    I know that I will have to set up my laptop + WLAN card in ad-hoc mode in
    order to receive data from the microntroller + WLAN. Any help will be
    appreciated.

    =?Utf-8?B?S2V0YW4u?=, May 2, 2005

  2. You might be able to find code on the internet somewhere - either in drivers
    themselves or open software for windows that interacts with wireless drivers
    (I think there might be open source sniffer packages, for example).

    To my knowledge, there is not an easy public windows API do what you are
    suggesting.

    However, generally speaking, you can talk to drivers using IOCTL calls from
    most user-mode apps. See
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/devio/base/deviceiocontrol.asp

    More wireless driver info can be found here:

    http://www.microsoft.com/whdc/device/network/wireless/default.mspx

    --
    Standard Disclaimers -
    and confers no rights. Please do not send e-mail directly

    Carl DaVault [MSFT], May 2, 2005