    to do it with vb.net track. and is it possible for me to
    prepare it while staying at home. i've already done work
    in vb.net and asp.net and sql server 2000.
    vicky, Oct 4, 2003

  2. vicky

    Jaime Guest

    http://www.microsoft.com/traincert/mcp/mcsd/requirementsdot
    net.asp

    Jaime, Oct 4, 2003

  3. vicky

    Rich Guest

    Vicki...

    Just one opinion, of course, but I don't see why you
    would not be able to learn what you need for MCSD at
    home. The main thing is to have a good machine with
    Visual Studio.net, IIS, and SQL Server 2000 installed on
    it.

    Most of what I've learned so far has been from reading
    books and trying things out. To me, if I can't make it
    work, then it probably means I don't understand it.

    Maybe other have a different approach, but I wouldn't
    even try without a decent platform to work on.

    As far as specific books are concerned, there's a lot of
    good suggestions on this board - and other places, too.
    Different people have different preferences, but it
    doesn't seem like there's any "silver bullets".

    HTH,
    Rich

    Rich, Oct 5, 2003
  4. vicky

    sohal Guest

    Hi,

    Here's the list you may find useful.

    1) MCSD for Microsoft .NET Certification Requirements

    http://www.microsoft.com/traincert/mcp/mcsd/requirementsdot
    net.asp

    2) Sample Course Modules
    http://www.microsoft.com/traincert/training/samples/develop
    er.asp

    3) New Exam Question Types and Testlet Exam Format
    http://www.microsoft.com/traincert/mcpexams/policies/innova
    tions.asp

    Downloadable stuff is the most important thing I suppose
    as it gives you the clear idea as to how the exam is
    really going to be.

    sohal, Oct 9, 2003
  5. vicky

    Deacon Guest

    I purchased the Microsoft Press book for each test. I then read each
    chapter and did each example (typed each one in and compiled it myself
    to make sure I understood it, no copy and paste from the example CD).
    This took alot of effort because I had to read about 100 pages each
    day and do the examples. Over a month or two my brain began to hurt,
    but I made it.. Passed all of the test using this rather old school
    method...

    Oh yea, and get practice exams, they help quite bit if your a bad test
    taker like me.

    Deacon

    Deacon, Oct 9, 2003
  6. vicky

    Kline Sphere Guest

    >Oh yea, and get practice exams, they help quite bit if your a bad test
    >taker like me.

    Given the format of these exams, I can't quite see how anyone could be
    considered a 'bad test taken'. After all you are given the answers and
    simply have to choose the right one from he list. It's not like you
    have to write a 10,000 word dissertation in 5 hours.
    Kline Sphere, Oct 9, 2003
  7. vicky

    procyk01 Guest

    Read a lot of programming books, try out everything,
    including setups and installations, work on a variety of
    projects, and stay away from test preparation books and
    software. They give you a false sense of security or the
    opposite, a feeling that you'll never pass. There's
    nothing like knowing the material cold by experience. The
    last time I used test prep books and test software was for
    VB5. There was no comparison to the real test.
    jp
    procyk01, Oct 10, 2003