How to prepare for MCAD

Discussion in 'MCAD' started by Neelam, Feb 4, 2004.

  1. Neelam

    Neelam Guest

    Hi,

    I am planning to appear for MCAD exams. I am already a
    Computer Engg familiar with ASP and VB. I would like to
    know which core exam nos and elective exam no are
    suitable for me.

    I have no idea about .Net. As a beginner how should i
    start with. Which sites and books should i refer to. i
    don't have the.ent freamework installed on my PC. can i
    get a free version on the site where i can download from.
    Also not aware of what exactly is needed to install on
    PC.On Microsoft.com download link u have variety of .net
    stuff to download but what exactly i should download i
    don't understand i am bit confused. can u plz suggest me
    some good books and sites. Also i could get the Fee
    structure details of the MCAD exam Can u plz tell me the
    site name where i can get the fee details.

    Where can i find the sample test patterns. what is the
    passing criteria for each exam. total how many questions
    each exam contain and time alloted for each exam.

    plz help me.

    Thanks.

    Neelam, Feb 4, 2004

  2. Neelam

    Hermit Dave Guest

    one post is good enough.. we can hear ya...

    Basic info on what MCP/MCAD/MCSD is
    http://www.microsoft.com/learning/

    pointers to the right places...
    MCP.. you give one exam you become MCP
    http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mcp/mcp/default.asp

    MCAD.. do 3 select MCP exmas and you become MCAD
    http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mcp/mcad/default.asp

    MCSD.. do all the required MCPs for a particular stream and you become MCSD
    http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mcp/mcsd/default.asp

    Note: This is a newsgroup. We are here to help you with issues with
    MCAD/MCSD
    we are not here to send you dumps or tell you where to find them... if you
    have technical questions we will be more than glad to help you out...
    we do not email any newsletters. or material as a matter of fact

    you can find info on how to prepare at http://www.microsoft.com

    For .NET certification(s) MCP/ MCAD/ MCSD:
    you have 55 questions
    passing score is 700 of 1000
    its a 2 hour exam (plus 15 mins for tutorial + 15 for comments)
    it costs 103.something GBP in uk...
    you can find out the cost for your country at
    www.2test.com

    Also... you can take the exam in any order.. start with elective or a core
    MCP
    the only requirement is that you do the least number of MCPs required for
    your cert

    For starting on .net download the sdk at
    http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...a6-3647-4070-9f41-a333c6b9181d&DisplayLang=en

    and since you dont know a thing bout .NET i would advice you to forget about
    certification cause you dont know enough.

    --
    Regards,
    HD

    Hermit Dave, Feb 4, 2004