    Thanks very much.
    Frank
    P.S. Using Roxio CD Writer.
    frank1492, Aug 12, 2004

  2. frank1492

    Matt Ion Guest

    Ditch Roxio, use Nero... it has an option to preserve original file dates.

    from the prejudices of their social environment. Most people are even
    incapable of forming such opinions."
    -- Albert Einstein

    Matt Ion, Aug 12, 2004

  3. Right click on the column headings and choose More and then choose Date
    Created which will become a new heading. It contains the precise time that
    the picture was taken (keep in mind that if you are, say, in France, that
    the time,e will be 5 hours different).
    --
    Glenn T. Dulmage
    207 Valley Road

    GlennT Dulmage, Aug 12, 2004
  4. frank1492

    frank1492 Guest

    I am sorry I am not understanding. Is this in the Roxio CD Writer
    program?

    frank1492, Aug 12, 2004
  5. frank1492

    Ed Ruf Guest

    On Thu, 12 Aug 2004 19:23:37 GMT, in rec.photo.digital frank1492
    <> wrote:

    >I am sorry I am not understanding. Is this in the Roxio CD Writer
    >program?

    No, in Windows Explorer when you've set it to show Details under View. Then
    follow his directions to choose what exact details you want listed.
    Ed Ruf Lifetime AMA# 344007 ()
    See images taken with my CP-990 and 5700 at
    http://EdwardGRuf.com
    Ed Ruf, Aug 12, 2004
  6. Very interesting. I've used Nero for several years, without thinking
    of this feature. And always assumed it retained the original date,
    but had never checked before. Now, upon checking, I find that the
    default choice must be to do so. At least all the CD's I've burned to
    back up my images does have them dated as they were on the HD
    initially.

    Olin McDaniel

    On Thu, 12 Aug 2004 15:23:54 GMT, "Matt Ion" <>
    wrote:

    >Ditch Roxio, use Nero... it has an option to preserve original file dates.
    >

    >"frank1492" <> wrote in message
    >> When images are transerred to the HD, the original image dates are
    >> preserved, but when copied to CD, they are lost. (Date becomes date
    >> of transfer.)
    >> How can I see to it that the original image dates get transferred
    >> to the CD?
    >> Thanks very much.
    >> Frank
    >> P.S. Using Roxio CD Writer.

    To reply by email, please remove "abcd" from Return address
    "Ignorance is treatable, Stupidity is incurable. Sometimes
    the difference is hardly distinguishable, however."
    Olin K. McDaniel, Aug 21, 2004
  7. GlennT Dulmage wrote:

    >Right click on the column headings and choose More and then choose Date
    >Created which will become a new heading. It contains the precise time that
    >the picture was taken (keep in mind that if you are, say, in France, that
    >the time,e will be 5 hours different).

    in what software? we are talking at least three different here.
    thanks

    --
    chas
    The new Canon DSLR elist. no trolls, etc

    schuetzen - RKBA!, Aug 21, 2004
  8. frank1492

    Paul Bartram Guest

    > "Matt Ion" <> wrote:

    > How can I see to it that the original image dates get transferred to the

    CD?

    If you're using a digital camera that supports Exif, the 'Date / Time
    Original' will be retained with the original camera file. I keep all my
    originals in a separate folder (always a good idea anyway - you never know
    when you might want to try something different in your editor). This
    information can then be read in ACDSee or most other photo browsers.

    Paul
    Paul Bartram, Aug 21, 2004
  9. frank1492

    Paul Bartram Guest

    "Paul Bartram" <p.bartram AT OR NEAR optusnet.com> wrote

    > If you're using a digital camera that supports Exif, the 'Date / Time
    > Original' will be retained with the original camera file. I keep all my
    > originals in a separate folder (always a good idea anyway - you never know
    > when you might want to try something different in your editor). This
    > information can then be read in ACDSee or most other photo browsers.

    Oops, just re-read the original question, which refers to CD transfers. I
    guess the above advice would only help if you a) checked back with your
    originals on the HD or b) transferred the originals to CD (depending on the
    size of the files, practical or not so...)

    Paul
    Paul Bartram, Aug 21, 2004