    the cabinet design.

    Also, there is limited space to consider as well.

    Thanks for any help

    P.Bojovic, Apr 13, 2004

  2. P.Bojovic

    Marc Russell Guest

    Remove the power supplies and cards and just install the chassis first.

    Marc Russell
    www.ccbootcamp.com (Cisco training)

    Marc Russell, Apr 13, 2004

  3. Program ended abnormally on 12/04/2004 20:57, Due to a catastrophic P.Bojovic error:
    > I have a Cisco 7609 Router that needs to be intall. I am unsure how
    > to install the device without hurting myself, others or the equipment.
    >
    > Are there any devices that are available to assist in the racking
    > process?
    > We thought of using a automobile jack, but cannot due to the lip in
    > the cabinet design.
    >
    > Also, there is limited space to consider as well.
    >
    > Thanks for any help

    The hardware installation guide explains how to install it.

    http://tinyurl.com/372sy

    From my experience with 75xx routers and Catalyst switches, it is best to
    remove the power supplies to reduce weight, as well as all the cards from the
    router chassis as you could potentially bend one of them - or worse, damage the
    backplane (been there, done that!).

    --
    Francois Labreque | The surest sign of the existence of extra-
    flabreque | terrestrial intelligence is that they never

    Francois Labreque, Apr 13, 2004
  4. P.Bojovic

    Hansang Bae Guest

    In article <>,
    says...
    > I have a Cisco 7609 Router that needs to be intall. I am unsure how
    > to install the device without hurting myself, others or the equipment.
    > Are there any devices that are available to assist in the racking
    > process?

    interns?

    > We thought of using a automobile jack, but cannot due to the lip in
    > the cabinet design.
    > Also, there is limited space to consider as well.

    Actually, if you take out the power supplies and all the line cards, it
    gets becomes manageable.

    --

    hsb

    Hansang Bae, Apr 13, 2004
  5. P.Bojovic

    S. Gione Guest

    Here's a tip that will make you look like an old-hand hardware jockey:

    Once you get it up to the rack, put the bottom screws in first.

    Most "rookies" put the top ones in first, which means the "intern" has to
    continue bearing the weight until the bottom ones are installed (unless the
    "intern" is a jerk).

    S. Gione, Apr 14, 2004
  6. P.Bojovic

    Hansang Bae Guest

    In article <Qc1fc.173$>,
    says...
    > Here's a tip that will make you look like an old-hand hardware jockey:
    >
    > Once you get it up to the rack, put the bottom screws in first.
    >
    > Most "rookies" put the top ones in first, which means the "intern" has to
    > continue bearing the weight until the bottom ones are installed (unless the
    > "intern" is a jerk).

    Better yet, use a screw driver to pop it into place and hold it in.

    --

    hsb

    Hansang Bae, Apr 14, 2004
  7. P.Bojovic

    rowl Guest

    (P.Bojovic) wrote in message news:<>...
    > I have a Cisco 7609 Router that needs to be intall. I am unsure how
    > to install the device without hurting myself, others or the equipment.
    >
    > Are there any devices that are available to assist in the racking
    > process?
    > We thought of using a automobile jack, but cannot due to the lip in
    > the cabinet design.
    >
    > Also, there is limited space to consider as well.
    >
    > Thanks for any help

    Get 2 pairs of helping hands to hold it from either side while you
    turn the screws. I've this with the 6506 and phew! don't stress
    yourself with it ...

    Rgrds
    Rahul

    rowl, Apr 14, 2004
  8. (rowl) wrote in message news:<>...
    > (P.Bojovic) wrote in message news:<>...
    > > I have a Cisco 7609 Router that needs to be intall. I am unsure how
    > > to install the device without hurting myself, others or the equipment.
    > >
    > > Are there any devices that are available to assist in the racking
    > > process?
    > > We thought of using a automobile jack, but cannot due to the lip in
    > > the cabinet design.
    > >
    > > Also, there is limited space to consider as well.
    > >
    > > Thanks for any help

    > Get 2 pairs of helping hands to hold it from either side while you
    > turn the screws. I've this with the 6506 and phew! don't stress
    > yourself with it ...
    >
    > Rgrds
    > Rahul

    I scheduled a meeting when the chassis arrived, and it was installed
    by the time I got out.

    Trent Collicutt, Apr 16, 2004