    download? Or maybe even way to do it within Windows XP? Thanks.

    --
    Alan
    Alan, Dec 25, 2006

  2. Alan

    John Holmes Guest

    Alan "contributed" in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:

    > I'm using Windows XP Professional and would like to be able to print a
    > list (or a portion of a list) from the My Music folder, but am unable
    > to do it --- a couple of years ago, I'd downloaded a free program from
    > somewhere that enabled me to do it, but lost that program. Can
    > anyone suggest a download? Or maybe even way to do it within Windows
    > XP? Thanks.

    Results 1 - 10 of about 2,290,000 for print folder list. (0.28 seconds),
    you lazy bitch.

    --
    You malodorous vat of fungus-covered ear wax.
    John Holmes, Dec 25, 2006

  3. Alan

    Guest

    "Alan" <> wrote:

    >I'm using Windows XP Professional and would like to be able to print a list
    >(or a portion of a list) from the My Music folder, but am unable to do
    >it --- a couple of years ago, I'd downloaded a free program from somewhere
    >that enabled me to do it, but lost that program. Can anyone suggest a
    >download? Or maybe even way to do it within Windows XP? Thanks.

    Karen's Directory Printer
    http://www.karenware.com/powertools/ptdirprn.asp

    --
    http://www.michaelbach.de/ot/
    , Dec 25, 2006
  4. Alan

    Alan Guest

    <> wrote

    Hey Penny ---- thanks very much for your help! (and a Merry Christmas!)
    Alan, Dec 25, 2006
  5. Alan

    Alan Guest

    "John Holmes" wrote
    > Alan "contributed" in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:
    >
    >> I'm using Windows XP Professional and would like to be able to print a
    >> list (or a portion of a list) from the My Music folder, but am unable
    >> to do it --- a couple of years ago, I'd downloaded a free program from
    >> somewhere that enabled me to do it, but lost that program. Can
    >> anyone suggest a download? Or maybe even way to do it within Windows
    >> XP? Thanks.

    > Results 1 - 10 of about 2,290,000 for print folder list. (0.28 seconds),
    > you lazy bitch.
    >
    > --
    > You malodorous vat of fungus-covered ear wax.

    John, thanks so much for your help --- what would lazy bitches like me do if
    it weren't for relentlessly helpful heroes like you? (Happy Holidays!)
    Alan, Dec 25, 2006
  6. Alan

    M Guest

    "Alan" <> wrote in message
    > I'm using Windows XP Professional and would like to be able to print a
    > list (or a portion of a list) from the My Music folder, but am unable to
    > do it --- a couple of years ago, I'd downloaded a free program from
    > somewhere that enabled me to do it, but lost that program. Can anyone
    > suggest a download? Or maybe even way to do it within Windows XP?
    > Thanks.
    >
    > --
    > Alan

    Open Windows Explorer at your MyMusic folder (probably C:\Documents and
    Settings\<Your Name>\My Documents\My Music), copy this address into the
    address bar of Mozilla Firefox and you have a printable listing.
    M, Dec 25, 2006
  7. Alan

    Alan Guest

    "M" wrote
    > "Alan" wrote
    >> I'm using Windows XP Professional and would like to be able to print a
    >> list (or a portion of a list) from the My Music folder, but am unable to
    >> do it --- a couple of years ago, I'd downloaded a free program from
    >> somewhere that enabled me to do it, but lost that program. Can anyone
    >> suggest a download? Or maybe even way to do it within Windows XP? Thanks.
    >>
    >> --
    >> Alan

    > Open Windows Explorer at your MyMusic folder (probably C:\Documents and
    > Settings\<Your Name>\My Documents\My Music), copy this address into the
    > address bar of Mozilla Firefox and you have a printable listing.

