    how i can operate the second

    Best
    Saiim

    Sahm, May 19, 2011

  2. Sahm

    Morph Guest

    In the message
    <> Sahm
    wrote:

    | Hi ever one
    |
    | I have 2 connection from router 2811 to isp but i cant operate only
    | one to internet .
    | how i can operate the second

    What exactly do you want to do with the second connection?
    You can configure it as a standby internet link using the IP SLA
    feature. When the first internet link would go down the router would
    automaticaly switch to the second.
    https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-6078

    Morph, May 19, 2011

  3. Sahm

    Guest

    On 5月20æ—¥, 上åˆ12時19分, Sahm <> wrote:
    > Hi ever one
    >
    > I have 2 connection from router 2811 to isp but i cant operate only
    > one to internet .
    > how i can operate the second
    >
    > Best
    > Saiim

    There are many combinations for your question :
    1. your router to one ISP
    2. your router to two individual ISPs

    Which option ?

    Further to your questions:
    1. do you have own IP subnets ( not loaned from local ISP ) ?
    2. do you have own BGP ASN number ?

    If "no" to the above questions, you may have the following questions:
    1. two network links for incoming traffic only ?
    2. two network links for outgoing traffic only ? ( WAN load-balancer
    is OK )
    3. two network links for both incoming and outgoing traffic ?
    ( further discussion )

    , May 20, 2011
  4. Sahm

    Sahm Guest

    On May 20, 7:02 am, "" <>
    wrote:
    > On 5月20æ—¥, 上åˆ12時19分, Sahm <> wrote:
    >
    > > Hi ever one

    > > I have 2 connection from router 2811 to isp but i cant operate only
    > > one to internet .
    > > how i can operate the second

    > > Best
    > > Saiim

    > There are many combinations for your question :
    > 1. your router to one ISP
    > 2. your router to two individual ISPs
    >
    > Which option ?
    >
    > Further to your questions:
    > 1. do you have own IP subnets ( not loaned from local ISP )  ?
    > 2. do you have own BGP ASN number ?
    >
    > If "no" to the above questions, you may have the following questions:
    > 1. two network links for incoming traffic only ?
    > 2. two network links for outgoing traffic only ? ( WAN load-balancer
    > is OK )
    > 3. two network links for both incoming and outgoing traffic ?
    > ( further discussion )

    HI
    Thank you for your reply
    What I have are 2 connection. the first is leased line with internet
    access and public IP. the second connection is ADSL, and both line
    connect to one router cisco 2811.
    my Q? are
    1- How can I configure the 2 connection to work as load balance.
    2- How can I configure the router to manage the traffic to use one of
    the connection depending on protocols to or ports ?

    Best

    Salim

    Sahm, May 20, 2011
  5. Sahm

    Guest

    On 5月20æ—¥, 下åˆ2時56分, Sahm <> wrote:
    > On May 20, 7:02 am, "" <>
    > wrote:
    >

    > > On 5月20æ—¥, 上åˆ12時19分, Sahm <> wrote:

    > > > Hi ever one

    > > > I have 2 connection from router 2811 to isp but i cant operate only
    > > > one to internet .
    > > > how i can operate the second

    > > > Best
    > > > Saiim

    > > There are many combinations for your question :
    > > 1. your router to one ISP
    > > 2. your router to two individual ISPs

    > > Which option ?

    > > Further to your questions:
    > > 1. do you have own IP subnets ( not loaned from local ISP )  ?
    > > 2. do you have own BGP ASN number ?

    > > If "no" to the above questions, you may have the following questions:
    > > 1. two network links for incoming traffic only ?
    > > 2. two network links for outgoing traffic only ? ( WAN load-balancer
    > > is OK )
    > > 3. two network links for both incoming and outgoing traffic ?
    > > ( further discussion )

    > HI
    > Thank you for your reply
    > What I have are 2 connection. the first is leased line with internet
    > access and public IP. the second connection is ADSL, and both line
    > connect to one router cisco 2811.
    > my Q? are
    > 1- How can I configure the 2 connection to work as load balance.
    > 2- How can I configure the router to manage the traffic to use one of
    > the connection depending on protocols to or ports ?
    >
    > Best
    >
    > Salim- éš±è—被引用文字 -
    >
    > - 顯示被引用文字 -

