How to remove "Microsoft point to point adapter" ?

Discussion in 'Windows 64bit' started by Skybuck Flying, Aug 9, 2009.

  1. Hello,

    I "accidently" installed "Microsoft point to point adapter"...

    I am not sure what this is... maybe some kind of tunneling thingy... I
    thought like I am gonna try it out...

    But it doesn't show up in any windows controls ?

    It only shows up in some kind of test program.

    I think it might be intefering with other drivers/settings... so the big
    question is:

    1. How do I remove "Microsoft point to point adapter" ?

    and optionally:

    2. Is it part of the default system or not ? (Can I safely remove it ?) (If
    it's not part of default system then I think it would be safe...)

    (I think it's not part of the default system... I think I installed it...)

    Bye,
    Skybuck.

    Skybuck Flying, Aug 9, 2009

  2. Oh never mind the first question... and probably the second question ;) :)

    I figured it out already.

    I thought it must be the same way as I added it... via the "computer"
    "manage" trick.

    In device manager there is an option in the menu it's called:

    "Show hidden types".

    Then it shows up !

    And now I should be able to remove it... hopefully it helps getting another
    driver working.

    Bye,
    Skybuck.

    Skybuck Flying, Aug 9, 2009

  3. Ok,

    After removing it, netvmini still not working as it should ?

    Hmm.

    Bye,
    Skybuck.

    Skybuck Flying, Aug 9, 2009
  4. I also checked in other copy of windows 7...

    The point to point thing does not seem to be part of the default
    installation...

    So I think it's safe to remove after I added it ;)

    That's also a big drawback about hidden things ?!

    The user doesn't learn what's supposed to be there at the start !

    Bye,
    Skybuck.

    Skybuck Flying, Aug 9, 2009