How to protect the LCD from being scratched accidentally?

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by dalimoh@gmail.com, Mar 4, 2007.

  1. Guest

    hello all

    i am considering buying fz7 or fz8, but i am concerned about the
    uncovered LCD, how one can i protect it ?

    for exapmple the LCD is easy to scratch if put in a bag or something,
    or even if it touched anything accidentally

    is there any specially-designed bag or case to protect the camera body
    including the LCD?

    any adviced from owners of similar types of cameras will be greately
    appreciated

    thnx in advance

    regards

    dalimoh

    , Mar 4, 2007

  2. Lez Pawl Guest

    <> wrote in message
    > hello all
    >
    > i am considering buying fz7 or fz8, but i am concerned about the
    > uncovered LCD, how one can i protect it ?
    >
    > for exapmple the LCD is easy to scratch if put in a bag or something,
    > or even if it touched anything accidentally
    >
    > is there any specially-designed bag or case to protect the camera body
    > including the LCD?
    >
    > any adviced from owners of similar types of cameras will be greately
    > appreciated
    >
    > thnx in advance
    >
    > regards
    >
    > dalimoh

    there is a bag.................Google for it

    Lez Pawl, Mar 4, 2007

  3. Guest

    On Mar 4, 1:54 am, "Lez Pawl" <> wrote:
    > <> wrote in message

    > > hello all

    > > i am considering buying fz7 or fz8, but i am concerned about the
    > > uncovered LCD, how one can i protect it ?

    > > for exapmple the LCD is easy to scratch if put in a bag or something,
    > > or even if it touched anything accidentally

    > > is there any specially-designed bag or case to protect the camera body
    > > including the LCD?

    > > any adviced from owners of similar types of cameras will be greately
    > > appreciated

    > > thnx in advance

    > > regards

    > > dalimoh

    > there is a bag.................Google for it- Hide quoted text -

    really !!? DUH

    thats not a useful answer for a specific question

    dalimoh

    , Mar 4, 2007
  4. Mark² Guest

    wrote:
    > On Mar 4, 1:54 am, "Lez Pawl" <> wrote:
    >> <> wrote in message

    >>> hello all

    >>> i am considering buying fz7 or fz8, but i am concerned about the
    >>> uncovered LCD, how one can i protect it ?

    >>> for exapmple the LCD is easy to scratch if put in a bag or
    >>> something, or even if it touched anything accidentally

    >>> is there any specially-designed bag or case to protect the camera
    >>> body including the LCD?

    >>> any adviced from owners of similar types of cameras will be greately
    >>> appreciated

    >>> thnx in advance

    >>> regards

    >>> dalimoh

    >> there is a bag.................Google for it- Hide quoted text -

    > really !!? DUH
    >
    > thats not a useful answer for a specific question

    Sure it is.
    Look at this:
    http://www.google.com/search?q=bag&...ient=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official
    There. Wasn't that helpful???
    :)
    www.pbase.com/markuson

    Mark², Mar 4, 2007
  5. Paul Allen Guest

    On 3 Mar 2007 22:46:02 -0800
    "" <> wrote:

    > hello all
    >
    > i am considering buying fz7 or fz8, but i am concerned about the
    > uncovered LCD, how one can i protect it ?
    >
    > for exapmple the LCD is easy to scratch if put in a bag or something,
    > or even if it touched anything accidentally
    >
    > is there any specially-designed bag or case to protect the camera body
    > including the LCD?
    >
    > any adviced from owners of similar types of cameras will be greately
    > appreciated

    Just don't use a bag that's lined with sandpaper. :)

    In my limited experience (an Oly C700 and a Panasonic FZ30), LCD
    screens don't scratch easily. I have a bag to fit each, and have
    hauled them around in backpacks, in the trunk of the car, slung over
    the shoulder on long walks, etc. No scratches on screens, ever.
    Both screens have fingerprints and grime on them, but neither is
    scratched.

    Don't worry about it so much. Just get a bag that fits and has
    appropriate pockets for memory and spare batteries, and go shooting.

    Paul Allen

    Paul Allen, Mar 4, 2007
  6. Guest

    On Mar 4, 2:26 am, Paul Allen <> wrote:
    > On 3 Mar 2007 22:46:02 -0800
    >
    > "" <> wrote:
    > > hello all

    > > i am considering buying fz7 or fz8, but i am concerned about the
    > > uncovered LCD, how one can i protect it ?

    > > for exapmple the LCD is easy to scratch if put in a bag or something,
    > > or even if it touched anything accidentally

    > > is there any specially-designed bag or case to protect the camera body
    > > including the LCD?

