    so what software do I need. I have a DVD drive and a CD burner. W98 SE.

    Thanks in advance,

    CJ

    CJ, Apr 12, 2004

  2. CJ

    Toolman Tim Guest

    "CJ" <> wrote in message
    news:c5ehn2$dsn$...
    > Hi,
    > I have a few concert DVD's and I would like if possible to just record
    > the audio to a CDR so I can play it in the car. Is this possible and if
    > so what software do I need. I have a DVD drive and a CD burner. W98 SE.
    >
    > Thanks in advance,
    >
    > CJ

    Since you need only the audio, you could record the audio to your hard
    drive, then burn it out to an audio CD. I use MusicMatch for that sort of
    thing, but most any audio software should do *IF* it allows you to record
    from the system mixer.

    When recording from the system mixer, turn down any inputs you don't want
    recorded (double click the speaker icon in the system tray).

    After it is recorded to the hard drive, you can burn it off to CD like any
    other music file.

    Toolman

    Toolman Tim, Apr 13, 2004

  3. CJ

    CJ Guest

    Thanks for that it's appreciated.

    CJ

    CJ, Apr 13, 2004
  4. CJ

    Toolman Tim Guest

    "CJ" <> wrote in message
    > Thanks for that it's appreciated.
    >
    > CJ

    Good luck - I've been quite succesful recording my old vinyl LPs with
    MusicMatch as well. It's nice to get my "oldies" on CD for use in the car
    :eek:)

    Toolman Tim, Apr 14, 2004
  5. CJ

    Boomer Guest

    "Toolman Tim" <> wrote in

    > "CJ" <> wrote in message
    >> Thanks for that it's appreciated.
    >>
    >> CJ

    > Good luck - I've been quite succesful recording my old vinyl LPs
    > with MusicMatch as well. It's nice to get my "oldies" on CD for
    > use in the car
    >:eek:)

    I've got to do the same! Gee's all my LP's and boxes of 45's....
    I'll be very, very busy!

    Boomer, Apr 14, 2004
  6. CJ

    Toolman Tim Guest

    "Boomer" <> wrote in message
    > "Toolman Tim" <> wrote in
    >

    > > "CJ" <> wrote in message
    > >> Thanks for that it's appreciated.
    > >>
    > >> CJ

    > > Good luck - I've been quite succesful recording my old vinyl LPs
    > > with MusicMatch as well. It's nice to get my "oldies" on CD for
    > > use in the car
    > >:eek:)

    > I've got to do the same! Gee's all my LP's and boxes of 45's....
    > I'll be very, very busy!

    I imagine! I have only a couple of dozen left that I really want to do. But
    my stereo system blew up and I failed to notice when I replaced the receiver
    that it didn't have a phono input. So next payday it's off to the store for
    a pre-amp. In the meantime, I'm playing with the new digital camera instead.
    Boy, I never have enough time for all my toys <g>

    T.T.

    Toolman Tim, Apr 14, 2004
  7. CJ

    Boomer Guest

    "Toolman Tim" <> wrote in

    > "Boomer" <> wrote in message
    >> "Toolman Tim" <> wrote in
    >>

    >> > "CJ" <> wrote in message

    >> > Good luck - I've been quite succesful recording my old vinyl
    >> > LPs with MusicMatch as well. It's nice to get my "oldies" on CD
    >> > for use in the car
    >> >:eek:)

    >> I've got to do the same! Gee's all my LP's and boxes of 45's....
    >> I'll be very, very busy!
    >>

    > I imagine! I have only a couple of dozen left that I really want
    > to do. But my stereo system blew up and I failed to notice when I
    > replaced the receiver that it didn't have a phono input. So next
    > payday it's off to the store for a pre-amp. In the meantime, I'm
    > playing with the new digital camera instead. Boy, I never have
    > enough time for all my toys <g>
    >
    > T.T.

    So much fun... yet so *very* time consuming! What camera did you buy?

