    --
    (Please remove all underscores from my email address to get the correct
    one. Apologies for the inconvenience, but this is to reduce spam.)

    H. S., Jun 1, 2004

  2. ["Followup-To:" header set to alt.os.linux.]
    H. S. enlightened us with:
    > I am looking for a method to put my copyright notice in the EXIF
    > fields of digital pictures from my Canan G5 if possible.

    That heavily depends on the character set used. The © in this post will
    display correctly on UTF-8 enabled displays, but it won't otherwise.
    Unless you know who will view the EXIF data, you can't be certain that
    it is viewed properly. I'd suggest you just stick to the (C). Everybody
    will understand it, and it'll display without a problem.

    Sybren

    Sybren Stuvel, Jun 1, 2004

  3. "H. S." <> writes:

    > I am looking for a method to put my copyright notice in the EXIF fields of
    > digital pictures from my Canan G5 if possible. I have jhead and gphoto2 and
    > gtkam. I am running Debain Sarge, kernel 2.4.26-686.
    >
    > One method seems to be putting the comments in the comments field of EXIF,
    > and using jhead I can do this using a script file on a bunch of images in one
    > go.

    That's what I use. It is easier now that jhead has the -ci option instead of
    having to use a fake editor with -ce.

    For files meant for printing, I also put a visible copyright notice in with
    Imagemagick (using convert's -draw option if I want the label in the picture
    itself, or montage's -label option if I want it underneath the picture). I
    keep meaning to switch it to using the perl interface to ImageMagick, rather
    than invoking the command line programs.

    Another option is to use the IPTC information, which is a parallel standard to
    EXIF, via the perl CPAN Image::IPTCInfo.

    --
    Michael Meissner
    email:

    Michael Meissner, Jun 2, 2004