    anyone done this themselves? Any experience tips you have to offer?

    As always, thank-you for your assistance past & present"

    Bay0Wulf
    Bay0Wulf, Sep 22, 2004

  2. Very simple.

    You need to plug in a tape player to your input on your sound card. Then you
    need a program like Audiograbber to "capture" the sound.

    Audiograbber will convert it into .WAV format, then you can use any number
    of programs (db Power Amp comes to mind) to convert it from WAV to MP3.

    Totally Serious, Sep 22, 2004

  3. Bay0Wulf

    Bay0Wulf Guest

    Wow ... it's really that simple? Sometimes I wonder that I would be the
    person to support anyone's computer or network.

    Thanks I have to climb under the desk now.

    Bay0Wulf

    "Totally Serious" <> wrote in
    message news:...

    Bay0Wulf, Sep 22, 2004
  4. In article <Fz44d.409671$>,
    Bay0Wulf says...

    > Wow ... it's really that simple? Sometimes I wonder that I would be the
    > person to support anyone's computer or network.

    Sometimes even simpler. I haven't tested this, yet, but MusicMatch Jukebox
    has a setting for recording; both format and input are selectable. MP3
    appears to be selectable with line-in. IOW, MMJB should let me connect the
    cassette player to the sound card line-in jack and record the MP3 directly
    to the HDD.

    --
    Norman
    ~Fin dein a loluca, En dragu a sei lain
    Norman Miller, Sep 22, 2004
  5. Bay0Wulf

    Ionizer Guest

    "Norman Miller" <> wrote in message
    > In article <Fz44d.409671$>,
    > Bay0Wulf says...
    >
    > > Wow ... it's really that simple? Sometimes I wonder that I would be

    the
    > > person to support anyone's computer or network.

    > Sometimes even simpler. I haven't tested this, yet, but MusicMatch

    Jukebox
    > has a setting for recording; both format and input are selectable. MP3
    > appears to be selectable with line-in. IOW, MMJB should let me connect

    the
    > cassette player to the sound card line-in jack and record the MP3

    directly
    > to the HDD.

    I've tested it- it's the way I do all my vinyl/cassette to HDD work:

    http://www.pcworld.com/howto/article/0,aid,17663,00.asp

    http://www.hitsquad.com/smm/news/1316/

    Regards,
    Ian.
    Ionizer, Sep 22, 2004
  6. Bay0Wulf

    Unk Guest

    On Wed, 22 Sep 2004 01:06:00 GMT, "Bay0Wulf" <>
    wrote:

    >I have alot of music from the past on cassettes. Plain old Maxell stuff.
    >What I would like to do is record these into my computer and then rip them
    >into mp3 format to put them into my library of music.
    >
    >I suppose I need some hardware but have no idea what to look for.
    >
    >Does anyone know of a website or other resource for this information? Has
    >anyone done this themselves? Any experience tips you have to offer?
    >
    >As always, thank-you for your assistance past & present"
    >
    >Bay0Wulf

    Connect the tape player to your sound card with a patch cord, then use
    "Audacity" to capture the music and convert it to mp3.

    Audacity sound editor - Freeware - http://audacity.sourceforge.net/
    Unk, Sep 22, 2004