    > > any adviced from owners of similar types of cameras will be greately
    > > appreciated

    > Just don't use a bag that's lined with sandpaper. :)
    >
    > In my limited experience (an Oly C700 and a Panasonic FZ30), LCD
    > screens don't scratch easily. I have a bag to fit each, and have
    > hauled them around in backpacks, in the trunk of the car, slung over
    > the shoulder on long walks, etc. No scratches on screens, ever.
    > Both screens have fingerprints and grime on them, but neither is
    > scratched.
    >
    > Don't worry about it so much. Just get a bag that fits and has
    > appropriate pockets for memory and spare batteries, and go shooting.
    >
    > Paul Allen

    nice, thnx so much

    :)

    dalimoh

    , Mar 4, 2007
  7. Guest

    On Mar 4, 2:20 am, "Mark²" <mjmorgan(lowest even number
    here)@cox..net> wrote:
    > wrote:
    > > On Mar 4, 1:54 am, "Lez Pawl" <> wrote:
    > >> <> wrote in message

    > >> there is a bag.................Google for it- Hide quoted text -

    > > really !!? DUH

    > > thats not a useful answer for a specific question

    > Sure it is.
    > Look at this:http://www.google.com/search?q=bag&start=0&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&client=f...
    > There. Wasn't that helpful???
    > :)
    > --
    > Images (Plus Snaps & Grabs) by Mark² at:
    > www.pbase.com/markuson- Hide quoted text -

    no it was not helpful lol

    but thnx anyway

    dalimoh

    , Mar 4, 2007
  8. Lez Pawl Guest

    <> wrote in message
    > On Mar 4, 1:54 am, "Lez Pawl" <> wrote:
    >> <> wrote in message

    >> > hello all

    >> > i am considering buying fz7 or fz8, but i am concerned about the
    >> > uncovered LCD, how one can i protect it ?

    >> > for exapmple the LCD is easy to scratch if put in a bag or something,
    >> > or even if it touched anything accidentally

    >> > is there any specially-designed bag or case to protect the camera body
    >> > including the LCD?

    >> > any adviced from owners of similar types of cameras will be greately
    >> > appreciated

    >> > thnx in advance

    >> > regards

    >> > dalimoh

    >> there is a bag.................Google for it- Hide quoted text -

    > really !!? DUH
    >
    > thats not a useful answer for a specific question
    >

    > dalimoh

    you one lazy poster...............

    Lez Pawl, Mar 4, 2007
  9. Lez Pawl Guest

    "Paul Allen" <> wrote in message
    > On 3 Mar 2007 22:46:02 -0800
    > "" <> wrote:
    >
    >> hello all
    >>
    >> i am considering buying fz7 or fz8, but i am concerned about the
    >> uncovered LCD, how one can i protect it ?
    >>
    >> for exapmple the LCD is easy to scratch if put in a bag or something,
    >> or even if it touched anything accidentally
    >>
    >> is there any specially-designed bag or case to protect the camera body
    >> including the LCD?
    >>
    >> any adviced from owners of similar types of cameras will be greately
    >> appreciated

    > Just don't use a bag that's lined with sandpaper. :)
    >
    > In my limited experience (an Oly C700 and a Panasonic FZ30), LCD
    > screens don't scratch easily. I have a bag to fit each, and have
    > hauled them around in backpacks, in the trunk of the car, slung over
    > the shoulder on long walks, etc. No scratches on screens, ever.
    > Both screens have fingerprints and grime on them, but neither is
    > scratched.
    >
    > Don't worry about it so much. Just get a bag that fits and has
    > appropriate pockets for memory and spare batteries, and go shooting.
    >
    > Paul Allen

    If he has no sense to Google how can you expect him to handle a
    camera.............

    Lez Pawl, Mar 4, 2007
  10. Guest

    On Mar 4, 3:03 am, "Lez Pawl" <> wrote:
    > <> wrote in message

    > > On Mar 4, 1:54 am, "Lez Pawl" <> wrote:
    > >> <> wrote in message

    > >> there is a bag.................Google for it- Hide quoted text -

    > > really !!? DUH

    > > thats not a useful answer for a specific question

    > > dalimoh

    > you one lazy poster...............- Hide quoted text -

    it is saturday night, i can understand your useless replies, and
    execuse you for them

    peace sir

    dalimoh

    , Mar 4, 2007
  11. Guest

    On Mar 4, 3:05 am, "Lez Pawl" <> wrote:
    > "Paul Allen" <> wrote in message

    > > On 3 Mar 2007 22:46:02 -0800
    > > "" <> wrote:

    > >> hello all

    > >> i am considering buying fz7 or fz8, but i am concerned about the
    > >> uncovered LCD, how one can i protect it ?

