    Is there an easy way to do this besides typing it all out ?

    thanx.....'ole

    ---

    --Ole--, Nov 15, 2004

  2. --Ole--

    G. Morgan Guest

    On Mon, 15 Nov 2004 03:57:34 GMT "--Ole--"
    used 17 lines of text to write in newsgroup: 24hoursupport.helpdesk

    >I have numerous CD burns with mp3s of lectures and want to print our the dir
    >listing of the file names.
    >
    >Is there an easy way to do this besides typing it all out ?

    you could open a command window and type dir *.mp3 > filelist.txt

    or in Mozilla or Netscape put file:///c:/ in the address bar, navigate
    to the directory and print from there.

    --
    -Graham

    Remove the 'snails' from my email

    G. Morgan, Nov 15, 2004

  3. --Ole--

    Unk Guest

    On Mon, 15 Nov 2004 03:57:34 GMT, "--Ole--" <> wrote:

    >I have numerous CD burns with mp3s of lectures and want to print our the dir
    >listing of the file names.
    >
    >Is there an easy way to do this besides typing it all out ?
    >

    >thanx.....'ole

    A quick and dirty way without any new software is from a DOS shell:
    Click Start, Programs, DOS Prompt or click Start, Run. In the Run
    box, type "command.com" without the quotes and press enter.
    (Type CMD if WinXP)

    Navigate your way to the directory where the files are located, and use
    the DIR command to list the directory and use switches to control output.
    /a shows ALL files (hidden, system, etc.) dir/a
    /o (letter o, not a zero) sorts them alphabetically dir/o
    /s shows subdirectories dir/s
    /b bare format: Just the long filename, no size, etc. dir/b
    Add the command ">list.txt" to send the output to a text file "List.txt".
    (Double ">>"'s makes the DIR command append the output to an existing text file)

    So if you want a list of EVERY file on the C:\Music folder sent to a text
    file that you can edit, then use the following command:
    dir c:\music /a/b/o/s>list.txt

    By 3rd party Software:
    Karen's Directory Printer
    http://www.karenware.com/powertools/ptdirprn.asp

    Print Folder Pro:
    http://no-nonsense-software.com/download.html

    Print It:
    http://www.skylarkutilities.com/print-it/home.html

    DirPrint by Wim Heirman:
    http://studwww.rug.ac.be/~wheirman/
    http://studwww.rug.ac.be/~wheirman/zip/dirprt40.zip

    Directory printer
    http://www.galcott.com/

    Unk, Nov 15, 2004
  4. --Ole--

    sethra Guest

    G. Morgan <> wrote in

    > On Mon, 15 Nov 2004 03:57:34 GMT "--Ole--"
    > used 17 lines of text to write in newsgroup: 24hoursupport.helpdesk
    >
    >>I have numerous CD burns with mp3s of lectures and want to print our
    >>the dir listing of the file names.
    >>
    >>Is there an easy way to do this besides typing it all out ?

    > you could open a command window and type dir *.mp3 > filelist.txt
    >
    > or in Mozilla or Netscape put file:///c:/ in the address bar, navigate
    > to the directory and print from there.

    Or search for "directory printer" or something similiar on your favorite
    software or freeware archive. Dozens of little programs exist to do this;
    find your favorite.

    I'm partial to Karen's version:
    http://www.karenware.com/powertools.asp

    --
    ~sethra

    sethra, Nov 15, 2004
  5. --Ole--

    --Ole-- Guest

    Thanks !

    --Ole--, Nov 15, 2004
  6. --Ole--

    --Ole-- Guest

    Thanx again !

    "sethra" <> wrote in message
    > G. Morgan <> wrote in
    >
    > > On Mon, 15 Nov 2004 03:57:34 GMT "--Ole--"
    > > used 17 lines of text to write in newsgroup: 24hoursupport.helpdesk
    > >
    > >>I have numerous CD burns with mp3s of lectures and want to print our
    > >>the dir listing of the file names.
    > >>
    > >>Is there an easy way to do this besides typing it all out ?

    > > you could open a command window and type dir *.mp3 > filelist.txt
    > >
    > > or in Mozilla or Netscape put file:///c:/ in the address bar, navigate
    > > to the directory and print from there.

    > Or search for "directory printer" or something similiar on your favorite
    > software or freeware archive. Dozens of little programs exist to do this;
    > find your favorite.
    >
    > I'm partial to Karen's version:
    > http://www.karenware.com/powertools.asp
    >
    > --