    do this unless I'm making a music cd. What I want to do is make me a
    mp3 dvd where all the music's volume's are the same. It's annoying
    having to turn the volume up for 1 song and down for another.
    Kyote, Apr 16, 2006

  2. Kyote

    dadiOH Guest

    Kyote wrote:
    > Does anyone know of a good free program for normalizing the volume of
    > hundreds of mp3's?
    >
    > I use Nero 7 for burning most things but I can't seem to find a way to
    > do this unless I'm making a music cd. What I want to do is make me a
    > mp3 dvd where all the music's volume's are the same. It's annoying
    > having to turn the volume up for 1 song and down for another.

    MP3Gain (free)
    http://mp3gain.sourceforge.net/

    -or-

    MPTrim Pro (not free)
    http://www.mptrim.com/

    --

    dadiOH
    ____________________________

    dadiOH's dandies v3.06...
    dadiOH, Apr 16, 2006

  3. Kyote

    Tee Jay Guest

    Kyote wrote:
    > Does anyone know of a good free program for normalizing the volume of
    > hundreds of mp3's?
    >
    > I use Nero 7 for burning most things but I can't seem to find a way to
    > do this unless I'm making a music cd. What I want to do is make me a
    > mp3 dvd where all the music's volume's are the same. It's annoying
    > having to turn the volume up for 1 song and down for another.

    Nero does this.
    2 pane, source & destination.
    Highlight destination. right click destination files.
    Properties/Filters/ check mark in Equalizer.
    Thanks for the thanks (doesn't always happen, nice to
    know when suggestion works)
    Tee Jay
    Tee Jay, Apr 17, 2006
  4. Kyote

    Kyote Guest

    On Mon, 17 Apr 2006 10:05:43 -0400, Tee Jay
    <> wrote:

    >Kyote wrote:
    >> Does anyone know of a good free program for normalizing the volume of
    >> hundreds of mp3's?
    >>
    >> I use Nero 7 for burning most things but I can't seem to find a way to
    >> do this unless I'm making a music cd. What I want to do is make me a
    >> mp3 dvd where all the music's volume's are the same. It's annoying
    >> having to turn the volume up for 1 song and down for another.

    >Nero does this.
    >2 pane, source & destination.
    >Highlight destination. right click destination files.
    >Properties/Filters/ check mark in Equalizer.
    > Thanks for the thanks (doesn't always happen, nice to
    >know when suggestion works)
    > Tee Jay

    Hi Tee Jay. I know when I'm making a music CD I can choose to make the
    chosen files normalized by right selecting all added files and then
    right clicking one and choosing properties then choosing normalize.
    But, I can't find any other of Nero's utilities that do this. It's
    completely possible I overlooked one of their utilities in my
    frustrations. Could you please tell me which component of Nero does
    this and maybe a little more of an explanation?

    -------
    Kyote
    Kyote, Apr 20, 2006
  5. Kyote

    Kyote Guest

    On Sun, 16 Apr 2006 21:15:10 GMT, "dadiOH" <>
    wrote:

    >Kyote wrote:
    >> Does anyone know of a good free program for normalizing the volume of
    >> hundreds of mp3's?
    >>
    >> I use Nero 7 for burning most things but I can't seem to find a way to
    >> do this unless I'm making a music cd. What I want to do is make me a
    >> mp3 dvd where all the music's volume's are the same. It's annoying
    >> having to turn the volume up for 1 song and down for another.

    >MP3Gain (free)
    >http://mp3gain.sourceforge.net/
    >
    > -or-
    >
    >MPTrim Pro (not free)
    >http://www.mptrim.com/

    Thanks for the help dadiOH. I haven't tried either of these as yet but
    I'll post back here to let you know how things turned out. Thanks for
    the information mate. It is highly appreciated!

    -------
    Kyote
    Kyote, Apr 20, 2006
  6. Kyote

    dadiOH Guest

    Kyote wrote:
    > On Mon, 17 Apr 2006 10:05:43 -0400, Tee Jay
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >> Kyote wrote:
    >>> Does anyone know of a good free program for normalizing the volume
    >>> of hundreds of mp3's?
    >>>
    >>> I use Nero 7 for burning most things but I can't seem to find a way
    >>> to do this unless I'm making a music cd. What I want to do is make
    >>> me a mp3 dvd where all the music's volume's are the same. It's
    >>> annoying having to turn the volume up for 1 song and down for
    >>> another.

    >> Nero does this.
    >> 2 pane, source & destination.
    >> Highlight destination. right click destination files.
    >> Properties/Filters/ check mark in Equalizer.
    >> Thanks for the thanks (doesn't always happen, nice to
    >> know when suggestion works)
    >> Tee Jay

    > Hi Tee Jay. I know when I'm making a music CD I can choose to make the
    > chosen files normalized by right selecting all added files and then
    > right clicking one and choosing properties then choosing normalize.
    > But, I can't find any other of Nero's utilities that do this. It's
    > completely possible I overlooked one of their utilities in my
    > frustrations. Could you please tell me which component of Nero does
    > this and maybe a little more of an explanation?

    It could be done in the wave editor (or most any other wave editor) but
    that requires decoding, "normalizing" and then re-encoding. The ones I
    mentioned do it directly to the MP3. Moreover, it is reversible...not
    so in wave editors.

    --

    dadiOH

    dadiOH's dandies v3.06...