    Boomer, Apr 14, 2004
  8. CJ

    Toolman Tim Guest

    "Boomer" <> wrote in message
    > "Toolman Tim" <> wrote in
    >

    > > "Boomer" <> wrote in message
    > >> "Toolman Tim" <> wrote in

    > >> I've got to do the same! Gee's all my LP's and boxes of 45's....
    > >> I'll be very, very busy!
    > >>

    > > I imagine! I have only a couple of dozen left that I really want
    > > to do. But my stereo system blew up and I failed to notice when I
    > > replaced the receiver that it didn't have a phono input. So next
    > > payday it's off to the store for a pre-amp. In the meantime, I'm
    > > playing with the new digital camera instead. Boy, I never have
    > > enough time for all my toys <g>
    > >
    > > T.T.

    > So much fun... yet so *very* time consuming! What camera did you buy?

    It's the Minolta Dimage S414. I was warned it would suck the life out of the
    batteries, but I had NO idea! Other than that, it seems to be more than
    adequate for me - 4.0 megapixels, and I can even do TIFF storage for my
    closeups. No artifacting from JPG...and of course I can convert later if I
    need to. (I really wanted the Canon EOS with interchangable lenses, but that
    costs more than my CAR did <g>)

    Toolman Tim, Apr 14, 2004
  9. CJ

    Boomer Guest

    "Toolman Tim" <> wrote in

    > "Boomer" <> wrote in message
    >> "Toolman Tim" <> wrote in

    [snip]
    >> > I imagine! I have only a couple of dozen left that I really
    >> > want to do. But my stereo system blew up and I failed to notice
    >> > when I replaced the receiver that it didn't have a phono input.
    >> > So next payday it's off to the store for a pre-amp. In the
    >> > meantime, I'm playing with the new digital camera instead. Boy,
    >> > I never have enough time for all my toys <g>
    >> >
    >> > T.T.

    >> So much fun... yet so *very* time consuming! What camera did you
    >> buy?
    >>

    > It's the Minolta Dimage S414.

    <Drool!> Lucky you!

    > I was warned it would suck the life
    > out of the batteries, but I had NO idea!

    I hope you have purchased lots of rechargeables! Well worth the price!

    > Other than that, it seems
    > to be more than adequate for me - 4.0 megapixels, and I can even
    > do TIFF storage for my closeups. No artifacting from JPG...and of
    > course I can convert later if I need to.

    <More drool>

    > (I really wanted the
    > Canon EOS with interchangable lenses, but that costs more than my
    > CAR did <g>)

    That one is in my dreams! Just have to wait a year or two...
    or three or four...

    If you get some nice shots do you have a place to put them so others
    can see?

    I'm so envious! I'm happy for you!
    Lucky, lucky you! Enjoy! :)

    Boomer, Apr 14, 2004
  10. CJ

    Toolman Tim Guest

    "Boomer" <> wrote in message
    > "Toolman Tim" <> wrote in
    >

    > > "Boomer" <> wrote in message
    > >> "Toolman Tim" <> wrote in

    > [snip]

    > >> So much fun... yet so *very* time consuming! What camera did you
    > >> buy?
    > >>

    > > It's the Minolta Dimage S414.

    > <Drool!> Lucky you!
    >
    > > I was warned it would suck the life
    > > out of the batteries, but I had NO idea!

    > I hope you have purchased lots of rechargeables! Well worth the price!
    >
    > > Other than that, it seems
    > > to be more than adequate for me - 4.0 megapixels, and I can even
    > > do TIFF storage for my closeups. No artifacting from JPG...and of
    > > course I can convert later if I need to.

    > <More drool>
    >
    > > (I really wanted the
    > > Canon EOS with interchangable lenses, but that costs more than my
    > > CAR did <g>)

    > That one is in my dreams! Just have to wait a year or two...
    > or three or four...
    >
    > If you get some nice shots do you have a place to put them so others
    > can see?
    >
    > I'm so envious! I'm happy for you!
    > Lucky, lucky you! Enjoy! :)

    Yep - two sets of NiMH batteries...but I want one more. Most of what I use
    this for is work related (dumping a bunch of discontinued stuff on eBay) or
    pics of the dogs. I really haven't got anyplace set up for posting pics,
    since my personal website is at Geocities...rather limited in space. But
    maybe someday I'll set something up from scratch.

