    Some avi files are compressed into multiple rar archives. I prefer
    previewing it before downloading them all. Supposing I downloaded only
    one volumn of those split rar files, can I extract it in any way?
    MatrixV, Nov 18, 2005

  2. MatrixV

    SUMMONER Guest

    If you open the file in WinRAR and press the extract button you will see
    a button on the left hand menu "keep broken files", that will prevent
    WinRAR from deleting the incomplete file after the extraction fails.
    Notice, you need to download the first volumes out of the multipart
    archive, not just any.

    The other, better way (which only works under certain circumstances) is
    using VideoLANs preview function.
    Drag one volume out of a multipart archive into video lan and it will
    play the video snippet.

    VideoLAN = http://www.videolan.org

    SUMMONER, Nov 18, 2005

  3. MatrixV

    MatrixV Guest

    SUMMONER wrote:
    > If you open the file in WinRAR and press the extract button you will see
    > a button on the left hand menu "keep broken files", that will prevent
    > WinRAR from deleting the incomplete file after the extraction fails.
    > Notice, you need to download the first volumes out of the multipart
    > archive, not just any.
    >

    > The other, better way (which only works under certain circumstances) is
    > using VideoLANs preview function.
    > Drag one volume out of a multipart archive into video lan and it will
    > play the video snippet.
    >
    > VideoLAN = http://www.videolan.org
    >
    > MatrixV wrote:
    > > Some avi files are compressed into multiple rar archives. I prefer
    > > previewing it before downloading them all. Supposing I downloaded only
    > > one volumn of those split rar files, can I extract it in any way?

    Thank you. The idea is downloading the first volumn.
    MatrixV, Nov 19, 2005
  4. MatrixV

    SUMMONER Guest

    MatrixV wrote:
    > SUMMONER wrote:
    >
    >>If you open the file in WinRAR and press the extract button you will see
    >>a button on the left hand menu "keep broken files", that will prevent
    >>WinRAR from deleting the incomplete file after the extraction fails.
    >>Notice, you need to download the first volumes out of the multipart
    >>archive, not just any.
    >>

    >>The other, better way (which only works under certain circumstances) is
    >>using VideoLANs preview function.
    >>Drag one volume out of a multipart archive into video lan and it will
    >>play the video snippet.
    >>
    >>VideoLAN = http://www.videolan.org
    >>
    >>MatrixV wrote:
    >>
    >>>Some avi files are compressed into multiple rar archives. I prefer
    >>>previewing it before downloading them all. Supposing I downloaded only
    >>>one volumn of those split rar files, can I extract it in any way?
    >>>

    > Thank you. The idea is downloading the first volumn.

    For VideoLAN? The sets I tried on VideoLAN worked with any of their
    volumes (didn't try all of em so), or not at all (ie: folder structure
    inside the rar or bin file type cd image being used.).

    Kind Regards

    Malte
    SUMMONER, Nov 19, 2005
  5. MatrixV

    mark2

    Joined:
    Aug 26, 2012
    Messages:
    1

    Thanks for the info. I had been looking whole internet and no one had given advice as you did. Finally I could uncompress my encomlete rar set ..
    mark2, Aug 26, 2012