    I am trying to accomplish. Any help in getting this to work for me (if
    it exists) would be greatly apprecaited. Thanks.
    J.P.

    Jean Poole, Jul 2, 2005

  2. Jean Poole

    Doug G Guest

    Jean Poole wrote:
    > Perhaps someone has an answer for me on this one. In IE, you have the
    > ability to delete entries in the history by simply pressing the Delete
    > key without deleting the entire history "file." For example, if I am
    > in Google and want to remove an entiry from Google's lookup box, in IE
    > I simply highlight the entry I want to delete and press the Delete key
    > to remove it. In Firefox, this does not work. Is there any plug-in,
    > extension or some other way that I can manage these items? I know I
    > can delete the entire history from the Tools area but this is not what
    > I am trying to accomplish. Any help in getting this to work for me (if
    > it exists) would be greatly apprecaited. Thanks.
    > J.P.

    Highlight the entry, then press Shift+Delete.

    Doug G, Jul 2, 2005

  3. Jean Poole

    Bunge Guest

    Jean Poole wrote:

    > Perhaps someone has an answer for me on this one. In IE, you have the
    > ability to delete entries in the history by simply pressing the Delete
    > key without deleting the entire history "file." For example, if I am
    > in Google and want to remove an entiry from Google's lookup box, in IE
    > I simply highlight the entry I want to delete and press the Delete key
    > to remove it. In Firefox, this does not work. Is there any plug-in,
    > extension or some other way that I can manage these items? I know I
    > can delete the entire history from the Tools area but this is not what
    > I am trying to accomplish. Any help in getting this to work for me (if
    > it exists) would be greatly apprecaited. Thanks.
    > J.P.

    Or try CCleaner < http://www.ccleaner.com/ >
    Very thorough IMHO

    HTH

    Bunge, Jul 2, 2005
  4. Jean Poole

    Z Guest

    Jean Poole wrote:
    > Perhaps someone has an answer for me on this one. In IE, you have the
    > ability to delete entries in the history by simply pressing the Delete
    > key without deleting the entire history "file." For example, if I am
    > in Google and want to remove an entiry from Google's lookup box, in IE
    > I simply highlight the entry I want to delete and press the Delete key
    > to remove it. In Firefox, this does not work. Is there any plug-in,

    In the URL (or any) pulldown list, highlight the item with the mouse,
    then SHIFT + DELETE.

    ^H or View > Sidebar > History, then right click on the link, Delete.

    Z, Jul 2, 2005
  5. Someone want to help me with that in Moz 1.7.8?

    poly-p amn

    =?iso-8859-1?B?/vOh/y3e9SH9IG1A8Q==?=, Jul 4, 2005
  6. Jean Poole

    Roland Guest

    On 4-7-2005 13:55, þó¡ÿ-Þõ!ý m@ñ wrote:

    > Someone want to help me with that in Moz 1.7.8?
    >
    > poly-p amn

    Open History window: Ctrl-H or menu Go -> History. In the History window
    it's probably more convenient if you select View -> Group By -> Site.
    Then you can easily delete entries of the wanted sites: select the site
    entry or expand the site entry and select individual entries.
    Right-click -> Delete, or press Delete key.

    [AFAIK, unlike Firefox, Mozilla doesn't allow you to use Shift-Delete in
    the addressbar dropdown.]
    --
    Regards,

    Roland de Ruiter