    Hey Thanks M! -- That's the easiest solution so far. Very easy to copy into
    a .txt file, import it into Excel and, with a little bit of fiddling, I can
    get the list to look exactly like I want it to.
    --
    Alan
    Alan, Dec 25, 2006
  8. Alan

    why? Guest

    On Mon, 25 Dec 2006 02:06:19 GMT, Alan wrote:

    >"John Holmes" wrote
    >> Alan "contributed" in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:
    >>
    >>> I'm using Windows XP Professional and would like to be able to print a
    >>> list (or a portion of a list) from the My Music folder, but am unable
    >>> to do it --- a couple of years ago, I'd downloaded a free program from
    >>> somewhere that enabled me to do it, but lost that program. Can
    >>> anyone suggest a download? Or maybe even way to do it within Windows
    >>> XP? Thanks.

    >> Results 1 - 10 of about 2,290,000 for print folder list. (0.28 seconds),
    >> you lazy bitch.
    >>
    >> --
    >> You malodorous vat of fungus-covered ear wax.

    >John, thanks so much for your help --- what would lazy bitches like me do if
    >it weren't for relentlessly helpful heroes like you? (Happy Holidays!)

    You would just site there getting nothing done and waiting hours if at
    all for somone else to give you an answer it takes 2 seconds to get.

    Me
    why?, Dec 25, 2006
  9. Alan

    Alan Guest

    "why?" wrote >
    Alan wrote:

    >>"John Holmes" wrote
    >>> Alan "contributed" in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:

    >>> Results 1 - 10 of about 2,290,000 for print folder list. (0.28 seconds),
    >>> you lazy bitch.
    >>>
    >>> --
    >>> You malodorous vat of fungus-covered ear wax.

    >>John, thanks so much for your help --- what would lazy bitches like me do
    >>if
    >>it weren't for relentlessly helpful heroes like you? (Happy Holidays!)
    >>

    > You would just site there getting nothing done and waiting hours if at
    > all for somone else to give you an answer it takes 2 seconds to get.
    >
    > Me

    Ah yes, but isn't it nice to rely on folks here who've got some expertise in
    picking just the right search terms and then also relying on their
    experience to help you wade thru the millions of garbage hits I'd come up
    with?
    If your solution is to use Google for every problem, what's the purpose of
    this newsgroup?
    Alan, Dec 26, 2006
  10. Alan

    Cindy Stuart Guest

    On 26-Dec-2006, "Alan" <> wrote:

    > Ah yes, but isn't it nice to rely on folks here who've got some expertise
    > in
    > picking just the right search terms and then also relying on their
    > experience to help you wade thru the millions of garbage hits I'd come up
    > with?
    > If your solution is to use Google for every problem, what's the purpose of
    >
    > this newsgroup?

    AMEN! - Google's great but i've gotten more workable solutions here from the
    vast array of knowledgeable posters than from the search engines. and it's
    educational. just by reading through the help requests with their
    others; what a wonderful resource! - and it's more personal than google. i
    have asked my share of dumb questions and someone has always been kind
    enough to reply with help.
    merry Christmas, happy Chanukah to everyone - and happiness for 2007.
    cindy
    Cindy Stuart, Dec 26, 2006
  11. Alan

    why? Guest

    On Tue, 26 Dec 2006 18:58:35 GMT, Alan wrote:

    >"why?" wrote >
    > Alan wrote:
    >>

    >>>"John Holmes" wrote

    >>>John, thanks so much for your help --- what would lazy bitches like me do
    >>>if
    >>>it weren't for relentlessly helpful heroes like you? (Happy Holidays!)
    >>>

    >> You would just site there getting nothing done and waiting hours if at
    >> all for somone else to give you an answer it takes 2 seconds to get.
    >>
    >> Me

    >Ah yes, but isn't it nice to rely on folks here who've got some expertise in
    >picking just the right search terms and then also relying on their

    That's how you learn, rather than just getting an answer.

    >experience to help you wade thru the millions of garbage hits I'd come up
    >with?
    >If your solution is to use Google for every problem, what's the purpose of
    >this newsgroup?

    To tell people to use Google to search all the previous answers to
    exactly the same question that already exist. But's that's also been
    mentioned a lot as well.

    http://groups.google.com/group/24ho...hoursupport.helpdesk&q=file directory printer
    164 results for file directory printer

    3 simple words reduce the millions to 164.

