    For pc A, when I click sharing/then "if you understand...", the do I check
    "just enable sharing printer"?

    ..... so please walk me through, thanks

    =?Utf-8?B?bmV3bmV0d29ya3hw?=, Jan 7, 2006

  2. =?Utf-8?B?bmV3bmV0d29ya3hw?=

    Malke Guest

    newnetworkxp wrote:

    > Hope better reponse from here ..Please walk me through how can I print
    > from pc B.
    >
    > At the moment my pc A is connected by cable + rj45 to a linksys
    > gateway, which has an epson printer XYZ connected (usb). I can go
    > internet and also
    > print from pc A.
    > Computer B have a linksys usb adapter and I can go to internet.
    > I have tried various microsoft kb but I dont seems to get it right.
    > Both pc's showed the 'sharing hand' and when I try to print a docs
    > from B, it will have a job waiting to be printed but nothing got
    > printed.
    >
    > At pc B, when I right click printer, sharing, port tag- there is no
    > "Usb virtual printer port", where as it shows in pc A. Was it because
    > when I install the printer driver in B, I choose LP1?
    >
    > For pc A, when I click sharing/then "if you understand...", the do I
    > check "just enable sharing printer"?

    Things to do/check:

    1. On both computers - which presumably have Windows XP - make sure you
    have only one firewall running. Service Pack 2 automatically enables
    the Windows Firewall. If you are not running a third-party firewall, go
    to the Windows Firewall applet in Control Panel and enable File &
    Printer Sharing on the Exceptions tab. If you are using a third-party
    firewall (and have properly configured it to allow your lan traffic as
    Trusted), then turn the Windows Firewall off.

    2. Usually running the Network Setup Wizard will take care of setting
    up the Local Area Network (lan) properly. The gotcha is that it will
    enable the SP2 firewall and you will need to disable it after running
    the Wizard if you have a third-party firewall.

    3. On the computer with the printer attached locally, right-click the
    printer icon and choose Sharing. Just enable it.

    4. On the remote computer without the printer attached, start the Add
    Printer Wizard. You want to choose a "network printer or printer
    connected to another computer". If you've set up your lan properly as
    above, the printer will show up. Here it sounds like you installed the
    printer locally on the remote computer which is incorrect.

    5. If both computers are running XP Pro, make sure that the setting for
    Simple Sharing (Folder Options>View) matches. If Simple Sharing is
    unchecked (Pro only), then create identical user accounts/passwords on
    both computers.

    Malke
    --
    Elephant Boy Computers
    www.elephantboycomputers.com

    Malke, Jan 7, 2006

  3. many thanks for your help. i got it working now.

    =?Utf-8?B?bmV3bmV0d29ya3hw?=, Jan 8, 2006