How to prepare for MCAD

Discussion in 'MCAD' started by Neelam, Feb 4, 2004.

  1. Neelam

    Neelam Guest

    Hi Sharmila,

    I am planning to appear for MCAD exams. I am already a
    Computer Engg familiar with ASP and VB. I would like to
    know which core exam nos and elective exam no are
    suitable for me.

    I have no idea about .Net. As a beginner how should i
    start with. Which sites and books should i refer to. i
    don't have the.ent freamework installed on my PC. can i
    get a free version on the site where i can download from.
    Also not aware of what exactly is needed to install on
    PC.On Microsoft.com download link u have variety of .net
    stuff to download but what exactly i should download i
    don't understand i am bit confused. can u plz suggest me
    some good books and sites. Also i could get the Fee
    structure details of the MCAD exam Can u plz tell me the
    site name where i can get the fee details.

    plz help me.

    Thanks.
    Neelam, Feb 4, 2004

  2. Neelam

    Sharmila Guest

    Hi Neelam,

    You r computer engg thats great.For u actually it should
    not be difficult getting into a new language.As you
    already know ASP VB u should easily adapt to .Net . But u
    should know .Net is completly new and different. You need
    not know aany basic langauge eg ASP and all to start.But u
    need to know basic programming.
    As far as which core or electives goes u need to select on
    which area u r working or want to work.
    1. Web or Windows based
    2. Laguange: VB , C# , XML,SQL Server etc
    For eg I am at present studing for exam - 305 i.e Web
    based with ASP.Net.For a elective i am thinking of exam-
    229 for SQL server.I am floating on other core exam!!
    U just explore the microsoft site and each exam, they have
    given quite a bit of information for which each exam
    stands for and who should take it and all..
    As far as books r concerned I am using book by Mike
    Gaundary ...I just decided depending on the reviews for
    the book on sites.It is turned out to be one good book as
    the reviews said.I did not read good reviews for MS books
    so did not go for them. Before going for any book just see
    reviews as much as possible and try to get news from
    people who have used them.Eg this group...But never a book
    is enough ..u need to explore...so just catch a book ..get
    the basics..rest depends upon working on it more and more
    right !

    I hope i have been helpfull here...
    Goood Luck

    Sharmila, Feb 4, 2004