new clean
    >system back with the old seperate called "My Old Disk Structure". Now the
    >new is working well, how do I get rid of this old stuff?
    >I see this Old stuff when I click Start and Explore.

    Rename "My Old Disk Structure" to something else, if nothing complains
    - delete it.
    --

    Oldie but a goodie
    www.youtube.com/watch?v=uNdFQF0LMu0

    , Feb 5, 2008
  5. David

    why? Guest

    On Tue, 05 Feb 2008 14:37:27 GMT, David wrote:

    >"Desk Rabbit" <> wrote in message
    >> David wrote:
    >>> A while back did a recovery on my PC with XP system. Got the new clean
    >>> system back with the old seperate called "My Old Disk Structure". Now
    >>> the new is working well, how do I get rid of this old stuff?
    >>> I see this Old stuff when I click Start and Explore.
    >>>

    >> Google My Old Disk Structure
    >>
    >> Results 1 - 10 of about 200,000 for My Old Disk Structure. (0.07 seconds)

    >People asking there not seem to get answers.

    It's generally a problem with the questions.

    >If they did I not understanding them.

    Then post a URL to a site, say where you didn't understand the notes.
    Guessing what you didn't understand is a bit difficult.

    The recovery would have been a recovery CD supplied with the PC.
    Wouldn't perhaps matter too mentioning name, like Dell / Advent / Acer
    or somone else. This may be in case someone reading your post knew about
    anything special with a particular recovery.

    Then 'old seperate' refers to a folder name.

    Got the Windows Explorer bit, you mentioned Start / Explore, which is
    close enough.

    If you don't need any files from 'My Old Disk Structure' you could
    delete it, do a backup then delete it, ignore until you need the disk
    space back.

    Keep it until you are sure you don't need any files or settings from
    there.

    >Regards,
    >David
    >
    >Please reply to News Group

    Me

    why?, Feb 5, 2008
  6. David

    David Guest

    <> wrote in message
    > "David" <> wrote:
    >
    >>A while back did a recovery on my PC with XP system. Got the new clean
    >>system back with the old seperate called "My Old Disk Structure". Now the
    >>new is working well, how do I get rid of this old stuff?
    >>I see this Old stuff when I click Start and Explore.

    > Rename "My Old Disk Structure" to something else, if nothing complains
    > - delete it.
    > --

    Will do but this still leaves me with how do I delete it?
    I try now and it fails.

    --
    Regards,
    David

    Please reply to News Group

    David, Feb 5, 2008
  7. David

    David Guest

    "why?" <fgrirp*sgc@VAINY!Qznq.fpvragvfg.pbz> wrote in message news.

    > The recovery would have been a recovery CD supplied with the PC.
    > Wouldn't perhaps matter too mentioning name, like Dell / Advent / Acer
    > or somone else. This may be in case someone reading your post knew about
    > anything special with a particular recovery.
    >
    > Then 'old seperate' refers to a folder name.
    >
    > Got the Windows Explorer bit, you mentioned Start / Explore, which is
    > close enough.
    >
    > If you don't need any files from 'My Old Disk Structure' you could
    > delete it, do a backup then delete it, ignore until you need the disk
    > space back.
    >
    > Keep it until you are sure you don't need any files or settings from
    > there.

    The PC did not come with orginal discs, thought they did not do that these
    days but as supplied from factory held on Pc.

    Recovery was done pressing F10 several times at start up, and then you given
    choose of 3 recovery ways. A non destructive recovery, a recovery which
    returns pc to as supplied and this third one which returns it to as supplied
    but programmes/data that have been put in are in this My Old Disk Structure.
    Ok most of this gone but bits are remaining.

    They start to delete and transfering to Recycle Bin can be seen to start
    then it stops.

    --
    Regards,
    David

    Please reply to News Group

    David, Feb 5, 2008
  8. David

    Guest

    "David" <> wrote:

    ><> wrote in message
    >> "David" <> wrote:
    >>
    >>>A while back did a recovery on my PC with XP system. Got the new clean
    >>>system back with the old seperate called "My Old Disk Structure". Now the
    >>>new is working well, how do I get rid of this old stuff?
    >>>I see this Old stuff when I click Start and Explore.

    >> Rename "My Old Disk Structure" to something else, if nothing complains
    >> - delete it.

    >Will do but this still leaves me with how do I delete it?
    >I try now and it fails.