    Seeing in those posts multiple references to Karen's Directory Printer
    would be a big clue.
    51 results for karen directory

    Me
    why?, Dec 27, 2006
  12. Try the program "Directory Printer" - google for it.

    Luke O'Malley, Dec 27, 2006
  13. Alan

    Lookout Guest

    On Wed, 27 Dec 2006 00:16:32 GMT, why?

    >On Tue, 26 Dec 2006 18:58:35 GMT, Alan wrote:

    >>> You would just site there getting nothing done and waiting hours if at
    >>> all for somone else to give you an answer it takes 2 seconds to get.
    >>>
    >>> Me

    >>Ah yes, but isn't it nice to rely on folks here who've got some expertise in
    >>picking just the right search terms and then also relying on their

    >That's how you learn, rather than just getting an answer.
    >
    >>experience to help you wade thru the millions of garbage hits I'd come up
    >>with?
    >>If your solution is to use Google for every problem, what's the purpose of
    >>this newsgroup?

    >To tell people to use Google to search all the previous answers to
    >exactly the same question that already exist. But's that's also been
    >mentioned a lot as well.
    >
    >http://groups.google.com/group/24ho...hoursupport.helpdesk&q=file directory printer
    >164 results for file directory printer
    >
    >3 simple words reduce the millions to 164.
    >
    >Seeing in those posts multiple references to Karen's Directory Printer
    >would be a big clue.
    >51 results for karen directory
    >
    >Me

    The problem is that many people can't figure out which words to put in
    Google. I see it all the time..it's simple to some and others just
    can't figure it out. And in many cases it's just pure laziness.
    Lookout, Dec 27, 2006
  14. Alan

    Alan Guest

    > On Tue, 26 Dec 2006 18:58:35 GMT, Alan wrote:

    >>> You would just site there getting nothing done and waiting hours if at
    >>> all for somone else to give you an answer it takes 2 seconds to get.
    >>>
    >>> Me

    >>Ah yes, but isn't it nice to rely on folks here who've got some expertise
    >>in
    >>picking just the right search terms and then also relying on their

    > That's how you learn, rather than just getting an answer.
    >
    >>experience to help you wade thru the millions of garbage hits I'd come up
    >>with?
    >>If your solution is to use Google for every problem, what's the purpose of
    >>this newsgroup?

    > To tell people to use Google to search all the previous answers to
    > exactly the same question that already exist. But's that's also been
    > mentioned a lot as well.
    >
    > http://groups.google.com/group/24ho...hoursupport.helpdesk&q=file directory printer
    > 164 results for file directory printer
    >
    > 3 simple words reduce the millions to 164.
    >
    > Seeing in those posts multiple references to Karen's Directory Printer
    > would be a big clue.
    > 51 results for karen directory
    >
    > Me

    And the great thing about this newsgroup is that the simplest, most elegant
    solution (offered by "M" (using Windows Explorer with the Mozilla Firefox,
    and involving now download of any extra program, free or otherwise) ) would
    not have been found easily (if at all) with your Google search idea. Thank
    you so much for your big clue, though. Google CAN be helpful, but is not a
    panacea.
    Alan, Dec 28, 2006
  15. Alan

    ToyalP2 Guest

    Use PrintFolders, you can get it free here:
    http://no-nonsense-software.com/
    Have fun.

    ToyalP2, Dec 28, 2006
  16. Alan

    why? Guest

    On Thu, 28 Dec 2006 03:43:59 GMT, Alan wrote:

    >> On Tue, 26 Dec 2006 18:58:35 GMT, Alan wrote:

    >>>Ah yes, but isn't it nice to rely on folks here who've got some expertise
    >>>in
    >>>picking just the right search terms and then also relying on their

    >> That's how you learn, rather than just getting an answer.
    >>
    >>>experience to help you wade thru the millions of garbage hits I'd come up
    >>>with?
    >>>If your solution is to use Google for every problem, what's the purpose of
    >>>this newsgroup?

