    Any suggestions?
    My OS is Wind XP Home
    Fred
    Fred J, Jun 2, 2004

  2. Fred J

    Ionizer Guest

    "Fred J" <> wrote in message
    news:r%bvc.194292$...
    > I had on my computer installed Norton Antivirus 2003 Pro. which recently
    > expired
    > I don't want to renew it but when I remove it from the Add/Remove in the
    > Contr.Panel it removes it, but after I can not connect any more to the
    > internet (using cable
    > connections), I have to go back with System Restore which will install

    it
    > again and then
    > the connection is fine. I wonder what is the reason that this is

    happening.
    > Any suggestions?
    > My OS is Wind XP Home
    > Fred

    This item in the Symantec Knowledge Base seems to address that problem:
    http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPOR...essional Edition&src=sg&pcode=nav&svy=&csm=no

    This is the shorter link to that same page: http://tinyurl.com/2t3wh

    You may want to do your own search at Symantec to see if any other
    solutions are offered:
    http://www.symantec.com/techsupp/nav/nav2003_pro_search_solve_install.html
    Symantec offers a removal tool to help with troublesome uninstalls of
    their software, for instance.

    Hope that helps,
    Ian.
    Ionizer, Jun 2, 2004

  3. Fred J

    Fred J Guest

    Thanks it is O.K. now Fred

    "Ionizer" <> wrote in message
    > "Fred J" <> wrote in message
    > > I had on my computer installed Norton Antivirus 2003 Pro. which recently
    > > expired
    > > I don't want to renew it but when I remove it from the Add/Remove in the
    > > Contr.Panel it removes it, but after I can not connect any more to the
    > > internet (using cable
    > > connections), I have to go back with System Restore which will install

    > it
    > > again and then
    > > the connection is fine. I wonder what is the reason that this is

    > happening.
    > > Any suggestions?
    > > My OS is Wind XP Home
    > > Fred

    > This item in the Symantec Knowledge Base seems to address that problem:

    http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT/nav.nsf/3353489cd5cd08c388256c0e005a96e
    4/751c3298ab99cf7188256d34006702e2?OpenDocument&prod=Norton%20AntiVirus&ver=
    2003%20Professional%20Edition&src=sg&pcode=nav&svy=&csm=no

    Fred J, Jun 2, 2004
  4. Fred J

    DennisMitchell

    Joined:
    Mar 21, 2011
    Messages:
    1
    u try to uninstall it. go to the control panel, then add and remove programs... then, look for it and uninstall.

    if u want a trustable free antivirus, try avast free home edtion... ;D but still, it is better if you take ur pc to the computer shop and reformat it. then, install a new trustable antivirus, like bitdefender, or avast, or esetnod32... ^^

    Gamefly
    Last edited: Feb 10, 2012
    DennisMitchell, Mar 21, 2011