    that order.

    Thanks for any pointers.

    JML

    Giganews, Aug 28, 2007

  2. Have you uncheck "Automatically connect to non-preferred networks"?

    Bob Lin, MS-MVP, MCSE & CNE
    "Giganews" <> wrote in message news:...
    I have a secured wireless router and would like to force my laptops to
    connect only to that network and prevent them from connecting to the
    unsecured wireless routers in the neighborhood.

    I have enabled the option to connect only to infrastructure networks
    (not knowing what exactly that means, because those unsecured wireless
    adapters are access points (=infrastructure?), too).

    Selecting a preferred order of wireless networks goes out the window
    once your own access point stalls or is too slow, Windows re-arranges
    that order.

    Thanks for any pointers.

    JML

    Robert L [MVP - Networking], Aug 28, 2007