    Toolman Tim, Apr 14, 2004
  11. CJ

    Boomer Guest

    "Toolman Tim" <> wrote in

    > "Boomer" <> wrote in message
    >> "Toolman Tim" <> wrote in
    >>

    >> > "Boomer" <> wrote in message

    >> [snip]

    >> > It's the Minolta Dimage S414.

    >> <Drool!> Lucky you!
    >>
    >> > I was warned it would suck the life
    >> > out of the batteries, but I had NO idea!

    >> I hope you have purchased lots of rechargeables! Well worth the
    >> price!
    >>
    >> > Other than that, it seems
    >> > to be more than adequate for me - 4.0 megapixels, and I can
    >> > even do TIFF storage for my closeups. No artifacting from
    >> > JPG...and of course I can convert later if I need to.

    >> <More drool>
    >>
    >> > (I really wanted the
    >> > Canon EOS with interchangable lenses, but that costs more than
    >> > my CAR did <g>)

    >> That one is in my dreams! Just have to wait a year or two...
    >> or three or four...
    >>
    >> If you get some nice shots do you have a place to put them so
    >> others can see?
    >>
    >> I'm so envious! I'm happy for you!
    >> Lucky, lucky you! Enjoy! :)

    > Yep - two sets of NiMH batteries...

    Only two? ;) I have four! lol (The girl scout in me.)

    > but I want one more. Most of
    > what I use this for is work related (dumping a bunch of
    > discontinued stuff on eBay) or pics of the dogs. I really haven't
    > got anyplace set up for posting pics, since my personal website is
    > at Geocities...rather limited in space. But maybe someday I'll set
    > something up from scratch.

    A 'puppy' page would be nice. :)

    Boomer, Apr 14, 2004
  12. CJ

    Toolman Tim Guest

    "Boomer" <> wrote in message
    > "Toolman Tim" <> wrote in
    >

    > > "Boomer" <> wrote in message
    > >> "Toolman Tim" <> wrote in

    > >> [snip]

    > >> <Drool!> Lucky you!

    > >> I hope you have purchased lots of rechargeables! Well worth the
    > >> price!

    > >> <More drool>

    > >> That one is in my dreams! Just have to wait a year or two...
    > >> or three or four...
    > >>
    > >> If you get some nice shots do you have a place to put them so
    > >> others can see?
    > >>
    > >> I'm so envious! I'm happy for you!
    > >> Lucky, lucky you! Enjoy! :)

    > > Yep - two sets of NiMH batteries...

    > Only two? ;) I have four! lol (The girl scout in me.)
    >
    > > but I want one more. Most of
    > > what I use this for is work related (dumping a bunch of
    > > discontinued stuff on eBay) or pics of the dogs. I really haven't
    > > got anyplace set up for posting pics, since my personal website is
    > > at Geocities...rather limited in space. But maybe someday I'll set
    > > something up from scratch.

    > A 'puppy' page would be nice. :)

    The "puppy page" would be www.tmayer.us but I haven't updated it in a year
    or so - like I said, too many toys, too little time <g>

    Toolman Tim, Apr 14, 2004
  13. CJ

    Boomer Guest

    "Toolman Tim" <> wrote in

    > "Boomer" <> wrote in message

    [snip]

    >> A 'puppy' page would be nice. :)

    > The "puppy page" would be www.tmayer.us but I haven't updated it
    > in a year or so - like I said, too many toys, too little time <g>

    Very nice, Tim! I really enjoyed reading the pages and seeing your
    'puppies'. Beezer touched my heart.

