    Now when you open a site with embedded media, you get a dialog box asking
    what to do with it.
    Instead of the item being played/viewed with the default Quick time crap.
    Richard, Dec 27, 2004

  2. Richard

    Timberwolf Guest

    > Go into the tools menu and click options.
    > Click downloads.
    > Click plugins at the bottom right corner.
    > Go through the list of media items and uncheck the item.
    > Now when you open a site with embedded media, you get a dialog box asking
    > what to do with it.
    > Instead of the item being played/viewed with the default Quick time crap.

    So what have you against QuickTime?
    Timberwolf, Dec 27, 2004

  3. Richard

    docmill Guest

    "Timberwolf" <> wrote in

    > "Richard" <Anonymous@127.001> wrote in message
    >> Go into the tools menu and click options.
    >> Click downloads.
    >> Click plugins at the bottom right corner.
    >> Go through the list of media items and uncheck the item.
    >> Now when you open a site with embedded media, you get a dialog box
    >> asking what to do with it.
    >> Instead of the item being played/viewed with the default Quick time
    >> crap.
    >>

    > So what have you against QuickTime?

    It's a program that worms it's way into your startup and doesn't let you
    shut it out.
    http://www.free-codecs.com/download/QuickTime_Alternative.htm

    --
    +++++++++++ SEND ME A LINK +++++++++++
    docmill, Dec 27, 2004
  4. Richard

    Richard Guest

    docmill wrote:

    > "Timberwolf" <> wrote in

    >> "Richard" <Anonymous@127.001> wrote in message
    >>> Go into the tools menu and click options.
    >>> Click downloads.
    >>> Click plugins at the bottom right corner.
    >>> Go through the list of media items and uncheck the item.
    >>> Now when you open a site with embedded media, you get a dialog box
    >>> asking what to do with it.
    >>> Instead of the item being played/viewed with the default Quick time
    >>> crap.
    >>>

    >> So what have you against QuickTime?
    >>

    > It's a program that worms it's way into your startup and doesn't let you
    > shut it out.
    > http://www.free-codecs.com/download/QuickTime_Alternative.htm

    Oh yes you can shut it out. But you have to do it during the install.
    Read every checked item before accepting it.
    Most people don't bother so they wind up with a thing that takes control.
    The only time I see quick time is when I want to see it.
    Richard, Dec 27, 2004
  5. Richard

    Richard Guest

    Timberwolf wrote:

    > "Richard" <Anonymous@127.001> wrote in message
    >> Go into the tools menu and click options.
    >> Click downloads.
    >> Click plugins at the bottom right corner.
    >> Go through the list of media items and uncheck the item.
    >> Now when you open a site with embedded media, you get a dialog box asking
    >> what to do with it.
    >> Instead of the item being played/viewed with the default Quick time crap.
    >>

    > So what have you against QuickTime?

    Nothing. Good for it's intended purpose, but Apple insists it takes control
    just like all those times you get AOL shoved in your face.
    Read what you're accepting before blindly moving on.
    Richard, Dec 27, 2004
  6. Richard

    docmill Guest

    "Richard" <Anonymous@127.001> wrote in news::

    > docmill wrote:
    >
    >> "Timberwolf" <> wrote in

    >>> "Richard" <Anonymous@127.001> wrote in message
    >>>>

    >>> So what have you against QuickTime?
    >>>

    >> It's a program that worms it's way into your startup and doesn't let you
    >> shut it out.
    >> http://www.free-codecs.com/download/QuickTime_Alternative.htm

    > Oh yes you can shut it out. But you have to do it during the install.
    > Read every checked item before accepting it.
    > Most people don't bother so they wind up with a thing that takes control.
    > The only time I see quick time is when I want to see it.

    It wasn't me that installed it. I don't have that problem. Maybe you and
    Quicktime can get a grip on posting. If I wanted that shit on my machine,
    I could do it without the menu and your help.

    --
    +++++++++++ SEND ME A LINK +++++++++++
    docmill, Dec 27, 2004
  7. Richard

    Timberwolf Guest

    "docmill" <> wrote in message
    > "Richard" <Anonymous@127.001> wrote in news::
    >
    >> docmill wrote:
    >>
    >>> "Timberwolf" <> wrote in

    >>> It's a program that worms it's way into your startup and doesn't let you
    >>> shut it out.
    >>> http://www.free-codecs.com/download/QuickTime_Alternative.htm

    >> Oh yes you can shut it out. But you have to do it during the install.
    >> Read every checked item before accepting it.
    >> Most people don't bother so they wind up with a thing that takes control.
    >> The only time I see quick time is when I want to see it.
    >>

    > It wasn't me that installed it. I don't have that problem. Maybe you and
    > Quicktime can get a grip on posting. If I wanted that shit on my machine,
    > I could do it without the menu and your help.
    >
    > --
    > +++++++++++ SEND ME A LINK +++++++++++
    > docmill's Home Of HotLinks In The Frying SPAM

    Glad to have helped docmill,read and understand the screens when you load
    progs along with association options.
    It seems from your comments that you should refrain from posting untill you
    complete your courses.
    This is supposed to be a helpdesk--not slag off desk.
    Quicktime is almost an industry standard for web media now,and very
    effective it is,keeps most streamable media to a managable download (yes
    some folks still have 56k).
    Granted there are some that do it better,but to dissmiss it is not an option
    for most folks----blindly clicking yes is the main problem---would you sign
    cheques the same way???
    Timberwolf, Dec 27, 2004