    How do I remove from Msconfig start up a program which I am not using any
    more?
    Fred
    Fred J, Oct 30, 2003

  2. Fred J

    °Mike° Guest

    Control Panel / Add\Remove Programs. Select the
    program for removal and press the 'Add\Remove'
    button.

    On Wed, 29 Oct 2003 19:17:38 -0500, in
    <A3Znb.6695$>
    Fred J scrawled:

    --
    Basic computer maintenance
    °Mike°, Oct 30, 2003

  3. Fred J

    Shep© Guest

    On Wed, 29 Oct 2003 19:17:38 -0500, Knowing that it was a Hollywood
    invention that lemmings jump off cliffs "Fred J"
    <> wrote :

    >How do I remove from Msconfig start up a program which I am not using any
    >more?
    >Fred

    You can use Mike Lin's free Startup Control Panel.
    http://www.geocities.com/sheppola/startup.html
    Much better than using msconfig for controlling boot loading programs
    IMHO.
    HTH :)

    --
    Free Windows/PC help,
    email shepATpartyheld.de
    Shep©, Oct 30, 2003
  4. Fred J

    chuckie® Guest

    I'm guessing that you want to remove it from the list?
    If so,
    regedit>HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE>Software>Microsoft>Windows
    there you will find Run-, these are the unchecked programs, delete the one(s) you don't want to see.
    Be careful! This is the registry, one wrong move and it's hello to reinstall...luck...

    chuckie®, Oct 30, 2003