how to play DivX movies

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Richard Pearrell, Sep 2, 2006.

  1. I downloaded some DivX movies form a gay porn website, but they don't
    play in Windows Media Player. Anybody know how to play DivX files?
    Richard Pearrell, Sep 2, 2006

  2. Richard Pearrell

    Sven Guest

    "Richard Pearrell" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    >I downloaded some DivX movies form a gay porn website, but they don't
    > play in Windows Media Player. Anybody know how to play DivX files?

    Go to Google, type DIVX player into the search bar, hit enter or
    Search button. It's all free.

    Sven, Sep 2, 2006

  3. Richard Pearrell

    Guest

    , Sep 2, 2006
  4. Richard Pearrell

    Guest

    wrote:
    > "Richard Pearrell" <> wrote:
    >
    > >I downloaded some DivX movies form a gay porn website, but they don't
    > >play in Windows Media Player. Anybody know how to play DivX files?

    > VLC will http://www.videolan.org/vlc/features.html and it's a very
    > good program.

    Hmm. Maybe you didn't read his original post... Or you don't know shit
    about video codecs.. one or the other... VCL isn't bad, but it's
    bloated for it's purposes. Windows media player classic isn't bloated,
    but it too requires you to install the video codec. DivX doesn't ehh,
    come with windows. :)

    He needs to install the codec... shrug, no codec, no video, no matter
    what player you use.

    He can probably/most likely just install the Keopi build of xvid and it
    should playback his.. video files fine.

    DivX and XviD both require the codec to play them back on your
    PC/mac/whatever. No codec, no video. Audio only, assuming it's mp3/wav
    and not necessarily AC3.

    --
    Dustin
    Author of BugHunter - MalWare Removal Tool
  5. Richard Pearrell

    Guest

    Richard Pearrell wrote:
    > I downloaded some DivX movies form a gay porn website, but they don't
    > play in Windows Media Player. Anybody know how to play DivX files?

    I don't care what the video content is, personally. It's none of my
    business. goto www.divx.com, download the free divx player, it'll
    install the divx codec, your video should play in windows media
    player/whatever player you like then.

    You can also install the Keopi build of the XviD codec and it'll
    probably playback fine as well. DivX and XviD are based originally on
    the same sources.. One went the commercial route, one remained open
    source. It's a matter of personal preference which one you use.

    --
    Dustin
    Author of BugHunter - MalWare Removal Tool
    http://bughunter.it-mate.co.uk
    , Sep 2, 2006
  6. Richard Pearrell

    cuntbubble Guest

    cuntbubble, Sep 2, 2006
  7. Richard Pearrell

    Guest

    wrote:

    > wrote:
    >> "Richard Pearrell" <> wrote:
    >>
    >> >I downloaded some DivX movies form a gay porn website, but they don't
    >> >play in Windows Media Player. Anybody know how to play DivX files?

    >> VLC will http://www.videolan.org/vlc/features.html and it's a very
    >> good program.

    >Hmm. Maybe you didn't read his original post... Or you don't know shit
    >about video codecs.. one or the other... VCL isn't bad, but it's
    >bloated for it's purposes. Windows media player classic isn't bloated,
    >but it too requires you to install the video codec. DivX doesn't ehh,
    >come with windows. :)

    I'll give you that one/both, and a lesson learn'd.

    I just play'd a DivX with VLC and it work'd fine.
    -because-
    Long ago I installed about every codec I'll ever need, and had
    forgotten about it; things just play.

    No, I don't know $#it about codecs, other than to use G_SPOT.

    --

    http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/nova/elegant/program.html
    , Sep 2, 2006
  8. Richard Pearrell

    Guest

    wrote:

    > I'll give you that one/both, and a lesson learn'd.

    :)

    > I just play'd a DivX with VLC and it work'd fine.
    > -because-
    > Long ago I installed about every codec I'll ever need, and had
    > forgotten about it; things just play.

    damn man! I'd hate to do encoding work on your box. You don't need
    every damn codec under the sun. :)

    > No, I don't know $#it about codecs, other than to use G_SPOT.

    A difference of opinion. Most people who do encoding work.. ehh, dvd
    rips for you neophytes, only install the codecs we need for the tasks.
    Installing every codec under the sun is asking for problems. Not all
    codecs get along with each other, some codecs will kill others, and
    some applications will have a shitfit depending on your selection of
    codecs...