How to print "text comments" in Excel?

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Murgi, Jun 11, 2004.

  1. Murgi

    Murgi Guest

    Several clients have ben supplying translation work in PDF format. These are
    service manuals which contain lots of tables. The manufacturer puts red
    colored numbers beside each expression in the table. They are clearly
    visible, but don't show up on my laser printer copies (black&white).
    I can't ask the person who does the PDF numbering since there is an agency
    in between...

    Does anybody know how to input printable red numbers into a PDF file?...
    well, at least printable in black ink.
    I assume that the person who prepares the PDF file doesn't do it correctly.
    I'd like to tell the client how to do it correctly, so that I don't have to
    write all numbers by hand into the manuscript. It's a real pain in the neck.

    LATER:
    I have found out how to print the red numbers. In Adobe you need to trigger
    "Print with Comments"!
    However, I have to print 5 pages with such numbers, and a "Summary of
    Comments on 5MD3MD/01-05/EN" is printed after each actual text page.
    This increases the paper waste by 50% since the comments herein are useless.
    The code represents a part of the cover page (MD Player)...
    I don't wan't these "summaries" printed. How to tell Adobe Reader to print
    the actual text pages only?

    Thanks,
    Murgi

    Murgi, Jun 11, 2004

  2. Murgi

    Linda Guest

    So do you have a question about Excel?

    Linda, Jun 11, 2004

  3. Murgi

    Murgi Guest

    "Linda" <> wrote in message
    > So do you have a question about Excel?

    Ahem... yes. It's clearly mentioned in the subject line.

    Murgi, Jun 11, 2004