    "Choose a Wireless network" applet to the enable / start wireless batch file.
    Howeber, I have not yet found a way to start the "Choose a Wireless network"
    applet outside of control panel. Any ideas?
    Baron, Jun 17, 2008

  2. Hi
    It is Not clear why you need the control panel.
    When using WZC a Wireless Network is chosen by clicking on the Traybar
    Network Icon, and choosing available Wireless Network.
    If you want always to choose the same Network you can can put only one
    Network in the preferred list, and check to Auto connect to it
    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    Jack \(MVP-Networking\)., Jun 18, 2008

  3. Baron

    Baron Guest

    Re: How to Open the Control Panel "Choose a Wireless network" from

    Thanks for the information. Allow me to clarify. I have a batch file on my
    laptop for my wireless card, which currently does the following two things:

    1) Enables the internal Wireless card
    2) Starts the WZC service

    The third item that I would like to add to this batch file is the ability to
    open the "Choose a Wireless Network" window (Control Panel | Network
    Connections | Wireless Network) to show all available networks in range.

    Batch File Goal:
    1) Enables the internal Wireless card
    2) Starts the WZC service
    3) Open "Choose a Wireless Network" window

    I have been able to create a link to the "Choose a Wireless Network" window.
    However, target shows the is {BA126ADB-2166-11D1-B1D0-00805FC1270E}, which I
    believe is a class, but I don't know how to find the program to run in order
    to open this window.

    How can I trace the class number to a program?

    Screen Shot:
    http://pinchy.netfirms.com/image.gif

    Baron, Jun 18, 2008
  4. Baron

    Baron Guest

    Re: How to Open the Control Panel "Choose a Wireless network" from

    I was not able to find a simple solution to executing a link in a batch file
    where the link target shows a class
    "{BA126ADB-2166-11D1-B1D0-00805FC1270E}". However, I was able to create a
    work-around using AutoIt3 with just a few lins of code. Too bad the simple
    link could not have been more straigth forward!

    Baron, Jun 25, 2008
  5. Baron

    blinkdt Guest

    Re: How to Open the Control Panel "Choose a Wireless network" from

    Baron, can you share your AutoIt code with us? I ended up using AutoIt to
    execute a shortcut to "Connect to" renamed to "Connect" and placed in the
    same directory like so:

    ShellExecute("C:\Program Files\WiFi\Connect.lnk")

    But I would like to dispense with the shortcut entirely. Any ideas are
    greatly appreciated, this one has me stumped.

    blinkdt, Dec 10, 2008
  6. Baron

    Baron Guest

    Re: How to Open the Control Panel "Choose a Wireless network" from

    blinkdt,

    You can find the example code on the Code Examples tab of my site:
    http://autoit2.netfirms.com/public/

    Hope this helps.

    Baron, Dec 10, 2008