    characters??

    Thanks in advance for any help...
    -g

    glenn, Jun 13, 2006

  2. glenn

    Dan Evans Guest

    "glenn" <> wrote in message
    news:eek:ksjg.114383$...
    > We finally figured out how to enter special characters (like Alt+0224 for
    > accented "a" (Spanish a)) on our Thinkpad T30. You first do a
    > Shift+NumLk/ScrLk key to make the middle-right keys do numbers instead of
    > letters. Then we do Alt+0224 (for example, for a accented "a"). Then to go
    > on normally we have to do another Shift+NumLk/ScrLk to get back to our
    > regular typing.
    >
    > GAD!! That's rediculous. Isn't there a faster way to enter these Alt-coded
    > characters??

    Yes.

    Dan

    Dan Evans, Jun 13, 2006

  3. glenn

    °Mike° Guest

    In message <oksjg.114383$>,
    glenn took 14 lines to impart the following:

    >We finally figured out how to enter special characters (like Alt+0224 for
    >accented "a" (Spanish a)) on our Thinkpad T30. You first do a
    >Shift+NumLk/ScrLk key to make the middle-right keys do numbers instead of
    >letters. Then we do Alt+0224 (for example, for a accented "a"). Then to go
    >on normally we have to do another Shift+NumLk/ScrLk to get back to our
    >regular typing.
    >
    >GAD!! That's rediculous. Isn't there a faster way to enter these Alt-coded
    >characters??
    >
    >Thanks in advance for any help...
    >-g

    Start / Programs / Accessories / System Tools / Character Map
    --
    I could finally make ends meet, but then somebody moved the ends.

    °Mike°, Jun 13, 2006
  4. glenn

    Keme Guest

    glenn wrote:
    > We finally figured out how to enter special characters (like Alt+0224 for
    > accented "a" (Spanish a)) on our Thinkpad T30. You first do a
    > Shift+NumLk/ScrLk key to make the middle-right keys do numbers instead of
    > letters. Then we do Alt+0224 (for example, for a accented "a"). Then to go
    > on normally we have to do another Shift+NumLk/ScrLk to get back to our
    > regular typing.
    >
    > GAD!! That's rediculous. Isn't there a faster way to enter these Alt-coded
    > characters??
    >
    > Thanks in advance for any help...
    > -g

    Hold down alt+fn (instead of just alt) then use the blue numbers as usual.

    Keme, Jun 13, 2006
  5. glenn

    Keme Guest

    Keme wrote:
    [...]
    > Hold down alt+fn (instead of just alt) then use the blue numbers as usual.

    But if you just want accented characters, the diacriticals are mostly
    available on "dead keys" on your keyboard. E.g.: Hit the tilde (~) key
    first, then the a, and you should get a-tilde (ã).

    Keme, Jun 13, 2006
  6. glenn

    Lethal Guest

    I type a lot in French, therefore I use many accented letters, all I did is
    go to"Regional and language" and change my keyboard to "United States
    International" and I have all the accents by typing the accent first, then
    the letter E.g:.. à è ê ç ô û .this is the easy way to do it.

    Lethal, Jun 14, 2006
  7. glenn

    glenn Guest

    You da man, Lethal!! Best advice I got. Thanks a million.
    -g

    glenn, Jun 15, 2006
  8. glenn

    Lethal Guest

    You're very welcome!!! but I am a woman!!!!

    Lethal, Jun 15, 2006