    Hi, you seem want to surf the internet only ( but no incoming traffic
    -- no internet service to outsider ) ?

    many solutions:
    1. floating static routing
    2. dynamic routings
    3. even route map

    Cheers

    , May 20, 2011
  6. Sahm

    Sahm Guest

    On May 20, 10:11 am, "" <>
    wrote:
    > On 5月20æ—¥, 下åˆ2時56分, Sahm <> wrote:
    >

    > > On May 20, 7:02 am, "" <>
    > > wrote:

    > > > There are many combinations for your question :
    > > > 1. your router to one ISP
    > > > 2. your router to two individual ISPs

    > > > Which option ?

    > > > Further to your questions:
    > > > 1. do you have own IP subnets ( not loaned from local ISP )  ?
    > > > 2. do you have own BGP ASN number ?

    > > > If "no" to the above questions, you may have the following questions:
    > > > 1. two network links for incoming traffic only ?
    > > > 2. two network links for outgoing traffic only ? ( WAN load-balancer
    > > > is OK )
    > > > 3. two network links for both incoming and outgoing traffic ?
    > > > ( further discussion )

    > > HI
    > > Thank you for your reply
    > > What I have are 2 connection. the first is leased line with internet
    > > access and public IP. the second connection is ADSL, and both line
    > > connect to one router cisco 2811.
    > > my Q? are
    > > 1- How can I configure the 2 connection to work as load balance.
    > > 2- How can I configure the router to manage the traffic to use one of
    > > the connection depending on protocols to or ports ?

    > > Best

    > > Salim- éš±è—被引用文字 -

    > > - 顯示被引用文字 -

    > Hi, you seem want to surf the internet only ( but no incoming traffic
    > -- no internet service to outsider ) ?
    >
    > many solutions:
    > 1. floating static routing
    > 2. dynamic routings
    > 3. even route map
    >
    > Cheers

    Hi

    No, I use the leased line for VPN connection to an other side and e-
    mail service like (Exchange OWA), and the ADSL for internet only.

    Best
    Salim

    Sahm, May 20, 2011
  7. Sahm

    Guest

    On 5月20æ—¥, 下åˆ3時34分, Sahm <> wrote:
    > On May 20, 10:11 am, "" <>
    > wrote:
    >

    > > On 5月20æ—¥, 下åˆ2時56分, Sahm<> wrote:

    > > > HI
    > > > Thank you for your reply
    > > > What I have are 2 connection. the first is leased line with internet
    > > > access and public IP. the second connection is ADSL, and both line
    > > > connect to one router cisco 2811.
    > > > my Q? are
    > > > 1- How can I configure the 2 connection to work as load balance.
    > > > 2- How can I configure the router to manage the traffic to use one of
    > > > the connection depending on protocols to or ports ?

    > > > Best

    > > > Salim- éš±è—被引用文字 -

    > > > - 顯示被引用文字 -

    > > Hi, you seem want to surf the internet only ( but no incoming traffic
    > > -- no internet service to outsider ) ?

    > > many solutions:
    > > 1. floating static routing
    > > 2. dynamic routings
    > > 3. even route map

    > > Cheers

    > Hi
    >
    > No, I use the leased line for VPN connection to an other side and e-
    > mail service like (Exchange OWA), and the ADSL for internet only.
    >
    > Best
    > Salim- éš±è—被引用文字 -
    >
    > - 顯示被引用文字 -

    So you want the leased to sevice two purposes ( VPN and Exchange ) &
    and ADSL line for internet surfing ?

    Not so difficult for this solution:
    1. VPN is one internet IP mapping + Exchange
    2. default route to ADSL line ( web surfing ) ( all IP routing
    excluding the item 1 services )

    Due to IP addresses of item 1 are fixed ( loaned from the local
    ISP ? ):
    1. you can only do the load-sharing solution for these two lines; but
    no resilient network for IP VPN nor Exchange
    2. resilient network for internet surfing, if floating the default
    route...( but not the load-balance nor load-sharing for internet
    surfing )

    Cheers

    , May 20, 2011