    sound?

    Do you recommend Flash cards (or similar)?

    Thanks, chobb

    chobb, Jul 16, 2004

  2. chobb

    PlazticSoul Guest

    "chobb" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    >I have booked 2 training courses for A+. Each one is a 5-day course:
    > Hardware mid-August and OS mid-October. I also have the 5th Edition
    > Mike Meyers complete A+ book.
    >
    > How would you guys recommend I take the exam? I was thinking of
    > booking each exam 1 week after the course, and reading the Meyers book
    > in between the course finishing and the exam itself. How does this
    > sound?
    >
    > Do you recommend Flash cards (or similar)?
    >
    > Thanks, chobb

    Sure, whatever works for you. I only used the Mike Meyers book and some
    online practice tests. You should have NO problem if you take a course on
    top of that! What I did was read the Meyers book cover-to-cover and
    highlighted what I thought was most important. Memorization... I didn't
    bother with that until I was all the way through the book. Got the concepts
    down first, then went back and focused on the raw information. Flash cards
    arent necessary. Just jot down all the stuff you highlighted on some
    paper... writing it down will help you remember it better, and then you will
    have all the notes right there in front of you.

    Jason Peavey
    A+

    PlazticSoul, Jul 16, 2004

  3. How much are you paying for these courses? I passed A+ with alot of studying
    on my own just with mike meyers 5th edition.

    Fred Mathering, Jul 17, 2004
  4. chobb

    Julian Guest

    So far I have spent about $400, for 2 vouchers, 5th edition mike
    meyers book, and Learnkey's A+ Certification 11-DVD set. I just passed
    the Core, had no problems at all. Now I am going for the OS in a week
    or so. I have the DVDs available if anyone interested for a real good
    price. They helped me a lot.

    Good luck to you

    Julian, Jul 19, 2004
  5. "chobb" <> wrote in message
    > I have booked 2 training courses for A+. Each one is a 5-day course:
    > Hardware mid-August and OS mid-October. I also have the 5th Edition
    > Mike Meyers complete A+ book.
    >
    > How would you guys recommend I take the exam? I was thinking of
    > booking each exam 1 week after the course, and reading the Meyers book
    > in between the course finishing and the exam itself. How does this
    > sound?
    >
    > Do you recommend Flash cards (or similar)?

    I think I would cancel out of each class. You aren't going to learn
    anything during a 5-day class that you couldn't just as easily learn on your
    own. If you have a system you can take apart, and access to some different
    Operating Systems (Windows 98, WIndows 2000 and Windows XP are all you
    really need), you've got everything you need to pass both A+ tests.

    Patrick Michael, Jul 19, 2004
  6. chobb

    TechGeekPro Guest

    On Jul 18, 2004 "LadyTech" blathered:

    > .... what I call a "closet computer" (spare) :)

    You really should encourage your computers to "come out of the closet".

    --
    TechGeekPro - MCSA, A+, Net+, i-Net+

    TechGeekPro, Jul 19, 2004
  7. chobb

    chobb Guest

    "Fred Mathering" <> wrote in message news:<yu%Jc.46659$ek5.22850@pd7tw2no>...
    > How much are you paying for these courses? I passed A+ with alot of studying
    > on my own just with mike meyers 5th edition.
    >
    > "chobb" <> wrote in message
    > > I have booked 2 training courses for A+. Each one is a 5-day course:
    > > Hardware mid-August and OS mid-October. I also have the 5th Edition
    > > Mike Meyers complete A+ book.
    > >
    > > How would you guys recommend I take the exam? I was thinking of
    > > booking each exam 1 week after the course, and reading the Meyers book
    > > in between the course finishing and the exam itself. How does this
    > > sound?
    > >
    > > Do you recommend Flash cards (or similar)?
    > >
    > > Thanks, chobb

    I'm not. Work is. :)

    Otherwise I'd think twice...

    chobb, Jul 19, 2004
  8. chobb

    chobb Guest

    "Patrick Michael" <> wrote in message news:<G5EKc.10034$Wv4.4863@okepread03>...
    > "chobb" <> wrote in message
    > > I have booked 2 training courses for A+. Each one is a 5-day course:
    > > Hardware mid-August and OS mid-October. I also have the 5th Edition
    > > Mike Meyers complete A+ book.
    > >
    > > How would you guys recommend I take the exam? I was thinking of
    > > booking each exam 1 week after the course, and reading the Meyers book
    > > in between the course finishing and the exam itself. How does this
    > > sound?
    > >
    > > Do you recommend Flash cards (or similar)?
    > >

    > I think I would cancel out of each class. You aren't going to learn
    > anything during a 5-day class that you couldn't just as easily learn on your
    > own. If you have a system you can take apart, and access to some different
    > Operating Systems (Windows 98, WIndows 2000 and Windows XP are all you
    > really need), you've got everything you need to pass both A+ tests.

    Thanks for all the info guys. (Work is paying for the classes, so I'm
    going to stick with them).

    chobb

    chobb, Jul 19, 2004
  9. On 19 Jul 2004 00:33:58 -0700, (chobb)
    wrote:

    >"Patrick Michael" <> wrote in message news:<G5EKc.10034$Wv4.4863@okepread03>...
    >> "chobb" <> wrote in message
    >> > I have booked 2 training courses for A+. Each one is a 5-day course:
    >> > Hardware mid-August and OS mid-October. I also have the 5th Edition
    >> > Mike Meyers complete A+ book.
    >> >
    >> > How would you guys recommend I take the exam? I was thinking of
    >> > booking each exam 1 week after the course, and reading the Meyers book
    >> > in between the course finishing and the exam itself. How does this
    >> > sound?
    >> >
    >> > Do you recommend Flash cards (or similar)?
    >> >

    >> I think I would cancel out of each class. You aren't going to learn
    >> anything during a 5-day class that you couldn't just as easily learn on your
    >> own. If you have a system you can take apart, and access to some different
    >> Operating Systems (Windows 98, WIndows 2000 and Windows XP are all you
    >> really need), you've got everything you need to pass both A+ tests.

    >Thanks for all the info guys. (Work is paying for the classes, so I'm
    >going to stick with them).

    Good plan...accept anything you can get (legally) for free.

    Tom

    Tom MacIntyre, Jul 19, 2004
  10. chobb

    birinci Guest

    if you think that your resources are not enough you can visit the web
    site pcguide.com.
    it has really detailed resources about hardware such as case, power,
    cpu, motherboard, memory, hdd...
    ==============

    birinci, Jul 29, 2004
  11. chobb

    O/Siris Guest

    In article <>,
    -spam.invalid says...
    > if you think that your resources are not enough you can visit the web
    > site pcguide.com.
    > it has really detailed resources about hardware such as case, power,
    > cpu, motherboard, memory, hdd...
    > For this group's frequently asked questions, check out www.CertFAQ.com

    This alone makes me glad I came back, after a long hiatus. I'd
    forgotten about that site.

    --
    RØß
    O/Siris