    site is unavailable.

    Is there a way to prolong Firefox's "search" time?

    Please help, thank you !!

    Hari Hari Mau, Mar 6, 2009

  2. Hari Hari Mau

    Evan Platt Guest

    On Fri, 6 Mar 2009 03:12:02 +0000 (UTC), chuckcar <>
    wrote:

    >Regarding the other reply, I have used 2.2.1.1 as a DNS server - you
    >change it in the properties (right-clicking) of network on your desktop.
    >You then bring up the properties of TCP/IP and from there DNS
    >configuration. Make sure you *don't* click cancel or miss an apply on your
    >way out. Reboot for it to take effect.

    XP doesn't require a reboot for a DNS server change.

    Evan Platt, Mar 7, 2009

  3. Hari Hari Mau

    DevilsPGD Guest

    In message <> Evan Platt
    <> was claimed to have wrote:

    >On Fri, 6 Mar 2009 03:12:02 +0000 (UTC), chuckcar <>
    >wrote:
    >
    >>Regarding the other reply, I have used 2.2.1.1 as a DNS server - you
    >>change it in the properties (right-clicking) of network on your desktop.
    >>You then bring up the properties of TCP/IP and from there DNS
    >>configuration. Make sure you *don't* click cancel or miss an apply on your
    >>way out. Reboot for it to take effect.

    >XP doesn't require a reboot for a DNS server change.

    No, in most cases it does not. However, you do need to clear your DNS
    cache (ipconfig /flushdns)

    There is also a rare circumstance when you reduce the number of DNS
    servers that you do need a reboot to remove the additional DNS servers
    from the active TCP/IP stack configuration. It doesn't happen in every
    case, I vaguely recall tracking down at least one way to reproduce it a
    few years ago and logging it with Microsoft.

    DevilsPGD, Mar 8, 2009