    --
    Cheers,
    Shaun.

    ~misfit~, Nov 30, 2009

  2. ~misfit~

    Cima Guest

    On Tue, 1 Dec 2009 12:53:08 +1300, "~misfit~" <>
    wrote:

    >As per the subject line.
    >
    >I'm going to sell one of my desktop machines and I have a far nicer case I
    >can put it in than the beige case with ventilation holes hacked in it that I
    >was happy with....
    >
    >I can't get the COA off the old case, have already torn up one end of it a
    >bit. Can anyone help please? Is there a way to do it that retains the
    >integrity of the sticker?
    >
    >TIA,

    I've used a hair dryer & razor blade. Works ok as long as you take it very
    slowly with the blade ;)
    Cima, Dec 1, 2009

  3. ~misfit~

    Gadget Guest

    On 1 Dec, 11:53, "~misfit~" <> wrote:
    > As per the subject line.
    >
    > I'm going to sell one of my desktop machines and I have a far nicer case I
    > can put it in than the beige case with ventilation holes hacked in it that I
    > was happy with....
    >
    > I can't get the COA off the old case, have already torn up one end of it a
    > bit. Can anyone help please? Is there a way to do it that retains the
    > integrity of the sticker?
    >
    > TIA,
    > --
    > Cheers,
    > Shaun.
    >
    > "Give a man a fire and he's warm for the day. But set fire to him and he's
    > warm for the rest of his life." Terry Pratchet, 'Jingo'.

    Hi Shaun
    I've had luck with a can of "Freeze spray" (CRC make one version, code
    2039).
    The advantage to this stuff is it freezes the glue which becomes non-
    sticky - peeling with a knife blade is then pretty easy.
    Once thawed, its as good as new-I've "restuck" to a case recently
    without any issues.
    Just be cautious: you can get frostbite if you inadvertently hit skin!
    Cheers
    -Darl
    PS Whatever happened to your old nim "Misfit"? <smile>
    Gadget, Dec 1, 2009
  4. ~misfit~

    Richard Guest

    ~misfit~ wrote:
    > As per the subject line.
    >
    > I'm going to sell one of my desktop machines and I have a far nicer case I
    > can put it in than the beige case with ventilation holes hacked in it that I
    > was happy with....
    >
    > I can't get the COA off the old case, have already torn up one end of it a
    > bit. Can anyone help please? Is there a way to do it that retains the
    > integrity of the sticker?

    Heat from the back with a hairdryer is what I did to get one off.

    I tried calling MS to ask about a replacement for it and just got the
    runaround between their scriptreaders so gave up on that.

    This was the older style ones without the hole in it, I dont know if
    those are any harder to do or not.
    Richard, Dec 1, 2009
  5. ~misfit~

    ~misfit~ Guest

    Somewhere on teh intarwebs Richard wrote:
    > ~misfit~ wrote:
    >> As per the subject line.
    >>
    >> I'm going to sell one of my desktop machines and I have a far nicer
    >> case I can put it in than the beige case with ventilation holes
    >> hacked in it that I was happy with....
    >>
    >> I can't get the COA off the old case, have already torn up one end
    >> of it a bit. Can anyone help please? Is there a way to do it that
    >> retains the integrity of the sticker?

    > Heat from the back with a hairdryer is what I did to get one off.
    >
    > I tried calling MS to ask about a replacement for it and just got the
    > runaround between their scriptreaders so gave up on that.
    >
    > This was the older style ones without the hole in it, I dont know if
    > those are any harder to do or not.

    Thanks.
    --
    Shaun.

    ~misfit~, Dec 1, 2009
  6. ~misfit~

    ~misfit~ Guest

    Somewhere on teh intarwebs Cima wrote:
    > On Tue, 1 Dec 2009 12:53:08 +1300, "~misfit~"
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >> As per the subject line.
    >>
    >> I'm going to sell one of my desktop machines and I have a far nicer
    >> case I can put it in than the beige case with ventilation holes
    >> hacked in it that I was happy with....
    >>
    >> I can't get the COA off the old case, have already torn up one end
    >> of it a bit. Can anyone help please? Is there a way to do it that
    >> retains the integrity of the sticker?
    >>
    >> TIA,

    > I've used a hair dryer & razor blade. Works ok as long as you take it
    > very slowly with the blade ;)

    Cheers. It seems temperature change is the way to go.
    --
    Shaun.

    ~misfit~, Dec 1, 2009
  7. ~misfit~

    ~misfit~ Guest

    Somewhere on teh intarwebs Gadget wrote:
    > On 1 Dec, 11:53, "~misfit~" <> wrote:
    >> As per the subject line.
    >>
    >> I'm going to sell one of my desktop machines and I have a far nicer
    >> case I can put it in than the beige case with ventilation holes
    >> hacked in it that I was happy with....
    >>
    >> I can't get the COA off the old case, have already torn up one end
    >> of it a bit. Can anyone help please? Is there a way to do it that
    >> retains the integrity of the sticker?
    >>
    >> TIA,
    >> --
    >> Cheers,
    >> Shaun.
    >>
    >> "Give a man a fire and he's warm for the day. But set fire to him
    >> and he's warm for the rest of his life." Terry Pratchet, 'Jingo'.

    > Hi Shaun
    > I've had luck with a can of "Freeze spray" (CRC make one version, code
    > 2039).
    > The advantage to this stuff is it freezes the glue which becomes non-
    > sticky - peeling with a knife blade is then pretty easy.
    > Once thawed, its as good as new-I've "restuck" to a case recently
    > without any issues.
    > Just be cautious: you can get frostbite if you inadvertently hit skin!
    > Cheers
    > -Darl

    Thanks -Darl. Another suggestion to try. LOL, I only have the one label to
    move though.

    > PS Whatever happened to your old nim "Misfit"? <smile>

    Heh! I still use it in the "From" field to maintain continuity, I'd hate to
    be accused of nymshifting, I've been posting as ~misfit~ for well over a
    decade. However, since I outed myself a while back I sign posts with my real
    name. <shrug> I don't have anything to hide. <g>

    Regards,
    --
    Shaun.

    ~misfit~, Dec 1, 2009