    anyway of preventing this behavior short of using an acess list or
    route map?

    Thanx!

    jimbo, Jun 24, 2005

  2. Hi,

    Issue the command "no default-information out" in router eigrp mode.

    The "ip default-network" command is not used in making routing decisions,
    it's used when the router is not configured for routing (for it's own
    network traffic).

    Erik

    Erik Tamminga, Jun 24, 2005

  3. In article <>,
    jimbo <> wrote:
    >Running EIGRP. I want to create a default route that is not propagated
    >to other routers. It seems the "ip route" command is better suited for
    >this task than the "ip default-network" command.
    >
    >However, even when creating a static default route with the "ip route"
    >command, the route is advertised as a candidate default route. Is there
    >anyway of preventing this behavior short of using an acess list or
    >route map?
    >
    >Thanx!

    EIGRP by default does not advertise static routes. So you will need
    to remove the "redistribute static" command currently under "router
    eigrp xxx" or if the static default route is to an interface rather
    than an IP address, you would need to remove the "redistribute
    connected" command under "router eigrp xxx."

    Warning: Since this will probably break other aspects of your
    configuration (otherwise the commands would not have been added in
    the first place), you may find that using either a "distribute-list
    <acl> out <interface>" command or route maps to filter the default
    route from your EIGRP advertisements will be necessary. Also be
    aware that unless you get pretty fancy, using route filters will
    also prevent you from forwarding a default route learned by EIGRP
    from another router, which may not be what you want either.

    Good luck and have fun!

    http://www.networkingunlimited.com

    Vincent C Jones, Jun 25, 2005
  4. In article <>,
    "jimbo" <> wrote:

    > Running EIGRP. I want to create a default route that is not propagated
    > to other routers. It seems the "ip route" command is better suited for
    > this task than the "ip default-network" command.
    >
    > However, even when creating a static default route with the "ip route"
    > command, the route is advertised as a candidate default route. Is there
    > anyway of preventing this behavior short of using an acess list or
    > route map?

    I don't think so. What's wrong with using distribute-list with an
    access list? The access list is trivial:

    access-list 1 deny 0.0.0.0
    access-list 1 permit any

    --
    Barry Margolin,
    Arlington, MA

    Barry Margolin, Jun 25, 2005
  5. Hi,

    Erik Tamminga, Jun 25, 2005
  6. Hi,

    Erik Tamminga, Jun 25, 2005
  7. jimbo

    Ivan Ostres Guest

    In article <d9j50r$uj0$1.ov.home.nl>,
    says...
    > The "ip default-network" command is not used in making routing decisions,
    > it's used when the router is not configured for routing (for it's own
    > network traffic).

    Erik,

    "ip default-network" is used when router *IS* routing (has ip routing
    enabled).

    http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/iosswrel/ps5207/products_command_
    reference_chapter09186a00801a807e.html#wp1107222

    When router is *NOT* configured for routing, then you use "ip default-
    gateway" command.

    http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/iosswrel/ps5187/products_command_
    reference_chapter09186a008017d169.html#wp1080489

    --
    Ivan

    *** User rot13 to see my eMail address ***

    Ivan Ostres, Jun 25, 2005
  8. jimbo

    James Harris Guest

    "Erik Tamminga" <> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    >
    > Issue the command "no default-information out" in router eigrp mode.
    >
    > The "ip default-network" command is not used in making routing
    > decisions, it's used when the router is not configured for routing
    > (for it's own network traffic).

    Is that not the ip default-gateway command?

    James Harris, Jun 25, 2005
  9. You're right, my mistake.

    Erik

    Erik Tamminga, Jun 28, 2005