    When your really ready to remove it, use Killbox
    http://killbox.net/ - you would introduce it to the directory and it
    will delete it on the next bootup.
    http://killbox.net/help.html
    --

    Oldie but a goodie
    www.youtube.com/watch?v=uNdFQF0LMu0

    , Feb 5, 2008
  9. David

    Desk Rabbit Guest

    David wrote:

    > "why?" <fgrirp*sgc@VAINY!Qznq.fpvragvfg.pbz> wrote in message news.
    >>
    >> The recovery would have been a recovery CD supplied with the PC.
    >> Wouldn't perhaps matter too mentioning name, like Dell / Advent / Acer
    >> or somone else. This may be in case someone reading your post knew about
    >> anything special with a particular recovery.
    >>
    >> Then 'old seperate' refers to a folder name.
    >>
    >> Got the Windows Explorer bit, you mentioned Start / Explore, which is
    >> close enough.
    >>
    >> If you don't need any files from 'My Old Disk Structure' you could
    >> delete it, do a backup then delete it, ignore until you need the disk
    >> space back.
    >>
    >> Keep it until you are sure you don't need any files or settings from
    >> there.
    >>

    > The PC did not come with orginal discs, thought they did not do that
    > these days but as supplied from factory held on Pc.
    >
    > Recovery was done pressing F10 several times at start up, and then you
    > given choose of 3 recovery ways. A non destructive recovery, a recovery
    > which returns pc to as supplied and this third one which returns it to
    > as supplied but programmes/data that have been put in are in this My Old
    > Disk Structure. Ok most of this gone but bits are remaining.

    OK, that is excellent and detailed information. So it is a recovery
    method provided by the manufacturer of your computer and you ran it and
    it produced this folder you are enquiring about. Now, to make sure I
    don't go over the same ground, what did the manufacturer say about this
    problem when you spoke to them?

    Desk Rabbit, Feb 6, 2008
  10. David

    what did the manufacturer say about this
    > problem when you spoke to them?

    Not spoken to them, do not think I can now anyway.
    Got the F10 info from manual which is the basic I quoted. Think it said PC
    Angel for its recovery programme.

    --
    Regards,
    David

    Please reply to News Group

    David, Feb 6, 2008
  11. David

    Guest

    "David" <> wrote:

    >Not spoken to them, do not think I can now anyway.
    >Got the F10 info from manual which is the basic I quoted. Think it said PC
    >Angel for its recovery programme.

    I am guarded by PC angel on one OS.

    This gets weird, But my D:\ drive which is really C:\ drive holds the
    recovery data for the OS that is on C:\ drive but is really on D:\
    Drive.

    So, Recovery drive is C: and the OS is D:

    PC angel isn't for recovery, it's to keep you out of areas you don't
    need to be like D:\ drive - takes a bit of work to get rid of PC
    angel.
    --

    Seen the Hawaii Chair ?
    http://consumerist.com/352629/the-hawaii-chair-freaks-us-out

    , Feb 6, 2008
  12. David

    why? Guest

    On Tue, 05 Feb 2008 22:57:38 GMT, David wrote:

    >"why?" <fgrirp*sgc@VAINY!Qznq.fpvragvfg.pbz> wrote in message news.
    >>
    >> The recovery would have been a recovery CD supplied with the PC.
    >> Wouldn't perhaps matter too mentioning name, like Dell / Advent / Acer
    >> or somone else. This may be in case someone reading your post knew about
    >> anything special with a particular recovery.
    >>
    >> Then 'old seperate' refers to a folder name.

    <snip>

    >The PC did not come with orginal discs, thought they did not do that these
    >days but as supplied from factory held on Pc.
    >
    >Recovery was done pressing F10 several times at start up, and then you given
    >choose of 3 recovery ways. A non destructive recovery, a recovery which
    >returns pc to as supplied and this third one which returns it to as supplied
    >but programmes/data that have been put in are in this My Old Disk Structure.
    >Ok most of this gone but bits are remaining.
    >
    >They start to delete and transfering to Recycle Bin can be seen to start
    >then it stops.

    No messages then?

    As well as killbox,

    You could disable the recovery bin, then try the delete, renenable
    recovery bin after.

    If it's a permissions issue, XP file ownership
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/308421
    how to take ownership.

    Me

    why?, Feb 6, 2008
  13. David

    Desk Rabbit Guest

    David wrote:

    > "Desk Rabbit" <> wrote in message
    >
    > what did the manufacturer say about this
    >> problem when you spoke to them?

    > Not spoken to them, do not think I can now anyway.
    > Got the F10 info from manual which is the basic I quoted. Think it
    > said PC Angel for its recovery programme.

    Sorry, its all too vague and I've run out of patience.

    Have fun.

    Desk Rabbit, Feb 7, 2008