    Using XP Pro as OS, AVG7 free.
    AVG7 is blocking the sending of the eMail

    TIA
    Star@*.*.invalid, Dec 15, 2004

  2. Star@*.*.invalid

    Old Gringo Guest

    Star@*.*.invalid wrote:
    > Just started to try Mozilla Thunderbird for eMail and can find no way to
    > mung email address. If I change the eMail address to Star@*.*.invalid
    > post will not send because it it is an invalid address.
    > Using XP Pro as OS, AVG7 free.
    > AVG7 is blocking the sending of the eMail
    >
    > TIA

    Here are 38,700 articles on How to Munge email:
    http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=munging email address&btnG=Google Search

    --
    Old Gringo George
    Just West Of Nowhere
    Old Gringo, Dec 15, 2004

  3. Star@*.*.invalid

    Mike Easter Guest

    Star@*.*.invalid wrote:
    > Just started to try Mozilla Thunderbird for eMail and can find no way
    > to mung email address. If I change the eMail address to
    > Star@*.*.invalid post will not send because it it is an invalid
    > address.

    Mungeing your From: of the email you send is a completely different
    situation from mungeing the From: for a newsreader post

    If you have need to anonymize your outgoing email, you need to go about
    it much more comprehensively than simply mungeing the From of your mail
    agent. You need to learn about remailers, anonymizers, nyms and such.

    That gets into 'What are you trying to do?'

    --
    Mike Easter
    Mike Easter, Dec 15, 2004
  4. Star@*.*.invalid

    Richard Guest

    <Star@*.*.invalid> wrote in message
    > Just started to try Mozilla Thunderbird for eMail and can find no way to
    > mung email address. If I change the eMail address to Star@*.*.invalid
    > post will not send because it it is an invalid address.
    > Using XP Pro as OS, AVG7 free.
    > AVG7 is blocking the sending of the eMail
    >
    > TIA

    For e-mail you can not use things like * in the addy.
    For newsgroups, you need to use the newsgroups settings.
    In newsgroups you can do a simple munge and use
    Where xxx is anything but a valid TLD like dot com, net, org, edu and so on.

    Even Outlook Express has two different rules that are applied to addy's.
    Richard, Dec 15, 2004
  5. On Wed, 15 Dec 2004 01:44:03 GMT, Star@*.*.invalid wrote:

    >Just started to try Mozilla Thunderbird for eMail and can find no way to
    >mung email address. If I change the eMail address to Star@*.*.invalid
    >post will not send because it it is an invalid address.
    >Using XP Pro as OS, AVG7 free.
    >AVG7 is blocking the sending of the eMail
    >
    >TIA

    Thanks all for the info.
    After reading the responses I see where my mind failed me on the
    difference between eMail and newsgroups. I was talking eMail and
    meaning newsgroups.
    Note for Old Gringo. Google is my home page so spend time using
    its search functions. I look at about the first 10/20 results and if I
    can not find any thing of value I go to (in this case Mozilla) and do
    a search. As Mozilla returned over 10,000 results and Google as
    you said return over 30,000 results I feel that to cut the odds I will
    post to a newsgroup. It worked as I was able the correct my error
    and didn't have to try and read over 40,000 responses on a dialup
    connection.

    Thanks All
    Star@*.*.invalid, Dec 15, 2004
  6. Star@*.*.invalid

    Guest

    Star@*.*.invalid wrote:

    > On Wed, 15 Dec 2004 01:44:03 GMT, Star@*.*.invalid wrote:
    >
    > >Just started to try Mozilla Thunderbird for eMail and can find no way to
    > >mung email address. If I change the eMail address to Star@*.*.invalid
    > >post will not send because it it is an invalid address.
    > >Using XP Pro as OS, AVG7 free.
    > >AVG7 is blocking the sending of the eMail
    > >
    > >TIA
    > >

    > Thanks all for the info.
    > After reading the responses I see where my mind failed me on the
    > difference between eMail and newsgroups. I was talking eMail and
    > meaning newsgroups.
    > Note for Old Gringo. Google is my home page so spend time using
    > its search functions. I look at about the first 10/20 results and if I
    > can not find any thing of value I go to (in this case Mozilla) and do
    > a search. As Mozilla returned over 10,000 results and Google as
    > you said return over 30,000 results I feel that to cut the odds I will
    > post to a newsgroup. It worked as I was able the correct my error
    > and didn't have to try and read over 40,000 responses on a dialup
    > connection.
    >
    > Thanks All

    http://www.ufaq.org/
    http://sillydog.org/