How to Operate a Cowbell / Need Book or DVD

Discussion in 'DVD Video' started by farmerjoe101@h-tm-il.com, Jan 12, 2005.

  1. Guest

    I just moved from New York city to a big five acre ranch & farm. The
    first thing I did was get a herd of cattle. Thirty of them arrived
    the day before, fifty arrived yesterday, and the last twenty arrived
    today. I am going to start to milk them in a few weeks, as soon as
    the landlord gets the electricity to work in the dark barn so I can
    see in there. This is the first time I have ever had any cattle so I
    am trying to learn how to do all this stuff. When I bought them from
    a retiring farmer he threw in a few tools and things. He gave me some
    sort of tool to castrate the cows, a cowbell, a few buckets, some sort
    of things connected to a hose with four rubber thingies on the end,
    plus a bottle of iodine in case I get hurt.

    All of this makes pretty much sense except for the cowbell. I am not
    sure how to operate a cowbell. Do they sell books or DVD movies to
    explain how to use a cowbell?

    Ex City slicker and now FARMER Joe

    PS. I traded in my 3 piece suit and tie for a really cool tractor.
    It's a 5hp lawnboy, so I'm all set to till the fields and plant the
    tomatoes to feed my cattle. This is so exciting.

    , Jan 12, 2005

  2. millsy Guest

    wrote:
    > I just moved from New York city to a big five acre ranch & farm. The
    > first thing I did was get a herd of cattle. Thirty of them arrived
    > the day before, fifty arrived yesterday, and the last twenty arrived
    > today. I am going to start to milk them in a few weeks, as soon as
    > the landlord gets the electricity to work in the dark barn so I can
    > see in there. This is the first time I have ever had any cattle so I
    > am trying to learn how to do all this stuff. When I bought them from
    > a retiring farmer he threw in a few tools and things. He gave me some
    > sort of tool to castrate the cows, a cowbell, a few buckets, some sort
    > of things connected to a hose with four rubber thingies on the end,
    > plus a bottle of iodine in case I get hurt.
    >
    > All of this makes pretty much sense except for the cowbell. I am not
    > sure how to operate a cowbell. Do they sell books or DVD movies to
    > explain how to use a cowbell?
    >
    > Ex City slicker and now FARMER Joe
    >
    > PS. I traded in my 3 piece suit and tie for a really cool tractor.
    > It's a 5hp lawnboy, so I'm all set to till the fields and plant the
    > tomatoes to feed my cattle. This is so exciting.

    Firstly have you got a video camera? If not borrow one. Set it up and
    press record. Get the cow and your tractor into the shot.
    Now tie the cowbell around your neck, put a bucket on your head, tie the
    hose to your tractor and tuck the "four rubber thingies" into your belt.
    Make sure you have the iodine close and now you may begin trying to
    castrate the cow. Please post the resultant video in this group.
    PS. Use the cowbell to alert your neighbours to your plight if
    incapacitated or as a warning signal whilst you are riding your tractor
    to the local hospital ;-)

    millsy, Jan 12, 2005

  3. Joe S Guest

    millsy wrote:
    > wrote:
    >
    >> I just moved from New York city to a big five acre ranch & farm. The
    >> first thing I did was get a herd of cattle. Thirty of them arrived
    >> the day before, fifty arrived yesterday, and the last twenty arrived
    >> today. I am going to start to milk them in a few weeks, as soon as
    >> the landlord gets the electricity to work in the dark barn so I can
    >> see in there. This is the first time I have ever had any cattle so I
    >> am trying to learn how to do all this stuff. When I bought them from
    >> a retiring farmer he threw in a few tools and things. He gave me some
    >> sort of tool to castrate the cows, a cowbell, a few buckets, some sort
    >> of things connected to a hose with four rubber thingies on the end,
    >> plus a bottle of iodine in case I get hurt.
    >>
    >> All of this makes pretty much sense except for the cowbell. I am not
    >> sure how to operate a cowbell. Do they sell books or DVD movies to
    >> explain how to use a cowbell?
    >>
    >> Ex City slicker and now FARMER Joe
    >>
    >> PS. I traded in my 3 piece suit and tie for a really cool tractor.
    >> It's a 5hp lawnboy, so I'm all set to till the fields and plant the
    >> tomatoes to feed my cattle. This is so exciting.
    >>

    > Firstly have you got a video camera? If not borrow one. Set it up and
    > press record. Get the cow and your tractor into the shot.
    > Now tie the cowbell around your neck, put a bucket on your head, tie the
    > hose to your tractor and tuck the "four rubber thingies" into your belt.
    > Make sure you have the iodine close and now you may begin trying to
    > castrate the cow. Please post the resultant video in this group.
    > PS. Use the cowbell to alert your neighbours to your plight if
    > incapacitated or as a warning signal whilst you are riding your tractor
    > to the local hospital ;-)

    I've got a fever and the only prescription is MORE COWBELL.

    I've GOTTA have MORE COWBELL, baby!

    Joe

    Joe S, Jan 12, 2005
  4. Nonymous Guest

    "Joe S" <> wrote in message
    > millsy wrote:
    >> wrote:
    >>
    >>> I just moved from New York city to a big five acre ranch & farm. The
    >>> first thing I did was get a herd of cattle. Thirty of them arrived
    >>> the day before, fifty arrived yesterday, and the last twenty arrived
    >>> today. I am going to start to milk them in a few weeks, as soon as
    >>> the landlord gets the electricity to work in the dark barn so I can
    >>> see in there. This is the first time I have ever had any cattle so I
    >>> am trying to learn how to do all this stuff. When I bought them from
    >>> a retiring farmer he threw in a few tools and things. He gave me some
    >>> sort of tool to castrate the cows, a cowbell, a few buckets, some sort
    >>> of things connected to a hose with four rubber thingies on the end,
    >>> plus a bottle of iodine in case I get hurt.
    >>>
    >>> All of this makes pretty much sense except for the cowbell. I am not
    >>> sure how to operate a cowbell. Do they sell books or DVD movies to
    >>> explain how to use a cowbell?
    >>>
    >>> Ex City slicker and now FARMER Joe
    >>>
    >>> PS. I traded in my 3 piece suit and tie for a really cool tractor.
    >>> It's a 5hp lawnboy, so I'm all set to till the fields and plant the
    >>> tomatoes to feed my cattle. This is so exciting.
    >>>

    >> Firstly have you got a video camera? If not borrow one. Set it up and
    >> press record. Get the cow and your tractor into the shot.
    >> Now tie the cowbell around your neck, put a bucket on your head, tie the
    >> hose to your tractor and tuck the "four rubber thingies" into your belt.
    >> Make sure you have the iodine close and now you may begin trying to
    >> castrate the cow. Please post the resultant video in this group.
    >> PS. Use the cowbell to alert your neighbours to your plight if
    >> incapacitated or as a warning signal whilst you are riding your tractor
    >> to the local hospital ;-)

    > I've got a fever and the only prescription is MORE COWBELL.
    >
    > I've GOTTA have MORE COWBELL, baby!

    Hee hee.

    http://www.ineedmorecowbell.com/blog/000005.html

    Nonymous, Jan 12, 2005