    Boomer, Apr 14, 2004
  14. CJ

    Toolman Tim Guest

    "Boomer" <> wrote in message
    > "Toolman Tim" <> wrote in
    >

    > > "Boomer" <> wrote in message

    > [snip]
    > >>
    > >> A 'puppy' page would be nice. :)

    > > The "puppy page" would be www.tmayer.us but I haven't updated it
    > > in a year or so - like I said, too many toys, too little time <g>

    > Very nice, Tim! I really enjoyed reading the pages and seeing your
    > 'puppies'. Beezer touched my heart.

    He was one of my alltime favorite dogs...but I never understood the name
    <g>. Someone suggested it was a derivative of Beasley. Dunno...

    Toolman Tim, Apr 15, 2004
  15. CJ

    Boomer Guest

    "Toolman Tim" <> wrote in

    > "Boomer" <> wrote in message
    >> "Toolman Tim" <> wrote in
    >>

    >> > "Boomer" <> wrote in message

    >> [snip]

    >> > The "puppy page" would be www.tmayer.us but I haven't updated
    >> > it in a year or so - like I said, too many toys, too little
    >> > time <g>

    >> Very nice, Tim! I really enjoyed reading the pages and seeing
    >> your 'puppies'. Beezer touched my heart.

    > He was one of my alltime favorite dogs...but I never understood
    > the name <g>. Someone suggested it was a derivative of Beasley.
    > Dunno...

    Ping me when <wink> you update the site. :)

    And thanks.

    Boomer, Apr 15, 2004
  16. CJ

    slumpy Guest

    ....and with no more than a cursory glance at the dead camel Boomer decided
    it was time to put the World to rights with this little gem:

    > "Toolman Tim" <> wrote in
    >

    >> "CJ" <> wrote in message
    >>> Thanks for that it's appreciated.
    >>>
    >>> CJ

    >> Good luck - I've been quite succesful recording my old vinyl LPs
    >> with MusicMatch as well. It's nice to get my "oldies" on CD for
    >> use in the car
    >>> o)

    > I've got to do the same! Gee's all my LP's and boxes of 45's....
    > I'll be very, very busy!

    Partridge Family, Osmonds, Journey....
    --
    slumpy
    no more

    slumpy, Apr 16, 2004
  17. CJ

    Toolman Tim Guest

    "slumpy" <> wrote in message
    > ...and with no more than a cursory glance at the dead camel Boomer decided
    > it was time to put the World to rights with this little gem:
    >
    > > "Toolman Tim" <> wrote in
    > >

    > >> "CJ" <> wrote in message

    > >> Good luck - I've been quite succesful recording my old vinyl LPs
    > >> with MusicMatch as well. It's nice to get my "oldies" on CD for
    > >> use in the car

    > > I've got to do the same! Gee's all my LP's and boxes of 45's....
    > > I'll be very, very busy!

    > Partridge Family, Osmonds, Journey....

    Yep - CLASSICS <g>

    Toolman Tim, Apr 16, 2004
  18. CJ

    Boomer Guest

    "slumpy" <> wrote in

    > ...and with no more than a cursory glance at the dead camel Boomer

    [snip]
    >> I've got to do the same! Gee's all my LP's and boxes of 45's....
    >> I'll be very, very busy!

    > Partridge Family, Osmonds, Journey....

    No, no and yes. :)

    Boomer, Apr 17, 2004
  19. CJ

    slumpy Guest

    ....and with no more than a cursory glance at the dead camel Boomer decided
    it was time to put the World to rights with this little gem:

    > "slumpy" <> wrote in
    >
    >> ...and with no more than a cursory glance at the dead camel Boomer

    > [snip]
    >>> I've got to do the same! Gee's all my LP's and boxes of 45's....
    >>> I'll be very, very busy!

    >> Partridge Family, Osmonds, Journey....

    > No, no and yes. :)

    Oh No !!

    The blandest of the bland, American MOR Waaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhh!!!!
    --
    slumpy
    no more

    slumpy, Apr 17, 2004