    > >> for exapmple the LCD is easy to scratch if put in a bag or something,
    > >> or even if it touched anything accidentally

    > >> is there any specially-designed bag or case to protect the camera body
    > >> including the LCD?

    > >> any adviced from owners of similar types of cameras will be greately
    > >> appreciated

    > > Just don't use a bag that's lined with sandpaper. :)

    > > In my limited experience (an Oly C700 and a Panasonic FZ30), LCD
    > > screens don't scratch easily. I have a bag to fit each, and have
    > > hauled them around in backpacks, in the trunk of the car, slung over
    > > the shoulder on long walks, etc. No scratches on screens, ever.
    > > Both screens have fingerprints and grime on them, but neither is
    > > scratched.

    > > Don't worry about it so much. Just get a bag that fits and has
    > > appropriate pockets for memory and spare batteries, and go shooting.

    > > Paul Allen

    > If he has no sense to Google how can you expect him to handle a
    > camera.............- Hide quoted text -

    lol
    it is saturday night, u must be too drunk sir

    do you think anybody would come to ask questions on groups without
    googling/yahooing what he is looking for 1st ?

    pls ignore my question and move on to someone elses post

    good night

    dalimoh

    , Mar 4, 2007
  12. Lez Pawl Guest

    <> wrote in message
    > On Mar 4, 3:05 am, "Lez Pawl" <> wrote:
    >> "Paul Allen" <> wrote in message

    >> > Just don't use a bag that's lined with sandpaper. :)

    >> > In my limited experience (an Oly C700 and a Panasonic FZ30), LCD
    >> > screens don't scratch easily. I have a bag to fit each, and have
    >> > hauled them around in backpacks, in the trunk of the car, slung over
    >> > the shoulder on long walks, etc. No scratches on screens, ever.
    >> > Both screens have fingerprints and grime on them, but neither is
    >> > scratched.

    >> > Don't worry about it so much. Just get a bag that fits and has
    >> > appropriate pockets for memory and spare batteries, and go shooting.

    >> > Paul Allen

    >> If he has no sense to Google how can you expect him to handle a
    >> camera.............- Hide quoted text -

    > lol
    > it is saturday night, u must be too drunk sir
    >
    > do you think anybody would come to ask questions on groups without
    > googling/yahooing what he is looking for 1st ?
    >
    > pls ignore my question and move on to someone elses post
    >
    > good night
    >
    > dalimoh

    just keep calling me Sir I like that.........................

    Lez Pawl, Mar 4, 2007
  13. Paul Allen wrote:
    > On 3 Mar 2007 22:46:02 -0800
    > "" <> wrote:
    >
    >> hello all
    >>
    >> i am considering buying fz7 or fz8, but i am concerned about the
    >> uncovered LCD, how one can i protect it ?
    >>
    >> for exapmple the LCD is easy to scratch if put in a bag or something,
    >> or even if it touched anything accidentally
    >>
    >> is there any specially-designed bag or case to protect the camera
    >> body including the LCD?
    >>
    >> any adviced from owners of similar types of cameras will be greately
    >> appreciated

    > Just don't use a bag that's lined with sandpaper. :)
    >
    > In my limited experience (an Oly C700 and a Panasonic FZ30), LCD
    > screens don't scratch easily. I have a bag to fit each, and have
    > hauled them around in backpacks, in the trunk of the car, slung over
    > the shoulder on long walks, etc. No scratches on screens, ever.
    > Both screens have fingerprints and grime on them, but neither is
    > scratched.

    The fingerprints and grime can be removed with hot breath and a microfibre
    duster, kept for that purpose only. The duster is then folded and covers the
    screen whilst the camera is in it's custom Lowerpro bag.

    There, that didn't hurt, did it?

    The way some people tolerate shitty eqiuipment makes me wonder if their
    photos are just the same.

    Dennis Pogson, Mar 4, 2007
  14. Lez Pawl Guest

    "Dennis Pogson" <> wrote in message
    > Paul Allen wrote:
    >> On 3 Mar 2007 22:46:02 -0800
    >> "" <> wrote:
    >>
    >>> hello all
    >>>
    >>> i am considering buying fz7 or fz8, but i am concerned about the
    >>> uncovered LCD, how one can i protect it ?
    >>>
    >>> for exapmple the LCD is easy to scratch if put in a bag or something,
    >>> or even if it touched anything accidentally
    >>>
    >>> is there any specially-designed bag or case to protect the camera
    >>> body including the LCD?
    >>>
    >>> any adviced from owners of similar types of cameras will be greately
    >>> appreciated

