    I dont have much resources for preparation apart from that book.

    Thanks
    Varun

    Varun, May 6, 2007

  2. Varun

    Aotearoa Guest

    Hello Varun,

    The book is not enough by itself but if you also work on the subjects
    covered using MSDN or any other free resources you can have access too it
    will be sufficient.
    Be aware thought that the level of abstraction of the exam is different from
    the one you have in the book, so when using the kit to do practice test, be
    sure you achieve the highest score possible.

    Aotearoa, May 19, 2007

  3. Varun

    lisha Guest

    Re: How to Prepare for 70-536

    On May 6, 9:47 pm, Varun <> wrote:
    > Hi All
    >
    > I am Varun from India. Recently I have planned for MCTS Web developer path.
    > I would like to know that whether self paced book from microsoft is
    > sufficeint for taking the exam??
    >
    > I dont have much resources for preparation apart from that book.
    >
    > Thanks
    > Varun

    Hi Varun
    Did you find much information about the exam..am also..planning to
    give the exam but could not find..much..don't know if taking some
    class woud help

    lisha, May 23, 2007
  4. Varun

    Ashwin Guest

    I'm taking the test on Friday - so this comes from someone who's not
    appeared; take it for what it's worth....

    Here's what I've done. I was told what Aotearoa said below, so I studied
    from the book until I felt I knew the material sufficiently. Then I went
    through the list of exam requirements on MSDN, and made a list of everything
    that the book did not cover. I used the resources on MSDN as suggested below
    - the material on MSDN is good in some cases - esp where overviews of things
    are concerned. In some cases, I found the material to be lacking even there
    (one example is NativeOverlapped, another is PermissionRequestEvidence, there
    are quite of few of these). In some of these situations, I found web sites
    that show examples.

    I also learned from asking various people who've taken the test, that test
    preparation software such as MeasureUp and Transcender was helpful. I chose
    Transcender because I was told that there is no time limit for the license
    and one can install it on multiple machines. Can't be 100% sure of this about
    whether MeasureUp's license expires or not, but in any case, I went with
    Transcender (incidentally, note that the tests in the book are "powered by
    MeasureUp"). I can tell you that it has definitely helped me by a mile. I
    feel that the tests that come with the book are far, far simpler than the
    tests that are on Transcender. Also, the latter pointed me to parts of MSDN
    that I had not seen before.

    My confidence level is definitely higher by using MSDN and Transcender. I
    would definitely not go only with the book - I have compiled material around
    90 pages in length above and beyond that book using these two sources and the
    web.

    Hope this helps,

    Ashwin

    Ashwin, May 28, 2007