How to remove/delete 24 hour support messages no longer available?

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Guest, Dec 2, 2003.

  1. Guest

    Guest Guest

    Guest, Dec 2, 2003

  2. Guest

    Patrick Guest

    wrote:

    As far as I know, they will dissapear when you exit and re-enter the group !

    Patrick, Dec 2, 2003

  3. Guest

    °Mike° Guest

    Please place your question here, in the body, not in the
    subject line.

    Right click on the group, choose 'Properties / Local File' tab.
    Press 'Reset'.

    On Tue, 2 Dec 2003 09:44:28 -0500, in
    <>
    <> scrawled:

    --
    Basic computer maintenance

    °Mike°, Dec 2, 2003
  4. Guest

    trout Guest

    <piggy-backed; as 'blank subject' posts don't appear on this server>

    °Mike° wrote:

    > Please place your question here, in the body, not in the
    > subject line.
    >
    > Right click on the group, choose 'Properties / Local File' tab.
    > Press 'Reset'.

    The only drawback to this is that all messages will be marked as
    "unread". I usually do a periodic, manual deletion of older messages.
    (To the OP): To do this; first "Group messages by conversation"
    should be *unchecked* (to avoid deleting new posts under old subject
    lines). Scroll down and select the date of the most recent post you wish
    to delete (I usually keep about three weeks-worth). Highlight that post,
    scroll to the bottom of the list, and click on the last (earliest) post
    while holding the "shift" key, to highlight the block of old posts, and
    then use the delete key.
    The group should be manually 'compacted', then. Right-click the
    folder > Properties > Local File > Compact.
    A little more elaborate than some people would bother with, but
    worth a mention now and then; for people that want to speed the process
    of getting in and out of the group.

    --
    "Excuse me, and thanks for the lift, °Mike°."

    trout, Dec 3, 2003