    >> Just don't use a bag that's lined with sandpaper. :)
    >>
    >> In my limited experience (an Oly C700 and a Panasonic FZ30), LCD
    >> screens don't scratch easily. I have a bag to fit each, and have
    >> hauled them around in backpacks, in the trunk of the car, slung over
    >> the shoulder on long walks, etc. No scratches on screens, ever.
    >> Both screens have fingerprints and grime on them, but neither is
    >> scratched.
    >>

    > The fingerprints and grime can be removed with hot breath and a microfibre
    > duster, kept for that purpose only. The duster is then folded and covers
    > the
    > screen whilst the camera is in it's custom Lowerpro bag.
    >
    > There, that didn't hurt, did it?
    >
    > The way some people tolerate shitty eqiuipment makes me wonder if their
    > photos are just the same.

    thank you Sir..................

    Lez Pawl, Mar 4, 2007
  15. Justin C Guest

    On 2007-03-04, <> wrote:

    > it is saturday night, i can understand your useless replies, and
    > execuse you for them
    >
    > peace sir
    >
    > dalimoh

    We'll have no more of that. <plonk>

    Justin.

    --
    Justin C, by the sea.

    Justin C, Mar 4, 2007
  16. Lez Pawl Guest

    "Justin C" <> wrote in message
    > On 2007-03-04, <> wrote:
    >>
    >> it is saturday night, i can understand your useless replies, and
    >> execuse you for them
    >>
    >> peace sir
    >>
    >> dalimoh

    > We'll have no more of that. <plonk>
    >
    > Justin.
    >
    > --
    > Justin C, by the sea.

    ahhhaaaa.............a plonker

    Lez Pawl, Mar 4, 2007
  17. JohnR66 Guest

    <> wrote in message
    > hello all
    >
    > i am considering buying fz7 or fz8, but i am concerned about the
    > uncovered LCD, how one can i protect it ?
    >
    > for exapmple the LCD is easy to scratch if put in a bag or something,
    > or even if it touched anything accidentally
    >
    > is there any specially-designed bag or case to protect the camera body
    > including the LCD?
    >
    > any adviced from owners of similar types of cameras will be greately
    > appreciated
    >
    > thnx in advance
    >
    > regards
    >
    > dalimoh

    You can buy screen covers used for PDAs and trim it to fit your screen. You
    can find them at computer/electronic retailers. Perhaps even on eBay.
    In my experience, the screens seem to have a scratch resistant coating and
    never get scratched under normal use.
    John

    JohnR66, Mar 4, 2007
  18. ray Guest

    On Sat, 03 Mar 2007 22:46:02 -0800, wrote:

    > hello all
    >
    > i am considering buying fz7 or fz8, but i am concerned about the
    > uncovered LCD, how one can i protect it ?
    >
    > for exapmple the LCD is easy to scratch if put in a bag or something,
    > or even if it touched anything accidentally
    >
    > is there any specially-designed bag or case to protect the camera body
    > including the LCD?
    >
    > any adviced from owners of similar types of cameras will be greately
    > appreciated
    >
    > thnx in advance
    >
    > regards
    >
    > dalimoh

    FWIW - I've been using digital cameras with rear LCDs for several years
    (my first was a Kodak DC210+ 1mp) and never had any problems. BTW - I
    seldom use the LCD anyway. I certainly cannot shoot using that to frame
    and I wait until I upload photos to the computer to review. I'd be just as
    happy with a camera that didn't have a read LCD - batteries would
    certainly last longer - normally I just turn it off if that's an option.

    ray, Mar 4, 2007
  19. In article <LJBGh.99174$>,
    "JohnR66" <> wrote:

    > <> wrote in message
    > > hello all
    > >
    > > i am considering buying fz7 or fz8, but i am concerned about the
    > > uncovered LCD, how one can i protect it ?
    > >
    > > for exapmple the LCD is easy to scratch if put in a bag or something,
    > > or even if it touched anything accidentally
    > >
    > > is there any specially-designed bag or case to protect the camera body
    > > including the LCD?
    > >
    > > any adviced from owners of similar types of cameras will be greately
    > > appreciated
    > >
    > > thnx in advance
    > >
    > > regards
    > >
    > > dalimoh
    > >

    > You can buy screen covers used for PDAs and trim it to fit your screen. You
    > can find them at computer/electronic retailers. Perhaps even on eBay.
    > In my experience, the screens seem to have a scratch resistant coating and
    > never get scratched under normal use.
    > John

    The last camera I bought included several freebies one of which was
    several plastic films that you could peel off the paper backing and
    stick over the LCD. Should be more than tough enough to prevent
    accidental scratching.

    carrying a cross."
    Sinclair Lewis

    Ockham's Razor, Mar 4, 2007