    around this and get win98 setup on this second hd and still have
    multiboot choices at post?

    Thanks, Kirby

    Kirby \Does it Hurt?\ Black, Sep 9, 2004

  2. Kirby \Does it Hurt?\ Black

    D Guest

    once again folks, TRY GOOGLE.

    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;200119

    D, Sep 9, 2004

  3. Uh, thank you mr. administrator and top poster, I already did what
    this article suggests. At any rate, I thought I'd ask here. Sorry
    you had to lift your fingers once too often, but don't patronize me,
    or anybody else for that matter.

    Kirby \Does it Hurt?\ Black, Sep 9, 2004
  4. Kirby \Does it Hurt?\ Black

    D Guest

    I will top post and patronize anybody who hasnt demonstrated that they have
    done there own work first. had you mentioned that you had put any real
    effort in, i would have tried to help you looked for a solution beyond what
    you had already tried. but seeing as you did not include a list of your
    efforts that is rather difficult now isnt it??

    now go off and get in a pissing contest with someone who cares!!

    D, Sep 9, 2004
  5. **** you dumbass

    Kirby \Does it Hurt?\ Black, Sep 9, 2004
  6. Kirby \Does it Hurt?\ Black

    127.0.0.1 Guest

    "D" <> wrote in message
    > I will top post and patronize anybody who hasnt demonstrated that they

    have
    > done there own work first. had you mentioned that you had put any real
    > effort in, i would have tried to help you looked for a solution beyond

    what
    > you had already tried. but seeing as you did not include a list of your
    > efforts that is rather difficult now isnt it??
    >
    > now go off and get in a pissing contest with someone who cares!!

    har mate...

    only newbs posts questions here.
    since when does a googler not find an answer then resort to posting? eh?

    yer the only one competing in a pissing contest.. bleh..

    -a|ex

    here's a question that google cannot find:
    how does one create multi-user databases on lotus notes 5.0 on a shared pc,
    which isn't reliant on the last user to log off?
    (per instructions from the notes admins: last user to close notes must be
    the same one to open it for others to use)

    this is a popular problem in corporate desktops.
    i know the answer, but i will not post it... (notes 6.5.1 fixes this issue,
    but doesn't answer the current problem).

    127.0.0.1, Sep 10, 2004
  7. Re: how to multiboot other os-es when xp already installed: Found solution

    > Hi, I lost my second disk, [installed behind xp pro disk, formatted
    > ntfs], which had win98 installed on it the other day. I went out,
    > bought a new 120gb disk, and installed it. Fdisked it with free

    dos,
    > formatted it fat32, and partitioned it 4 times. I want to install
    > win98 on the first partition, but setup won't let me. At beginning
    > of setup, I get: "Message SU0013, setup cannot create files on your
    > startup drive and cannot setup win98. If you have hpfs you must
    > create an ms-dos boot partition."
    >
    > My first thought is to disconnect the xp disk and continue with
    > setup, but realize I probably need to change the bootcfg on the xp
    > disk to enable this multi-boot. My reading at MS seems to indicate
    > that I need to install xp last. Of course I can't do this cause

    i'm
    > not starting with a clean slate, does anyone know a quick way to

    get
    > around this and get win98 setup on this second hd and still have
    > multiboot choices at post?
    >
    > Thanks, Kirby

    For those who might be able to use this, I found my own solution and
    thought I'd share it. I disconnected my main disk with xp installed.
    Then set my partitioned slave's jumper to master and hooked it up by
    itself. Using my win98 boot disk I ran "setup," and proceeded to
    install windows98 on the first partition. After this was completed
    to my temporary satisfaction, I hooked all hardware back up as it was
    originally, installed freely downloadable boot manager OSL2000;
    available here: http://www.osloader.com/ and now I'm doing what
    Microsoft says I couldn't.

    **** you asshole D

    Kirby

    Kirby \Does it Hurt?\ Black, Sep 11, 2004