    The door won't open.
    How can i get the disc out ?
    There is no hole like my DVD on my PC.

    desgnr, Nov 19, 2007

  2. desgnr

    Guest

    Check your owners manual to see if there may be a way to reset it.If
    not,try unplugging the player from the outlet and that should reset the
    player.Hope that works.

    , Nov 19, 2007

  3. desgnr

    Tarkus Guest

    wrote:
    > Check your owners manual to see if there may be a way to reset it.If
    > not,try unplugging the player from the outlet and that should reset the
    > player.Hope that works.

    Yes, I too have Lite-On player/recorder hooked up to my TV, and that has
    helped me a few times when a disc wouldn't eject. Of course, I eject it
    right away upon powering up, not waiting for the player to try and read
    the disc again (which is usually the source of the lockup).

    Tarkus, Nov 19, 2007
  4. desgnr

    desgnr Guest

    I unplugged it for 1/2 hour & it still won't open.
    I hear a click so it is trying to open,BUT WON'T
    How can i get the disc out ?????????????

    desgnr, Nov 20, 2007
  5. desgnr

    Tarkus Guest

    desgnr wrote:
    > I unplugged it for 1/2 hour & it still won't open.
    > I hear a click so it is trying to open,BUT WON'T
    > How can i get the disc out ?????????????

    I assume you're hitting eject as soon as you power up?

    Sounds like you may have a mechanical problem, rather than a disc frozen
    while trying to be read (which has been my few experiences). Plug
    In/Eject has always worked for me.

    If it's under warranty, you could always let them deal with it. If it's
    out of warranty, it's probably not worth taking to a repair shop, so you
    could always open it up yourself. You may not be able to fix it, but at
    least you can get your disc back.

    Have you checked the manual to see if there might be a solution there?
    I know it's a long shot, but it couldn't hurt. It would be nice if they
    had the manual eject hole.

    Tarkus, Nov 20, 2007
  6. In article <pqh0j.5196$701.975@trndny08>, desgnr <> wrote:
    >I have a Lite on DVD player/recorder hooked up to my Sony tv.
    >The door won't open.
    >How can i get the disc out ?
    >There is no hole like my DVD on my PC.

    I once bought a used DVD and the seller had taped the DVD to the
    center post so it would not come loose and get scratched during
    shipping.

    The problem was that there was a slight amount of goo on the center
    of the DVD which I did not see.

    The disk would not eject as it was stuck to the clamp on top.

    That required taking the case apart, and then the disk was
    easy to get to.

    That's probably the worst case scenario. If you aren't handy with
    tools or are a bit nervous about doing this see if you have some
    techy friends that will do this for you.

    Bill

    --
    Bill Vermillion - bv @ wjv . com

    Bill Vermillion, Nov 22, 2007