    >> To tell people to use Google to search all the previous answers to
    >> exactly the same question that already exist. But's that's also been
    >> mentioned a lot as well.
    >>
    >> http://groups.google.com/group/24ho...hoursupport.helpdesk&q=file directory printer
    >> 164 results for file directory printer
    >>
    >> 3 simple words reduce the millions to 164.
    >>
    >> Seeing in those posts multiple references to Karen's Directory Printer
    >> would be a big clue.
    >> 51 results for karen directory
    >>
    >> Me

    >And the great thing about this newsgroup is that the simplest, most elegant
    >solution (offered by "M" (using Windows Explorer with the Mozilla Firefox,
    >and involving now download of any extra program, free or otherwise) ) would

    If you didn't have FF then you would have to d/l it. The extra sorting /
    options of Karen's Dir Print are worth the d/l anyway.

    >not have been found easily (if at all) with your Google search idea. Thank

    The MS KB no FF / no other d/l - 4th and 5th hits
    http://www.google.com/search?q=directory listing print
    adds printing to XP by right click on a folder.

    How to add the Print Directory feature for folders in Windows XP
    Explains how to print a directory listing of the contents of a folder
    more easily by using the Print Directory feature.
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/321379 - Similar pages

    How to add the print directory feature to Windows Explorer
    This article explains how to add the print directory feature, and how to
    enable printing of the directory listing from within Windows Explorer.
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/272623 - Similar pages

    Which is even more work (or less) using

    dir, with the multiple sort options.

    >you so much for your big clue, though. Google CAN be helpful, but is not a
    >panacea.

    Right, but so many topics have fast quick answers, and so many things
    are repeated in 24HSHD anyway.

    Me
    why?, Dec 28, 2006
  17. Alan

    Frosty Guest

    On Mon, 25 Dec 2006 00:47:48 GMT in 24hoursupport.helpdesk a thought
    sat on "Alan" <>'s chest like a vulture, I
    said "Pluck It! And with the feather I'll tickle your throat and you
    can throw it up to me" Said he "I shall" & thus puked:

    >I'm using Windows XP Professional and would like to be able to print a list
    >(or a portion of a list) from the My Music folder, but am unable to do
    >it --- a couple of years ago, I'd downloaded a free program from somewhere
    >that enabled me to do it, but lost that program. Can anyone suggest a
    >download? Or maybe even way to do it within Windows XP? Thanks.

    I got this from here & I'm passin' it back to you:

    In DOS:

    dir *.* /s >>yourfiles.txt

    The (/s) means go down through the directories below the point where
    the
    DIR command is being issued. It will list all files in all directories
    starting from the highest directory and all files in the directory
    where
    the DIR was listed.

    The (>>) means pipe/dump the text display in the file yourfiles.txt,
    which can also be >>c:\alan\yourfiles.txt.
    Frosty, Dec 31, 2006
  18. Alan

    Leythos Guest

    In article <>, clause39
    @yahoo.com says...
    > On Mon, 25 Dec 2006 00:47:48 GMT in 24hoursupport.helpdesk a thought
    > sat on "Alan" <>'s chest like a vulture, I
    > said "Pluck It! And with the feather I'll tickle your throat and you
    > can throw it up to me" Said he "I shall" & thus puked:
    >
    > >I'm using Windows XP Professional and would like to be able to print a list
    > >(or a portion of a list) from the My Music folder, but am unable to do
    > >it --- a couple of years ago, I'd downloaded a free program from somewhere
    > >that enabled me to do it, but lost that program. Can anyone suggest a
    > >download? Or maybe even way to do it within Windows XP? Thanks.

    > I got this from here & I'm passin' it back to you:
    >
    > In DOS:
    >
    > dir *.* /s >>yourfiles.txt
    >
    > The (/s) means go down through the directories below the point where
    > the
    > DIR command is being issued. It will list all files in all directories
    > starting from the highest directory and all files in the directory
    > where
    > the DIR was listed.
    >
    > The (>>) means pipe/dump the text display in the file yourfiles.txt,
    > which can also be >>c:\alan\yourfiles.txt.

