    do NOT want them to connect to the root on land. Thanks so much for
    any help,
    Michael hilton

    MichaelHilton, May 20, 2004

  2. MichaelHilton

    Dan Lanciani Guest

    In article <>, (MichaelHilton) writes:
    | Hello all-
    | I have a br350 that is a root bridge, and then i have a non-root
    | bridge. Is there a way to force all clients to connect to the
    | non-root bridge?

    One approach is to configure each client with a specific (mandatory)
    access point list. For Aironet clients you can generally specify
    up to four parents with an infinite timeout.

    Another approach would be to set a MAC list on the root bridge to permit
    only the non-root bridge and no other clients.

    Finally, if the 350 series bridges still have the "bridge mode" attribute
    you could set this to "bridge only" rather than "access point" to allow
    only bridges as clients.

    Dan Lanciani
    ddl@danlan.*com

    Dan Lanciani, May 20, 2004