    Actually, a Single > means overwrite/create the file, >> means to append
    to the file (or create if if it doesn't exist).

    So, Dir c:\*.* /s /b > directorylist.txt

    would put a full list of files, with their path, into the
    directorylist.txt file, but it would be a BARE (/b) list that didn't
    contain any file stats (date/size).

    Type DIR /? for help on the DIR command.

    --

    remove 999 in order to email me
    Leythos, Dec 31, 2006
  19. Alan

    Fred Kasner Guest

    Frosty wrote:
    > On Mon, 25 Dec 2006 00:47:48 GMT in 24hoursupport.helpdesk a thought
    > sat on "Alan" <>'s chest like a vulture, I
    > said "Pluck It! And with the feather I'll tickle your throat and you
    > can throw it up to me" Said he "I shall" & thus puked:
    >
    >> I'm using Windows XP Professional and would like to be able to print a list
    >> (or a portion of a list) from the My Music folder, but am unable to do
    >> it --- a couple of years ago, I'd downloaded a free program from somewhere
    >> that enabled me to do it, but lost that program. Can anyone suggest a
    >> download? Or maybe even way to do it within Windows XP? Thanks.

    > I got this from here & I'm passin' it back to you:
    >
    > In DOS:
    >
    > dir *.* /s >>yourfiles.txt
    >
    > The (/s) means go down through the directories below the point where
    > the
    > DIR command is being issued. It will list all files in all directories
    > starting from the highest directory and all files in the directory
    > where
    > the DIR was listed.
    >
    > The (>>) means pipe/dump the text display in the file yourfiles.txt,
    > which can also be >>c:\alan\yourfiles.txt.

    Note if you want a printout then this will print to your default printer:
    dir *.* > prn: or dir *.* > lpt: or if you might have some
    trouble with the previous one dir *.* > lpt1:

    FK
    Fred Kasner, Dec 31, 2006
  20. Alan

    Guest

    Leythos <> wrote:

    >In article <>, clause39
    >@yahoo.com says...
    >> On Mon, 25 Dec 2006 00:47:48 GMT in 24hoursupport.helpdesk a thought
    >> sat on "Alan" <>'s chest like a vulture, I
    >> said "Pluck It! And with the feather I'll tickle your throat and you
    >> can throw it up to me" Said he "I shall" & thus puked:
    >>
    >> >I'm using Windows XP Professional and would like to be able to print a list
    >> >(or a portion of a list) from the My Music folder, but am unable to do
    >> >it --- a couple of years ago, I'd downloaded a free program from somewhere
    >> >that enabled me to do it, but lost that program. Can anyone suggest a
    >> >download? Or maybe even way to do it within Windows XP? Thanks.

    >> I got this from here & I'm passin' it back to you:
    >>
    >> In DOS:
    >>
    >> dir *.* /s >>yourfiles.txt
    >>
    >> The (/s) means go down through the directories below the point where
    >> the
    >> DIR command is being issued. It will list all files in all directories
    >> starting from the highest directory and all files in the directory
    >> where
    >> the DIR was listed.
    >>
    >> The (>>) means pipe/dump the text display in the file yourfiles.txt,
    >> which can also be >>c:\alan\yourfiles.txt.

    >Actually, a Single > means overwrite/create the file, >> means to append
    >to the file (or create if if it doesn't exist).
    >
    >So, Dir c:\*.* /s /b > directorylist.txt
    >
    >would put a full list of files, with their path, into the
    >directorylist.txt file, but it would be a BARE (/b) list that didn't
    >contain any file stats (date/size).
    >
    >Type DIR /? for help on the DIR command.

    Sigh
    Start | Run <type in>
    CMD /K dir C:\*.* /s /b > text.txt & notepad text.txt
    <enter>

    Just wait for it - no digging for the file to open (a problem one who
    would ask this question would have).
    --
    The Top Ten Astronomy Images of 2006
    http://tinyurl.com/y5nnks